Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by TheGreyGhost on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

It's kind of childish.

Just because you don't agree with my opinion?

Don't you feel it's a little bit sandpit?

A little bit taking your bat and ball and going home?


TheGreyGhost

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by XR on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

If this is the case, then it is very childish.

Got to love the power hungry interwebs people

XR

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Cumbrian on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

Justice for GG!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4191
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Biltong on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:21 am

Greyghost, you sound upset?
Biltong
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by TheGreyGhost on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:23 am

Here is a classic example of fans of a certain nation sticking their fingers in their ears and the heads in the sand.

"If I can't hear what the nasty man says, it's not true!"

It's utterly pathetic and undermines your status as a forum for debate.

TheGreyGhost

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by rodders on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:24 am

Down with censorship! GreyGhost has rights too!!
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25288
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by RuggerRadge2611 on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:25 am

The people here on 606 v2 have a tough job, trying to control and moderate this place the way it was done on BBC 606 can't be easy since there is only a handful of people to do it. In that case I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I would also say thus far they have donw a good job.

Ghost, I have to say that in some people's eyes you can be seen as a bit of a WUM (not mine), despite your abrasive straight talking style I think you are very knowlegeable about the game of rugby. However you also must understand you have a reputation (rightly or wrongly) that has followed you here from the old 606 and as a result I can understand why your posts may be scrutinized more than others.

Not saying it's fair, but it is what it is.

If however your posts are being deleted without due process I would be very worried indeed.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7186
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 34
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Adam D on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:38 am

Thanks Radge for saying that.

Let me clarify the position of the board.

It has been set up and ran by a group of people, who unlike the BBC moderators are not paid to do so. We take the well being of the board as a whole very seriously and have set up rules that every member has to adhere to.

We encourage debate and for people to express their views, even if they are controversial. We have guidelines as to what is not:

Racism
Libelous statements
Sexism
Discrimination of any kind
Personal attacks
Posts that do not break the above rules but are solely designed to upset people

We do not go around deleting posts for the sake of doing so. We would only do so if they have broken any of the above rules.

If you have had several posts deleted, it is down to the fact that someone has been complaining about your comments. We then take a review of your posts and decide if they merit deletion or not. It is the same for every poster on here.

If it warrants a email/PM, we will issue one. Sometimes the infraction is so little, we do not.

Speaking for myself, the only post I have removed was a thread that you made yesterday - the joke about the England selection. I personally had no problem with the joke itself, however, the thread continued into casual racism territory. A few people were involved, so the decision was made to remove it completely.

Hopefully you now understand the position surrounding deleted posts.

If you have any comments you wish to make, then please contact your moderators or admin people via PM.

I would like to remind you that the moderation team are able to edit, delete posts - their actions are scrutinised by the admin team. So far, they have done a fantastic job and have the admin teams 100% support in EVERY decision made by them. However, if you are unhappy with their actions, then please flag it.

Final comment from me. I have already stated the position of the admin team in setting up this board. We do this and spend a lot of time for the benefit of the members.. We have put together a series of rules for you all to read and comply with. However, the admin team's judgment is final. It is not open for debate on these boards, and any open criticism of the moderation or admin team will be frowned upon.

Kiwi and Dreamer do a fantastic job and should be respected for the effort they put in.

If you have any issues, contact any of us via PM.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 46
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by RuggerRadge2611 on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:45 am

Hobo wrote:

Kiwi and Dreamer do a fantastic job and should be respected for the effort they put in.

Could not agree more. Hug
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7186
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 34
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:52 am

Further to Hobo's point. I deleted 2 of GG's posts yesterday, both posted on the England Squad selection article. I'll also note that in response to an earlier "flare up" on that topic I had posted the following:

Kiwireddevil wrote:
... While there has been some comment about the fact that a fair number of the squad is foreign born, no-one's had a wumming dig about it, and I'll be deleting any wum posts that pop up on this thread.

K devil

I do try to keep my promises ... :-).



Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
V2 Editor
V2 Editor

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by polotechnics on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:53 am

I couldn’t agree more with the admin’s comments and actions.

I must say that the tone and attitude of this forum is far better than the previous 606. It became so childish that I stopped reading the posts let alone actually posting (not that I ever post much, I’m more of a reader)

This forum fosters mature debate and interesting conversation and long may it continue.

polotechnics

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 42
Location : cardiff, from swansea

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:56 am

I'd like to see which of the Grey Ghost's posts have been deleted, but I suppose I'll never be able to read them now...

