The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song

+9
Galted
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
tigertattie
WELL-PAST-IT
Soul Requiem
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
13 posters

Go down

Which two of these are the best selections for Lockdown Songs? (TWO VOTES)

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap4%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap0%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap4%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap11%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap2%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap18%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 8 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap2%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap9%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap0%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap7%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap13%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_lcap16%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 45

Poll closed

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Empty The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 07 Apr 2020, 12:08 am

I've given a lot of time, but I think we can begin now. People will/can still join, either this round (late) or next.

Anyhoo, we begin with the best song for lockdown. It may speak to how yours is going, the tone of it overall or what you are doing mostly. I don't know, I don't care, you pick what you want to pick.

We have selections, that shall remain anonymous until voting is closed, and a place here to discuss the choices, justify them and maybe share some YouTube links.

Have at it.

VOTE FOR TWO.

In the meantime, Round Two is Best Series To Binge During Lockdown - please send a good few over to me to work with. First choice will go to whoever comes last in this round and ascending from there.

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 15 Apr 2020, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Empty Re: The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song

Post by Samo Tue 07 Apr 2020, 4:55 am

Two of my five are up there, and Im surprised atleast one of the other 3 arent. Im So Ronery is an inspired choice. Kudos for reminding me that existed, going to subject Mrs Samo to it later.

Samo

Back to top Go down

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song Empty Re: The COVID-19 Culture Cup - First Round Voting - Best Lockdown Song

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 07 Apr 2020, 7:59 am

I want to know who picked Godspeed, a great choice, East Hastings would have been a good choice too considering its use in 28 days later.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Tue 07 Apr 2020, 8:33 am

Are we talking about "The Best" series or the best series relevant to lockdown as with the songs?
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 07 Apr 2020, 9:49 am

Whats the rules on voting? Is it a gentlepersons agreement that you dont vote for your own selections?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 07 Apr 2020, 10:31 am

tigertattie wrote:Whats the rules on voting? Is it a gentlepersons agreement that you dont vote for your own selections?

Original CC luminaries would profess not to vote for their own. I consider them liars

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2020, 11:24 am

I didn't vote for my own, but no doubt I will in future rounds in order to beat Galted.

Went for Depeche Mode and Tiffany. Ruled out Divinyls on the grounds that the lockdown hasn't affected that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Apr 2020, 12:33 pm

voting for your own is bad form, unless it is by accident... Which sometimes happens... By Accident.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Apr 2020, 2:01 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I didn't vote for my own, but no doubt I will in future rounds in order to beat Galted.

Went for Depeche Mode and Tiffany. Ruled out Divinyls on the grounds that the lockdown hasn't affected that.

"Good Die Young" would have been a more relevant song from The Divinyls.
She once threw an almost empty jug of ice in my face so she got one of my votes. Must say it was quite refreshing shock on that hot summer night.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Apr 2020, 4:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I didn't vote for my own, but no doubt I will in future rounds in order to beat Galted.

I wouldn't bother, pandemic-based culture competitions are my forte.

Good job with the countdown, Flipper, it's innovation like that which keeps the culture cup thriving when other competitions like the champion's league and IPL are falling apart. Tino will be turning in his grave.

Last edited by Galted on Tue 07 Apr 2020, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Arse)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2020, 10:22 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Are we talking about "The Best" series or the best series relevant to lockdown as with the songs?

It's that kind of lack of clarity that would have Tino turning in his grave.

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Tue 07 Apr 2020, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hole)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Apr 2020, 12:00 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Whats the rules on voting? Is it a gentlepersons agreement that you dont vote for your own selections?

Original CC luminaries would profess not to vote for their own. I consider them liars

I haven’t voted for my own. A fact that can be confirmed due to it currently having feck all votes.

I didn’t understand the choice format and was too clever in giving them in the order the 5 songs should be listened to in order to tell the corona story, not knowing the first pick would be the One used for the poll.

Had I known then Eric idle would have been top of my list.

Oh well, better push my lips together and whistle
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 08 Apr 2020, 8:36 am

Voting for your own is the equivalent of touching yourself. It's nice enough, but not half as good as when someone else does it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 08 Apr 2020, 8:39 am

Soul Requiem wrote:I want to know who picked Godspeed, a great choice, East Hastings would have been a good choice too considering its use in 28 days later.

That was my pick. I was close to picking East Hastings but the opening monologue from Dead Flag Blues swung it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 08 Apr 2020, 9:44 am

superflyweight wrote:Voting for your own is the equivalent of touching yourself.  It's nice enough, but not half as good as when someone else does it.  

Spot on. I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the court and claiming diminished responsibility for my self vote and touch (for The Animals). Caused by the anger and distress from Dolph not entering my nomination of Blue is the Colour. As you all - other than Dolph - will appreciate, that is the colour of the NHS and so should be leading the way. Admittedly, it is unlikely that the Chelsea squad had that in mind when it hit hit the charts in 1970 as their FA Cup Final song.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 08 Apr 2020, 1:33 pm

Out of respect for the NHS, I didn’t want to damn them with an association to Chelsea.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 08 Apr 2020, 2:04 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Out of respect for the NHS, I didn’t want to damn them with an association to Chelsea.

Laugh clap I'll need time to work on an instant response. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Apr 2020, 2:29 pm

I thought Man City played in blue anyway!

Who are these Chelsea folk you speak of?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Wed 08 Apr 2020, 4:41 pm

No, only decent team in blue is Everton
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 08 Apr 2020, 5:34 pm

Philistines doing the voting again I see.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 08 Apr 2020, 5:49 pm

Galted wrote:Philistines doing the voting again I see.

Galted - if you should come across Eric Burdon whilst out for your daily exercise, don't assume he'll adhere to the 2 metre rule.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 08 Apr 2020, 6:23 pm

Given that he just succumbed to COVID-19, it's a shame John Prine's Christmas In Prison wasn't on the list . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 08 Apr 2020, 6:49 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:Philistines doing the voting again I see.

Galted - if you should come across Eric Burdon whilst out for your daily exercise, don't assume he'll adhere to the 2 metre rule.

Smile no objection to the leaders but yet again my excellent choice is bringing up the rear. It's like the Christmas version of the cup all over again.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 10 Apr 2020, 12:52 pm

This looks like going on longer than the lockdown.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 11 Apr 2020, 12:25 pm

Dammit didn't realise this had started - take it I'm too late??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 11 Apr 2020, 2:38 pm

RDW wrote:Dammit didn't realise this had started - take it I'm too late??

Too late for round one, but you'll still start on as many points as me.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 11 Apr 2020, 2:55 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Julius - I assume you wouldn't want to be leading in any competition that would have you in it.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 11 Apr 2020, 3:23 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Julius - I assume you wouldn't want to be leading in any competition that would have you in it.

Don't be fooled, Guildford, behind the witty facade lurks a fierce but useless competitor.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 15 Apr 2020, 12:08 am

Have I won yet?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 15 Apr 2020, 8:56 am

It's been a good while since Flipper last posted, wondering if the competition has gone the way of every sporting competition in recent weeks.

My initial thought was that he'd succumbed to the Coronavirus but, having had a look at his last few posts he managed to insult Ed Miliband and the original CC luminaries so it could have been a hit job, very likely Julius with an antique shotgun.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down