The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheltenham 2020

4 posters

Go down

Cheltenham 2020 Empty Cheltenham 2020

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Mar 2020, 7:13 am

13:30 Cheltenham - Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle (Grade 1) (Class 1)
A fascinating renewal can go the way of ASTERION FORLONGE who showed a his ability in a key trial over in Ireland in February. Indeed, there have been five winners from that contest that have taken the spoils in the last twenty renewals so it rates as a solid indicator. If the ground comes up very soft then the Unibet Tollworth winner Fiddlerontheroof will enter calculations and don't dismiss Shishkin on all he's done to date.

14:10 Cheltenham - Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Novices' Chase (Grade 1) (Class 1)
Trying to find an angle to get NOTEBOOK beaten was very difficult and Henry de Bromhead's uber tough charge can display his superb round of jumping to get the better of rival Cashback to land the spoils. Fakir D'Oudairies may be overlooked as Mark Walsh lost his right iron and blundered at the last when the selection opposed him in Leopardstown at Christmas.

14:50 Cheltenham - Ultima Handicap Chase (Grade 3) (Class 1)
As expected, a very compressed and competitive renewal with 26lb between 24 runners. Vindication could be well handicapped and have side stepped the assessor but MULCAHEY'S HILL ticks a number of boxes so rates as a serious contender at a double figure price. The Conditional and Vintage Clouds both have chances but it's a wide-open heat as anticipated.

15:30 Cheltenham - Unibet Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy (Grade 1) (Class 1)
Pentland Hills has had wind surgery since his narrow defeat to Ballyandy at Haydock where he was keen and can come on for that run. Stablemate Epatante will be popular in the market but Mullins pair Sharjah and CILAOS EMERY take the eye. The former disappointed last time out but is a far better horse than that showing and it's notable that Paul Townend chooses the latter. It's a closer renewal than previous years but the softer ground can help the selection.

16:10 Cheltenham - Close Brothers Mares' Hurdle (Grade 1) (Registered As The David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle) (Class 1)
In what promises to be a thrilling renewal of this race BENIE DES DEUX and Honeysuckle will be extremely well found at the top of the market. Willie Mullins has a strong hand again and she gets the nod. That is not to denigrate Honeysuckle's achievements, who is a top class mare in her own right. Last year's winner Roskana has been primed for this but she would need similar luck to last year to avoid being the bridesmaid this time around.

16:50 Cheltenham - Northern Trust Company Novices' Handicap Chase (Listed) (Class 1)
We'll get a good handle on just how good PRECIOUS CARGO's form in behind Rouge Vif the last day when the Arkle is finished. If Rouge Vif runs well then it's safe to say Henderson's runner will shorten enough. The other one i like in here is HOLD THE NOTE who follows a similar form line to when the stable won this with Mister Whittaker in 2018. The handicap is extremely tight here so it's a difficult call and those would be my two against the field.

17:30 Cheltenham - National Hunt Challenge Cup Amateur Riders' Novices' Chase (Grade 2) (Class 1)
Often in this race it makes sense to see where Jamie Codd is riding and this year he's on RAVENHILL. He's the best amateur jockey out there and with Carefully Selected's stamina unknown at this trip he makes the best value. LORD DU MENSIL would be another i'd be interested in at the prices as he will surely stay this trip as evidenced at Haydock.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham 2020 Empty Re: Cheltenham 2020

Post by Beer Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:46 am

Anyone fancy a tipping comp again?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Tue 10 Mar 2020, 12:17 pm

I'm game

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 10 Mar 2020, 1:23 pm

Just came on to declare my bets for the day as I didn't think the comp would be on based on interest.

Have gone on an ew Lucky 15 on the first 4 on my tipping comp entries
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 10 Mar 2020, 1:38 pm

Think the Henderson one got up just there
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 10 Mar 2020, 5:49 pm

1 winner, 4 places out of 7.

I have had worse festival days but still down 50% of my Tuesday pot!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down