I hope it's not the case that posts are deleted just because another poster complains about them, otherwise all it needs it an ass of a poster going round complaining about every post for this situation to arise.

I hope this gets sorted out because the Grey Ghost a) knows his rugby and b) riles some people paticularly well - which in itself is surely no reason for deleting posts.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23670
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:59 am

polotechnics wrote:I must say that the tone and attitude of this forum is far better than the previous 606. It became so childish that I stopped reading the posts This forum fosters mature debate and interesting conversation and long may it continue.

Thanks to the admins and moderators for all the unpaid time and effort you put in. I think we all really appreciate it. clap clap

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Posts : 5882
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30
Location : Wicklow

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by lostinwales on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:00 am

I remember on 606 that it was almost with shock that I found that amongst the inflammatory rubbish GG could write some decent stuff

But maybe if GG kept to his occasional insightful and non wummish articles and did less of the other stuff they wouldnt keep on getting deleted.

lostinwales

Posts : 8643
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Enforcer on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:01 am

Luckless posts are only deleted if the mod or admin looking at it decides it breaks site rules. The Report system only flags posts that other users think we should take a look at, we make the decision from there.

You can't see the deleted posts as they break the site rules and are not allowed on the forum.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Posts : 3588
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 34
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by maestegmafia on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:02 am

I think the mods/admin are doing a great job, but I also value grey ghosts perspective.

He is a true rugby fan, a proud kiwi and his often objective view point prevents us Northern Hemispherians from getting too carried away with small glories.

Maybe GG Could post in a less inciteful manner, whilst still conveying his objective opinion.

Same could be said for other forum members like Nottins.

maestegmafia
Maes
Maes

Posts : 22631
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:02 am

Lucky - if something is reported we go through a process of monitoring and reviewing it. A post isn't automatically deleted just because it's reported.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

polotechnics wrote:
I must say that the tone and attitude of this forum is far better than the previous 606. It became so childish that I stopped reading the posts let alone actually posting (not that I ever post much, I’m more of a reader)

This forum fosters mature debate and interesting conversation and long may it continue.

Agree 100%. I was gave up on the 606 for the same reasons as you state. This forum (Cricket as well) is a much better place for the lack of WUMs.

Grey Ghost does add value to the forum as he clearly knows his stuff. If however some of his Wind Up posts (some of them are classics, it has to be said) have to be removed to try and keep the forum the way it has started then it's a price worth paying.

As long as its not just his posts (I am sure it is not) that are getting treated like this then I think its fair enough.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. As great as 606v2 is - and it really is great - I just hope that there's still room for genuine wumming.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23670
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by RubyGuby on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

GG is a top poster on here, if you can't handle him or don't like what he says try Marmite - It's also not his fault his countrys XV is made up of players from varying countrys who have narrow throats thumbsup

RubyGuby

Posts : 7404
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by greybeard on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:10 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I hope this gets sorted out because the Grey Ghost a) knows his rugby

Yes but he hides it well.

Why should we have to trawl through the same "England poachers"/"Wayne Barnes cost us the match" posts over and over again to find that 1% of his posts that show interest in rugby and decent debate. He's made his bed and he can lie in it.

greybeard

Posts : 2078
Join date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Notch on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:14 am

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:
polotechnics wrote:I must say that the tone and attitude of this forum is far better than the previous 606. It became so childish that I stopped reading the posts This forum fosters mature debate and interesting conversation and long may it continue.

Thanks to the admins and moderators for all the unpaid time and effort you put in. I think we all really appreciate it. clap clap

Exactly. And often the conversation can be dragged down by the same old petty grievances and WUMs. The mods are right to be proactive about preventing that.
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Effervescing Elephant on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:15 am

greybeard wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:I hope this gets sorted out because the Grey Ghost a) knows his rugby

Yes but he hides it well.

Why should we have to trawl through the same "England poachers"/"Wayne Barnes cost us the match" posts over and over again to find that 1% of his posts that show interest in rugby and decent debate. He's made his bed and he can lie in it.

Could not agree more.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Posts : 1629
Join date : 2011-03-25
Age : 43
Location : Exeter/Bristol/Brittany

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Notch on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:15 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Okay, thanks for clarifying that. As great as 606v2 is - and it really is great - I just hope that there's still room for genuine wumming.

Really?
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Portnoy on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

RubyGuby wrote:GG is a top poster on here, if you can't handle him or don't like what he says try Marmite - It's also not his fault his countrys XV is made up of players from varying countrys who have narrow throats thumbsup

I sort of agree - up to the bit ending Marmite.

