The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dwarf series X

5 posters

Go down

Red Dwarf series X Empty Red Dwarf series X

Post by talkingpoint Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:15 pm

Are there any Red Dwarf fans on the forum? How do you feel about the official announcement that Series X is in the works and should air next year? I for one am ecstatic about the news - I am a big Red Dwarf fan and even enjoyed the Back to Earth specials. I really like the idea of missing series 9 and leaving it a mythical series as referred to in BTE. I don't imagine they will make too many more series what with the cast now looking quite aged. I also think they will explore more melodrama like BTE due to the character's age and maturity; although I am sure there will be many slap stick and hilarious moments. For me series 8's ending was far too open and BTE didn't really tie off any loose ends, rather again it left it wide open. If series X or even 11 (depending on how successful the new series is and Dave's desire to air another series) is to officially be the last series then I think it should have some kind of conclusion to it. But regardless of where the story and character development go I am thrilled that there will be at least 6 new episodes Yahoo

Thoughts?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Red Dwarf series X Empty Re: Red Dwarf series X

Post by Enforcer Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

I'm worried by it, I should be excited but after BTE I'm not sure whether they will be able to recreate the old magic. I did quite enjoy BTE, but it was nowhere near the standard of even the later series.

I don't understand what you mean about Series 9, are they going to class BTE as 9 but not mention it in the new series?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 13 Jun 2011, 4:06 pm

I think they are technically classing BTE as series 9 but the fictional series 9 was referred to numerous times in the BTE specials. Doug said in an interview afterwards he didn't want to make series 9 but rather go straight to series 10, so although series X is officially only the 9th series produced it is being called series X and so I would imagine takes place after the fictional events of series 9 (obviously within the 'canon' of Red Dwarf).

I liked the feel of BTE - the emptiness and scale of Red Dwarf, however they do want to film the new series infront of a live audience this time so it will probably have a better feel to it much like the earlier series.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 13 Jun 2011, 4:07 pm

talkingpoint wrote:Are there any Red Dwarf fans on the forum? How do you feel about the official announcement that Series X is in the works and should air next year? I for one am ecstatic about the news - I am a big Red Dwarf fan and even enjoyed the Back to Earth specials. I really like the idea of missing series 9 and leaving it a mythical series as referred to in BTE. I don't imagine they will make too many more series what with the cast now looking quite aged. I also think they will explore more melodrama like BTE due to the character's age and maturity; although I am sure there will be many slap stick and hilarious moments. For me series 8's ending was far too open and BTE didn't really tie off any loose ends, rather again it left it wide open. If series X or even 11 (depending on how successful the new series is and Dave's desire to air another series) is to officially be the last series then I think it should have some kind of conclusion to it. But regardless of where the story and character development go I am thrilled that there will be at least 6 new episodes Yahoo

Thoughts?

First I've heard of it, but if they are doing a new series Yahoo
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 13 Jun 2011, 5:26 pm

I need to watch BTE again, I can't remember that! Thanks for clearing it up though tp, much appreciated thumbsup

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by camerajuan Mon 13 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

Maybe X is X as in algebra & not roman numerals. X could equal anything.

Awesome shout if it happens, I'll be watching.

camerajuan

https://www.youtube.com/user/pondguard22?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Mon 13 Jun 2011, 7:49 pm

As long as it ends with Dave getting his farm on fuchal and Rimmer getting a job on funky channal 6 in the end i will be happy.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 13 Jun 2011, 8:02 pm

randy-poffo wrote:As long as it ends with Dave getting his farm on fuchal and Rimmer getting a job on funky channal 6 in the end i will be happy.

LOL good shout Poffo haha that's old skool 8)

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down