The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+29
Derbymanc
king_carlos
Galted
guildfordbat
Crimey
Luke
No name Bertie
alfie
JuliusHMarx
Samo
MrInvisible
Pal Joey
BamBam
superflyweight
JDizzle
CaledonianCraig
lfc91
GSC
TRUSSMAN66
SecretFly
lostinwales
navyblueshorts
Pr4wn
Afro
Luckless Pedestrian
Soul Requiem
Muscular-mouse
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
33 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 4 Empty Political round up.............

Post by Duty281 Fri 20 Dec 2019, 10:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Pr4wn wrote:Why are 16 and 17 year olds old enough to pay tax but not old enough to vote?

Good point, take them out of having to pay tax.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 4 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by lostinwales Thu 13 Feb 2020, 12:27 pm

BamBam wrote:Looks like a rare example of a politician having some principles, if it is because his staff was about to get sacked

Yes. Hard to rate him properly but he wasn't irredeemably stupid or nasty unlike Cruella De Patel, Raab or Loathsome for 3 examples.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 4 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 13 Feb 2020, 12:40 pm

Javid wasn't a Muslim, best to get your facts straight before looking like an idiot.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 13 Feb 2020, 12:52 pm

Even more of a token then.

At least Cummings has hand selected his next little b1tch to replace him

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 13 Feb 2020, 1:00 pm

Sunak’s obviously well liked by Johnson - got a prominent role in the GE campaign despite being an MP for fewer than five years - but a prominent promotion this early on is still a surprise.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 13 Feb 2020, 1:09 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Javid wasn't a Muslim, best to get your facts straight before looking like an idiot.

Non-practising, but certainly culturally a Muslim and depending on your definition of ethnicity, could be classified as an ethnic Muslim.

Best to think things through before trying to score points.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 13 Feb 2020, 1:19 pm

Soul likes to make a prat of himself when he can no longer twist into any further knots to defend the Tories.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2020, 1:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Food for thought why a PM with a reputation as a mysogynistic racist would want a fair share of Women and BAME Mps in his Govt before an Election....

Reshuffle coming soon isn't there...

Stories of Cummings bullying Javid...

See how long his replacement lasts....Claire Perry moaning too of harsh treatment.

Figures..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 13 Feb 2020, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 13 Feb 2020, 1:57 pm

Duty281 wrote:Sunak’s obviously well liked by Johnson - got a prominent role in the GE campaign despite being an MP for fewer than five years - but a prominent promotion this early on is still a surprise.

Well liked because he’ll basically just follow orders? I still remember when all the Tory Leadership candidates agreed to Javid’s enquiry on Islamaphobia. Halcyon days!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 13 Feb 2020, 2:01 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
BamBam wrote:I look forward to nonce Rolf Harris being deported shortly afterwards. Oh and Johnson / Gove have admitted using class A drugs so that's also worthy of deportation, anywhere will do

I once splashed Rolf Harris with a puddle of water as a kid outside a shopping centre. Must have sensed something wasn't quite right about the guy.
He gave me an evil stare from memory... followed by an awkward 'laugh'. Splashing puddles was the 'theme of the week' at the time. I'd had lots of practise in the playground and I was deadly accurate. Well I definitely got him below the knees. Maybe I'm to blame for his evil behaviour?
He wasn’t into the kids splashing it all over him then

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2020, 2:14 pm

JDizzle wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Sunak’s obviously well liked by Johnson - got a prominent role in the GE campaign despite being an MP for fewer than five years - but a prominent promotion this early on is still a surprise.

Well liked because he’ll basically just follow orders? I still remember when all the Tory Leadership candidates agreed to Javid’s enquiry on Islamaphobia. Halcyon days!

In fairness the new Chancellor should realise he is in a very strong position....For a guy labelled rightly as a racist it would look terrible to lose two BAME MPs from the second most important position in the Country....

Tokenism or not the new guy is pretty safe to exert his own personality to the role..

For now..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 13 Feb 2020, 2:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
JDizzle wrote:

In fairness the new Chancellor should realise he is in a very strong position....For a guy labelled rightly as a racist it would look terrible to lose two BAME MPs from the second most important position in the Country....

Tokenism or not the new guy is pretty safe to exert his own personality to the role..

For now..

The only time Sunak is going to be exerting anything is when he feels Cummings flex the fingers of the hand up his ass.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 13 Feb 2020, 2:28 pm

JDizzle wrote:

Perhaps, though there’s a great many who could do just the same, or possibly being prepared as a future leader of the Tory Party.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2020, 2:53 pm

BamBam wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
JDizzle wrote:

For now..

The only time Sunak is going to be exerting anything is when he feels Cummings flex the fingers of the hand up his ass.

Yes no doubt his predicted passive acquiescence is part of his appeal..

Sadly he has more bargaining scope than he realises.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 13 Feb 2020, 2:58 pm

Not being funny, but it sure as hell looks like the UK is now being run by an unelected bureaucrat.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 13 Feb 2020, 3:10 pm

Taking back control etc etc

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 13 Feb 2020, 3:45 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Javid wasn't a Muslim, best to get your facts straight before looking like an idiot.

Non-practising, but certainly culturally a Muslim and depending on your definition of ethnicity, could be classified as an ethnic Muslim.  

Best to think things through before trying to score points.  

I'll take Javids opinion on it myself but good try Fly.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 13 Feb 2020, 3:47 pm

Look at all the whining from the usual suspects Smile

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 13 Feb 2020, 3:52 pm

Just making sure all you UK voters are comfortable with Johnson accepting a £15,000 gift from a donor for his accommodation on his exclusive Caribbean island holiday while complaining about "elites" running the EU.

Honestly, the UK public are moronic.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2020, 3:57 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Look at all the whining from the usual suspects Smile

Bless...Reduced to this..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 13 Feb 2020, 3:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Give him a break. At least it was a coherent sentence with correct spelling.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 13 Feb 2020, 4:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

The representative views on this site are odd to say the least.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 13 Feb 2020, 4:13 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Give him a break. At least it was a coherent sentence with correct spelling.

laughing

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 14 Feb 2020, 11:51 am

Genuinely interested. How do you feel about the reshuffle?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 14 Feb 2020, 11:59 am

He's waiting for the official briefing from Cumstain before he has an opinion

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 14 Feb 2020, 12:14 pm

One question I have about the reshuffle: now that DExEU has been disbanded, who's responsible for negotiating our future relationship with the EU? The Foreign Office? Department for International Trade? Number 10?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 14 Feb 2020, 12:48 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:One question I have about the reshuffle: now that DExEU has been disbanded, who's responsible for negotiating our future relationship with the EU? The Foreign Office? Department for International Trade? Number 10?

It will presumably be the Department for International Trade.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 14 Feb 2020, 2:07 pm

Rebecca Long Bailey..."I support the protection of Israel alongside a viable Palestinian State....I guess that makes me a Zionist"

Deary me...All this talk about Anti Semitism and how it needs clearing up would sound better if these People knew what Zionism is.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 14 Feb 2020, 2:18 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:One question I have about the reshuffle: now that DExEU has been disbanded, who's responsible for negotiating our future relationship with the EU? The Foreign Office? Department for International Trade? Number 10?

It will presumably be the Department for International Trade.
Liz Truss. God help us.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Feb 2020, 10:30 am

See how long this Sabisky piece of trash lasts...

Though crapping on black people and thinking of novel ways to stop Working class Ladies from procreating will no doubt play well with Johnson and his fans.

However even by Cummings standards this guy is extreme.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 17 Feb 2020, 10:44 am

All three at different times for different reasons?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 17 Feb 2020, 11:36 am

Apparently there's a 'Taskforce Europe' working out of Number 10:

https://www.ft.com/content/bef4d592-21a4-11ea-b8a1-584213ee7b2b

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 18 Feb 2020, 2:15 pm

SecretFly wrote:

All three at different times for different reasons?

What could possibly go wrong when a government with such strong screening processes for its weirdo special advisors is in charge?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 18 Feb 2020, 6:01 pm

Twitter/Facebook Archives appear to be the most prevalent screening processes. So have no fear Bam. The Social Media historians are on it! OK

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Feb 2020, 2:33 pm

Bless him Blair is in the USA warning against Sanders...

Shame the guy won't P*** Off and let the Public get the chance to try to appreciate the good things he did..

Major...Brown...Miliband...Cameron...all disappeared from view as has Theresa May...

Called Statesmanship !!

But this desperate attention seeking narcissist won't go away just like Bitter Hillary..

The Turd that won't flush.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 24 Feb 2020, 3:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bless him Blair is in the USA warning against Sanders...

Shame the guy won't P*** Off and let the Public get the chance to try to appreciate the good things he did..

Major...Brown...Miliband...Cameron...all disappeared from view as has Theresa May...

Called Statesmanship !!

But this desperate attention seeking narcissist won't go away just like Bitter Hillary..

This post reads like a Trump tweet.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Feb 2020, 3:15 pm

Pr4wn wrote:

Called Statesmanship !!

You seem obsessed with Trump.....bless you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Feb 2020, 3:23 pm

Blair is just a puppet controlled by those with a large worldwide agenda (let's call them the Hillary sect).  He doesn't have a choice.  He's tied in and connected.  He's just an obedient little servant given no option but to sell the narratives of his bosses.  
He has to help turn the world back to where it was before Trump or the Hillary sect of nod, nod, wink, wink, war-here-profit-there, pay-for-play 'diplomacy' pals see themselves facing serious charges and possible jail time.
Every time he's interviewed you see the panic in Blair's dancing eyes, the tightness in his throat.  This is more than politics.  Has been for the last four years.  It's just survival instincts burning hot.
Trump can't win a 2nd term!  They're terrified.  After a period of invisibility, Assange, and the prospects of him being extradited to the US, begins to cast a long shadow again. Terrified.

Four More Years Please, because this continues to be the best movie since WW2.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Feb 2020, 3:32 pm

SecretFly wrote:Blair is just a puppet controlled by those with a large worldwide agenda (let's call them the Hillary sect).  He doesn't have a choice.  He's tied in and connected.  He's just an obedient little servant given no option but to sell the narratives of his bosses.  
He has to help turn the world back to where it was before Trump or the Hillary sect of nod, nod, wink, wink, war-here-profit-there, pay-for-play 'diplomacy' pals see themselves facing serious charges and possible jail time.
Every time he's interviewed you see the panic in Blair's dancing eyes, the tightness in his throat.  This is more than politics.  Has been for the last four years.  It's just survival instincts burning hot.
Trump can't win a 2nd term!  They're terrified.  After a period of invisibility, Assange, and the prospects of him being extradited to the US, begins to cast a long shadow again.  Terrified.

Four More Years Please, because this continues to be the best movie since WW2.

Yes the entitled Establishment.....Obama had to persuade Hillary to give her concession speech..Because why should Hillary have to concede to any one ???......Fancy putting up with Bill for fifty years and not getting the White House as compensation....

Not fair !! Sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 25 Feb 2020, 3:12 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:

Called Statesmanship !!

I'm just yanking your chain, mate. Calm down.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Feb 2020, 10:20 am

Pr4wn wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:

Called Statesmanship !!

I'm just yanking your chain, mate. Calm down.

Calm down ??...Bless..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Feb 2020, 10:24 am

Wonder how long before Priti Patel gets moved from the Home Office....Not only has she alienated most of the employees there but her obvious disdain for low wage immigrants is at odds with an NHS already suffering from thousands of vacancies..

Besides this Govt and racism will be a problem when Corbyn goes and Starmer is seen as an acceptable alternative.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2020, 1:09 pm

So the latest story is Priti Patel throwing folders in employees faces....Sounds like a real sweetheart...

But hey they are all lying apparently...Strange thing is no other Minister seems to be getting accused of bullying.

Great team player is Priti taking all 30 cases for the team..

We applaud her service and self sacrifice.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 05 Mar 2020, 3:26 pm

She perhaps doesn't/didn't say 'Yes Sir!' sharp enough when Lordly civil service 'employees' advise her that their advice is intended to be more than advice?  
The mostly unseen, unelected Real drivers of British policy.  I get a feeling Patel is resisting the directions and/or delay mechanisms coming from her 'staff'.  And they don't like it.  
"I'm boss, not you," says Patel.  And they don't like it so knives are out

That's my take on it anyway.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2020, 4:20 pm

Pretty dire take too.. ..More supposition than a cheap TV detective flick...

But as you please..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Mar 2020, 1:06 am

SecretFly wrote:She perhaps doesn't/didn't say 'Yes Sir!' sharp enough when Lordly civil service 'employees' advise her that their advice is intended to be more than advice?  
The mostly unseen, unelected Real drivers of British policy.  I get a feeling Patel is resisting the directions and/or delay mechanisms coming from her 'staff'.  And they don't like it.  

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

This is pathetic.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 06 Mar 2020, 8:42 am

Ha! Ha!  Boom.  On target. Wink

Knives out for the Lady that won't take any crap from snotty nosed establishment 'professionals'.

Three cheers for strong women!

And glad to see you happy, Pr.  That's the way to take it.  It's all a bit of fun. OK

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 06 Mar 2020, 10:57 am

SecretFly wrote:She perhaps doesn't/didn't say 'Yes Sir!' sharp enough when Lordly civil service 'employees' advise her that their advice is intended to be more than advice?  

That is the way the attempt to spin things has gone. Hard core conservative loyalists with a tear in their eyes telling tales of how wonderful she is and how she helped that Dalmatian puppy across the road (never seen again but who cares).

To be honest she stinks. The fact that she was sacked from a previous cabinet for those 'accidental' meetings whilst on holiday in Israel should have killed any chance she had of getting back in. In public she's never shown any actual competence. (And yes I can respect the ability of a politician even if I disagree with their politics)

The last civil service guy who quit should know what he's doing. He has a reputation for being very able. He was in the civil service for 33 years and had women bosses before. And he's choosing to fight things in a tribunal rather than just taking the pay off and running.

Otherwise the faceless civil service are the ideal fall guys. Asked to do the impossible and blamed for when things go wrong.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 06 Mar 2020, 11:22 am

lostinwales wrote:

That is the way the attempt to spin things has gone. Hard core conservative loyalists with a tear in their eyes telling tales of how wonderful she is and how she helped that Dalmatian puppy across the road (never seen again but who cares).

To be honest she stinks. The fact that she was sacked from a previous cabinet for those 'accidental' meetings whilst on holiday in Israel should have killed any chance she had of getting back in. In public she's never shown any actual competence. (And yes I can respect the ability of a politician even if I disagree with their politics)

The last civil service guy who quit should know what he's doing. He has a reputation for being very able. He was in the civil service for 33 years and had women bosses before. And he's choosing to fight things in a tribunal rather than just taking the pay off and running.

Otherwise the faceless civil service are the ideal fall guys. Asked to do the impossible and blamed for when things go wrong.
...and who also can't defend themselves publicly when traduced by political sleazeballs. Says a lot that this senior guy has quit, in order to defend himself.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Mar 2020, 1:02 pm

3k cash grant for small businesses.......30 billion fiscal stimulus.....Abolishing business rates for a year for small retail and hospitality businesses..

The magic money tree has been well and truly strangled.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Mar 2020, 1:31 pm

Deficit set to rise up to 66 billion by 2021 instead of the 38 billion predicted after this spendfest..

Good job we have Brexit and the Coronavirus to help fill the kitty.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next