What GG (in my humble opinion) needs to learn the is difference between the words ribald and rabid and act accordingly.

And may I support all of those positive posts above about the fantastic job the mods and Hobo are doing. Well done clap clap
Portnoy
Portnoy

Posts : 4396
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 69
Location : Felixstowe, Tigers, England

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

greybeard wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:I hope this gets sorted out because the Grey Ghost a) knows his rugby

Yes but he hides it well.

Why should we have to trawl through the same "England poachers"/"Wayne Barnes cost us the match" posts over and over again to find that 1% of his posts that show interest in rugby and decent debate. He's made his bed and he can lie in it.

Quite. Us English will get accused of being sensitive or blinkered but it does get a bit tiresome when a poster continues to bang on about the same issues regardless of the subject being discussed. Yes, you can ignore them but it is a bit silly and often takes threads into dead-ends and brings out the worst in people.

I don't doubt that GG knows his rugby but do we need every topic to involve the same old stuff.

As has been said before 606v2 started with an amnesty and everyone had a clean slate. Great. However, some slates look like a copy-and-paste from the old606, one of the reasons I only browsed on there and never posted.

Having said all that, the mods seem to be doing a fine job here. Bravo.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by RubyGuby on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

"I just hope that there's still room for genuine wumming."

I have to agree with that Notch - I just hate that insincere wumming stuff - you can't beat the real thing, or ting even

censored

RubyGuby

Posts : 7404
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by snoopster on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:20 am

greybeard wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:I hope this gets sorted out because the Grey Ghost a) knows his rugby

Yes but he hides it well.

Why should we have to trawl through the same "England poachers"/"Wayne Barnes cost us the match" posts over and over again to find that 1% of his posts that show interest in rugby and decent debate. He's made his bed and he can lie in it.

agreed - it gets very boring having the middle of a thread about the England team selection turned over to people repeatedly pointing out that GG was making things up and it was a good example of the admins doing their job well and stopping someone's thread being ruined.

snoopster

Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

Notch wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:Okay, thanks for clarifying that. As great as 606v2 is - and it really is great - I just hope that there's still room for genuine wumming.

Really?

Yes, really. Wums can be great. If they're deliberately offensive then it's a different matter, but surely we should be grown-up enough to allow genuine banter.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23670
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Okay, thanks for clarifying that. As great as 606v2 is - and it really is great - I just hope that there's still room for genuine wumming.

It's a judgement call. I've deleted posts by about half a dozen different posters in the month or so I've been a Mod - and it's not something I've had to do every day. I'll also add that the majority of reports that come in complaining about posts don't result in a deletion. Banter is fine, debate is great. And if a wum is genuinely funny and/or original we'll let something stand, especially if some good debate comes out of it. If all it does is rile people up and start flame wars, I think the board is better off without it.

I'll acknowledge I perhaps should have PM'd GG yesterday to let him know about the deletions - unfortunately something came up at work yesterday afternoon and I had to go and take care of the day job (us foreign workers do get hired for a reason you know).

Speaking of which, I have a meeting in 10 minutes to prepare for. Laters all.

K devil
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
V2 Editor
V2 Editor

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by mckay1402 on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:24 am

Although the occasional Wum is ammusing, it's only a very small percentage. almost all Wums are annoying and although I really don't want to come across as sycophantic I think the mods do a good job of keeping the boards Wum free. 606 became a nightmare before it was euthanised.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Posts : 2512
Join date : 2011-04-27
Age : 42
Location : Market Harborough

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Breadvan on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

No doubt GG is knowledgable poster, probably forgotten more than I know about rugby, but its the same subject every time! Change the tune you mad kiwi censored Thats why the moderators delete your posts mate...



clap To the mods and admin for doing such a great job on a great site.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Posts : 2789
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by rodders on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

There needs to be a bit of perspective, maturity and tolerance to make and internet forum work. Over sensitive people who get upset everytime someone disagrees with them or people who take everything too seriously are far more destructive to an internet forum than someone like GreyGhost.

If GG wants to keep posting articles about Wayne barnes and foreign players playing for England then I don't see the problem. If people don't like his articles and posts then they are free to ignore them. Unfortunatley GG's reputation precedes him so the same people who get offended by his posts tend to gravitate to them.

I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about Irish project players and Saffers at Ulster but I don't think they should be deleted just because the arguments have been done to death. Some of these debates could in some way be seen as mildly racist or predjudice by an extremely sensitive poster if taken out of context.

I agree the mods do a great job but GG shouldn't be treated any differently because of his reputation.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25288
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Davie on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:26 am

roddersm wrote:I agree the mods do a great job but GG shouldn't be treated any differently because of his reputation.

GG isn't treated any differently

Davie

Posts : 7694
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 58
Location : Berkshire

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by TheGreyGhost on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

I've never posted an "England Barbarians" taunt without being provoked by a "South Sea Island" or "World Cup Chokers" barb being directed.

It seems it is deemed acceptable for northern posters to WUM at the antipodes but not vice-versa.

Frankly, if your national team name the number of obvious mercenaries in their extended squad you can expect a bit of incoming ribbing. The Waldrom debacle beggars belief, a number of proud English supporters posted in 606 that he should never be considered for selection by England, and yet the non English community is expected to sit like puppies and only comment on the virtues of players on their rugby merit and not mention that (a) the emperor is naked or (b) there is an elephant in the room.

The people of Syria and Libya are dying in their streets to defend their freedom of expression and human rights, and we're deleting posts that say "6 Kiwis and an Englishman walk into a bar" because someone had their sensibilities injured? I'm sorry, but that's just not racism.

It's pathetic in my mind and a slur on the fine bastion of free speech that was 606 that you can purport to continue the name and yet so flagrantly pander to the (largely deluded in my opinion) voice of the mass and use frankly fascist censorship to exclude the opinion of the minority.

Without heated debate and tolerance of varying view points, any forum will dissolve into a mass of pointless mutual congratulatory irrelevance.

And I apologise for the pox-riddled donkey post.


Last edited by TheGreyGhost on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

TheGreyGhost

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by mckay1402 on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:29 am

could you delete that please?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Posts : 2512
Join date : 2011-04-27
Age : 42
Location : Market Harborough

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

TheGG - your posts raise a valid point about the current English squad selection etc but I think what other posters might be taking issue with is perhaps the frequency you talk about it, and often it is brought up on threads where it isn't seen as being quite relevent. There is always a time and place for everything, and I would hope all posters on here would continue to respect that. In future I would ask that if you have any issues with the moderation of your posts that you contact any of us via PM. Hope that's okay. Thank you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Breadvan on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

No doubt GG is knowledgable poster, probably forgotten more than I know about rugby, but its the same subject every time! Change the tune you mad kiwi censored Thats why the moderators delete your posts mate...



clap To the mods and admin for doing such a great job on a great site.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Posts : 2789
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by red_stag on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:35 am

GG - agree entirely but variety is the spice of life and that. Heated banter and debate is 100% necessary but when that becomes the staple there is a problem. Thats what happened on 606 and any admin team worth its salt won't allow it happen here.
red_stag
red_stag

Posts : 15653
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Limerick, Ireland

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Adam D on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:36 am

The problem with a lot of posters is that they can not read.

Case in point:

we're deleting posts that say "6 Kiwis and an Englishman walk into a bar" because someone had their sensibilities injured? I'm sorry, but that's just not racism.

Did you actually read my comment?

Speaking for myself, the only post I have removed was a thread that you made yesterday - the joke about the England selection. I personally had no problem with the joke itself, however, the thread continued into casual racism territory. A few people were involved, so the decision was made to remove it completely

As stated, the joke did not break any rules, nor was the thread removed because of it.

We have put together a series of rules for you all to read and comply with. However, the admin team's judgment is final. It is not open for debate on these boards, and any open criticism of the moderation or admin team will be frowned upon.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 46
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by RubyGuby on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:41 am

I only wish GG was a Henson fan - I'd have a field day just sitting back and wayching the posts fly in Very Happy

RubyGuby

Posts : 7404
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by robbo277 on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:41 am

GreyGhost

Did you not read what Hobo said? The thread was pulled because of what it descended into, not the original post. It got the reaction it probably wanted, which wasn't a good one.

There's a fine line between heated debate and what you do. Yes, there are a large number of foreign-born playres in the England training squad, and yes that is a good point for debate. But asking if they are going to compete under the St George's cross or the flag of the United Nations isn't a helpful comment, adds nothing to the debate and is just asked to inflame and annoy.

If someone is provoking you with 'a "South Sea Island Poaching" or "World Cup Chokers" barb' then rise above it. Either try and debate the point or just ignore it. If you feel you are being unfairly victimised, report it each and every time you are provoked with one of these barbs, show the mods and admins that it isn't just you. But don't meet like-with-like and contribute in this apparent ongoing flame war.

robbo277

Posts : 4874
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by TheGreyGhost on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:44 am

rugbydreamer wrote:I think what other posters might be taking issue with is perhaps the frequency you talk about it, and often it is brought up on threads where it isn't seen as being quite relevent.

Which is exactly why I built a topic for mindless and slightly biased sniping at England's team selection. But unfortunately it was deleted.

The whole rugby world is viewing the membership of the extended squad with raised eyebrows. Globalisation and player mobility are probably the largest issues facing the sport at the moment. It's very important to discuss these things, and not pretend it's all racist and stick our fingers in our ears.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_6997345,00.html was met with

>> "does this sound like a man that will represent England with all his heart?"
>> "I wish countries would stick to picking their indigenous players but these are the rules"
>> "Can somebody correct me on this...Hasnt Waldrom already played for the NZ 'A', thus ruling him out from ever representing another country???"
>> "Actually I want to scrap that opinion about Englnad being the real poachers because ultimately it comes down to the players choice,"
>> "wow now theres a new accusation 'NZ stealing players from the Islands'. I think you will find..."

Even the mainstream pundits, here, the man who writes for the Herald whilst pretending to be Richard "Pokai" Loe points out 12 complete senior teams are absent from NZ (although he doesn't quite go as far as doing the analysis on which positions are most migratory):

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/best-of-sport-analysis/news/article.cfm?c_id=1502180&objectid=10733178

I tell you we can't keep "being offended" by this debate or playing the race card, or navel gazing on the conveniently transfigurable metaphysics of nationhood.


Last edited by TheGreyGhost on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total

TheGreyGhost

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Portnoy on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:... a number of proud English supporters posted in 606 that he should never be considered for selection by England ...

You can add me in on that count, GG.

It is extraordinarily difficult to express a view about another Nation without being accused of some xenophobic intent.

Posters don't get upset over nothing.

If you make a mistake and you recognise it, then retract and/or apologise.

If you feel you are right, re-phrase your comment carefully and level-headedly.

And don't ever quote without hard evidence (especially on contentious issues).

It's how people get along.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Posts : 4396
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 69
Location : Felixstowe, Tigers, England

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Mickado on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:48 am

I've never read anything GG has said other than something to do with the English team being made up of mercenaries. I just avoid the guy.

Mickado

Posts : 7282
Join date : 2011-04-06
Age : 34
Location : Baile Átha Cliath

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by RubyGuby on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:49 am

"asking if they are going to compete under the St George's cross or the flag of the United Nations isn't a helpful comment,"

It might not be a helpful comment but I find it hilarious and exactly the thing I'd expect from a bunch of rugby guys having a debate. Many english fans I know share the same dissillusionment on this topic and I find the above comments have a sense of humour in dealing what for me is a very serious subject - the devaluing of international rugby! - it's becoming a farce with foreigners filling teams.

RubyGuby

Posts : 7404
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by greybeard on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

RubyGuby wrote:It might not be a helpful comment but I find it hilarious and exactly the thing I'd expect from a bunch of rugby guys having a debate.

Only the first time


greybeard

Posts : 2078
Join date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by robbo277 on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:55 am

GreyGhost

This is what everyone is talking about. When you are defending the points you've made you show that you are both knowledgable and insightful. But mindless and slightly biased sniping doesn't help anyone and is always going to escalate.

There is an issure to be debated, but you haven't been debating this issue you have been, as you say, mindlessly sniping, which is probably why your posts have been deleted.

An occasional joke is good, especially if witty, and your joke on the pulled thread actually brought a wry smile to my face. But repeating the same lines (English Barbarians, United Nations of Rugby, etc) gets tiresome and is only done to annoy.

robbo277

Posts : 4874
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:55 am

I'm all for there being a good debate on this subject matter The GG,I think the issue might have been the opening post you started with to discuss the matter. Hope that makes sense.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by mckay1402 on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:58 am

I can't see what all the fuss is about. You're telling Greyghost to rise above it and then complaining about his posts. Kinda makes you hypocrites. If you don't like his posts don't read them or prove him wrong...which you can't because he's right.

mckay1402
mckay1402

Posts : 2512
Join date : 2011-04-27
Age : 42
Location : Market Harborough

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make? Empty Re: Why Are You Deleting Every Single Post I Make?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum