The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolves to target Saracens players?

2 posters

Go down

Wolves to target Saracens players? Empty Wolves to target Saracens players?

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 27 Jan 2020, 9:05 am

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jan/26/super-league-warrington-monitor-saracens-situation-rugby-league

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Wolves to target Saracens players? Empty Re: Wolves to target Saracens players?

Post by The Beast Tue 28 Jan 2020, 1:23 pm

To be honest and I could be completely off the mark I cannot see other than publicity why they would be offering what would presumably need to be serious money to any player who has not been playing RL recently? If they have that much to spend I would be looking to the NRL.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 28 Jan 2020, 9:13 pm

The Beast wrote:To be honest and I could be completely off the mark I cannot see other than publicity why they would be offering what would presumably need to be serious money to any player who has not been playing RL recently?  If they have that much to spend I would be looking to the NRL.
Possibly they might be looking at a young fringe first team player/s as i don't think they could afford any first team regulars at Saracens

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 23 Feb 2020, 9:37 am

Sorry to pick up what is not a fairly old story however I was reading some more about the Saracens "issue" last week". Like a few I have been quick to criticise the RFL however the Union with significantly more resource seem to in a total mess.

Allegedly there were salary cap breaches a few years ago so they raised the cap rather than dealing with it. There is seemingly no real time salary cap checks and the fact that Saracens reportedly had a choice of relegation rather than opening their financial accounts is a, very telling and b, to me quite bizarre.

This and a player last year failing two drug tests and only getting a six month ban for the second suggest a lack of governance aka a free for all.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 23 Feb 2020, 2:09 pm

The Beast wrote:Sorry to pick up what is not a fairly old story however I was reading some more about the Saracens "issue" last week".  Like a few I have been quick to criticise the RFL however the Union with significantly more resource seem to in a total mess.  

Allegedly there were salary cap breaches a few years ago so they raised the cap rather than dealing with it. There is seemingly no real time salary cap checks and the fact that Saracens reportedly had a choice of relegation rather than opening their financial accounts is a, very telling and b, to me quite bizarre.

This and a player last year failing two drug tests and only getting a six month ban for the second suggest a lack of governance aka a free for all.
Saying they they took relegation rather the opening the books suggests to me they have something seriously to hide.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down