The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all!!

5 posters

Go down

Hello all!! Empty Hello all!!

Post by Hienrich Thu 27 Jan 2011, 11:28 am

Hi all Hienrich signing in. Shame that 606 got closed, but in a way a relief - I had terrible trouble with the Mods on 606, basically I used it from a shared network, and clearly there was a former banned user whose account was also associated with the network - and, to cut a long story short, I got banned over the years, 44 times, finally surviving with my Hienrich moniker!

On the subject of Mods, if you are, as it were, still looking, I am happy to volunteer - I have been a mod on several forums in the past:)

Hienrich

http://www.ukamericansportsfans.com/

Back to top Go down

Hello all!! Empty Re: Hello all!!

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jan 2011, 11:31 am

I feel I must ask......what did you do to be banned 44 times?! I know the mods are a bit......picky but damn lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Hienrich Thu 27 Jan 2011, 11:35 am

Well a mixture of network trouble and 'minor' wumming - Anyone will know, if they have used the cricket boards of 606, that articles that mention India usually get modded, for some reason...

Hienrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jan 2011, 11:44 am

Haha fair enough. I have had many an article removed for reasons I can only hazard a guess at so I know what they can be like!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hienrich Thu 27 Jan 2011, 11:47 am

mc_homer wrote:Haha fair enough. I have had many an article removed for reasons I can only hazard a guess at so I know what they can be like!

let us face it, the Mods on 606 did it as a professional job - ie they were all on a power trip! Sites with volunteer mods, as I believe this one will be are always better. I worked one summer at a Moderation company, with the 'pros' and literally they were all the worst sort of person you could meet.

Hienrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jan 2011, 11:50 am

Very true although they are not all that bad. I know the mods on the Dallas Stars official forum are really cool, they even join in the banter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Jan 2011, 12:05 pm

Not here - I am your worst nightmare.

If it looks like any of you are having fun - you will be banned!

Welcome to the board.

I think we are okay for mods at the moment but feel free to let us know of any trouble on the boards. If the membership gets as big as we would like then we will certainly consider you.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Jack Thu 27 Jan 2011, 12:42 pm

Welcome to the board Very Happy

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 27 Jan 2011, 1:18 pm

Hienrich wrote:Well a mixture of network trouble and 'minor' wumming - Anyone will know, if they have used the cricket boards of 606, that articles that mention India usually get modded, for some reason...

because indian fans can't accept Sachin isn't a god? Rolling Eyes

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 27 Jan 2011, 1:27 pm

Hi Hienrich,

That sounds like a nightmare!

I've had my own little run ins with the mods but nothing too bad. You are right about the power trip thing. It is like a scary throwback to some old fashioned kangaroo court where the verdict is final - no right of appeal more often than not.

I think despite all the 'rules of engagement' there were many abuses from both users and moderators. Virtual anarchy is a scary concept.

We all gotta know our limits (as Clint Eastwood would say) but good manners and decency would often go out the window with the most passionate protagonists. I would let all those comments go through to the keeper and try and keep my heavy bat out of the way!

I wish our Aussie batsman could have done the same throughout the recent Ashes series. Sad

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum