Wish you were here?

Go down

Wish you were here? Empty Wish you were here?

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Feb 2011, 8:36 pm

We all love going on holiday and getting away from the normal hassles of life for a week or two.
Whether it be abroad in the sun or somewhere different in the UK, what is your best holiday memory?

Back to top Go down

Wish you were here? Empty Re: Wish you were here?

Post by Adam D on Fri 11 Feb 2011, 8:43 pm

Wow - where do I start

I have been very fortunate to have travelled all over the world and have been to most places. But with regards to holidays, my two favourites were Margherita and Malaysia.

Both incredible destinations with incredible visuals and weather. Visiting Angel Falls was something else in Venezuela (Margarita is off the cost of Venezuela).

One of the most incredible landmarks that I have been to is the statue of Christ in Rio. The altitude of the statue is really got to be seen to be believed - the rest of Rio sucked balls though. The Coca cabana is well grotty!

Last edited by Adam D on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan on Fri 11 Feb 2011, 8:59 pm

I've been lucky with holidays, been to a lot of places in my 20 years!

Favourite place purely because I was 10 at the time was Orlando, Disney World was incredible, can't wait to have kids to take them there!

Favourite recent holiday was Barcelona, absolutely beautiful city went in 2007, I'm going there again this summer too!

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Feb 2011, 10:02 pm

Hobo wrote:
As this is a family board I will leave out any sexual reasons for enjoying a holiday!

What happened in Vegas stays in Vegas Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 on Fri 11 Feb 2011, 10:40 pm

My best one Maldives just me and Mrs Asdral laying in the sun all day left the kids at home with the brother in law superb
many moons ago I walked into and out of the Grand Canyon in a day I did about 40 miles it was an amazing place the wildlife down there and the views looking back up the Canyon something else
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 12 Feb 2011, 11:19 am

Rarotonga (Cook Islands) was a holiday I'll never forget. Total paradise without the touts and hordes of other tourists. (may be different now - I went there with wife in 1997)

For my bike licence - the cop pointed to a palm tree in the middle of a courtyard and said: 'OK, drive around it and come back'

I did this without a hitch. Then he said: 'OK, do it again...'

I did.

'Ok, go to girl in office and pick up your photo licence now.' thumbsup
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 12:16 pm

I go to America most years, OK the New York and North NJ to see family and friends, also go to a few baseball games
This year doing a small trip around my home land Ireland not for me but for my girlfriend. Starting at Dublin then going to Inishfree Island, after that touring around the rest and finishing down in the ring of Kerry 8)
After that was a football tour around the north of Italy during the World Cup 90 played against a few teams from different countries and went to the three Republic Of Ireland games
11 June 1990
England 1 – 1 Republic of Ireland on Cagliari

Last edited by sharky066 on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 12:25 pm

One of the best holidays I had was in New Orleans. That place is party-mad! I've been there twice (though never for Mardi Gras) but it's crazy at any time of year.

Being a music lover, it was ideal for me. When I first went I was expecting it all to be Jazz (which is fine by me), but in fact the Jazz is only heard in dedicated Jazz clubs, the street buskers and some of the daytime cafés. The rest of the time it's good ole Southern Rock music and maybe bluegrass/cajun music. But the Southern Rock really takes over. Every bar seems to have live music at all times of day or night.

When I was staying there I stayed outside the city but went in to visit; the last time I was there we did the tourist sight-seeing bit during the day. Looking at the river and bridges, the riverside attractions, paddle boats etc. and the French Quarter. Lunch in the cafés saw us being entertained by jazz bands on the outside seating areas, and then we took a walk down Bourbon Street. By about 4pm it was time for a breather and a beer so we went in the very next bar we came to (pretty much wall-to-well no Bourbon Street apart from the strip clubs! Well we sit down at the bar and it's two-for-one time so two bottles of ice cold beer in front of me and a kick-ass live band starts playing. I sat there and thought to myself where else in the world could I be sat at a bar at 4pm on a Monday afternoon, drinking cheap (but excellent) beer, and listening to live music!

The place is heaven

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 1:24 am

Also went to Florida this May, amazing time and off to Majorca end of August. But to be honest I almost look forward to a long weekend in Benidorm, went every year as a kid and feels like a second home.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 12:12 pm

Butlins Skegness with the kids last year was fantastic (added to because they believe we'd all been that good that Santa had given it us as a present as Daddy's skint Smile )
Had a brilliant time and spending Christmas day on the fair was surreal. Needed 3 days to get over it when we got home (early mornings + late nights) but well worth it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:03 pm

Not the best memory but still makes me chuckle

My uncle who was about 65 at the time wanted to go see Monet's Garden as we are both into art and his wife doesn't want to travel anywhere. So there was me with him and a bus full of old people an I'm thinking 'Crikey this is going to be fun...NOT'

When we got to the village we were staying in we went on the lash in local pubs then we went to a local nightclub and my uncle who fancies himself as the biggest swinger in town got really drunk. He starts chatting drunkenly everyone and while I was on the dance floor he pukes up all over the bogs and these French bouncers were gonna kick us out of the club

When we were walking back to the hotel it was light and the local market were setting up the stalls. We were up at 9am for a trip to Honfleur needless to say a bit worse for wear. Thankfully the trip to Monet's Garden wasn't until the next day

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:48 pm

Bavaria in the Winter. Take me back. Skiing, girls, beer (my first experience with the nectar), the Allianz on a Saturday. The cathedrals. The girls.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 8:17 pm

Been to New york more times than I care to remember....When we visit folks now we get the train into NYC usually takes just a couple of hours.......Car journey can be a Ball ache

Never been to the West Coast or down South.....

Been to Paris....beautiful Venice...Portugal...Greece.... but mainly to Belgium and Spain as my pop in law owns property in those places..

As Jo prefers Marbella it's usual that we go there...A nice pad at The Don Carlos...

Venice was the best place I've been ...Recommend it to anybody....Beautiful!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 12:36 am

Never been Venice but loved the vibe at Venice beach. Would love to go to NY but not gonna happen with kids, maybe 10 year anniversary next October?
Was happy enough with the likes of Spain and Greece, but Florida is now the new standard!!. Remortgaging next year so maybe?

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 1:48 pm

Went to Pais and Venice with school and my parents. Far too immature to appreciate any of it but never had the urge to go back and do it properly. Got a holiday apartment in Spain which is nice and we get out there every year for a couple of weeks although if my foot doesn't heal properly I won't be going anywhere this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 10:58 am

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 11:13 am

Angling to be reinstated as a moderator, Toppy? Wink

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 11:22 am

Lol nah, think I burnt those bridges pretty comprehensively, Duty.

Though if CS had been banned earlier, I may well have still been a mod.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 2:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Lol nah, think I burnt those bridges pretty comprehensively, Duty.

Though if CS had been banned earlier, I may well have still been a mod.....

You keep telling yourself that toppy!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 2:42 pm

Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum