When is a forum over modded

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:24 pm

I refer to this thread

http://www.606v2.com/t7624-why-are-you-deleting-every-single-post-i-make

And I ask the question

Is this evidence of autocratic leadership by the mods?

Forums with constant input by mod and admin teams inevitably become a bias place, where only arguments in-line with their opinions are tolerated the irony being that the very posters who are over modded are the ones who make the forum and give it its importance.

There is a line.

Posters, Threads, Comments etc
-----Line of Rule-------
Mods

That line should remain clear, and should ONLY be crossed by the Mods when the rules are broken. Not when someone says something that you done like.

Think about it.
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by caoimhincentre on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:26 pm

here we go again. was this not already put to bed today

caoimhincentre

Posts : 556
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Thomond on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 pm

All I will say is FFS 🤦

Thomond
V2 Editor
V2 Editor

Posts : 10663
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : The People's Republic of Cork

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by HammerofThunor on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:28 pm

If you don't like what they do they speak to them.

If they ignore you go somewhere else, there are plenty out there.

It's not one of our god given rights to have a forum to say what we want. If you want that set up you own.

Clarification: "you" is non-specific.

HammerofThunor

Posts : 10471
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Hull, England - Originally Potteries

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Adam D on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:28 pm

DingBatMan wrote:I refer to this thread

http://www.606v2.com/t7624-why-are-you-deleting-every-single-post-i-make

And I ask the question

Is this evidence of autocratic leadership by the mods?

Forums with constant input by mod and admin teams inevitably become a bias place, where only arguments in-line with their opinions are tolerated the irony being that the very posters who are over modded are the ones who make the forum and give it its importance.

There is a line.

Posters, Threads, Comments etc
-----Line of Rule-------
Mods

That line should remain clear, and should ONLY be crossed by the Mods when the rules are broken. Not when someone says something that you done like.

Think about it.

Congratulations on posting the most stupid, ill conceived thread of the day.

This has already been discussed, the views from the people who run this forum have been laid out and you decide to try and cause more friction.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 46
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by MR. scotland27 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 pm

I dont think the forum is over modded at all it is just a place where every has respect for each other, but this seems to be changing a bit recently........



Last edited by MR. scotland27 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Posts : 958
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by snoopster on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 pm

For me the mods are doing a good job - they seem happy to let the conversation flow and a bit of banter but are stamping down on deliberate attempts to troll as GG was doing to get his posts in the England traing squad thread deleted.
There is a danger to over-modding but there is also a real danger in under modding as serious threads with serious conversation are reduced to childish rows... and the mods are doing a good job of walking the line between the two.

snoopster

Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 pm

I assume were all adults? that argument for going some where else also applies to not commenting on threads that you dont like.
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by BATH_BTGOG on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Get rid of him, his a old 606 wum and this place would be better off without him.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Posts : 875
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Somerset

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by MR. scotland27 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:31 pm

DingBatMan wrote:I assume were all adults? that argument for going some where else also applies to not commenting on threads that you dont like.

I'm 16...................
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Posts : 958
Join date : 2011-03-20
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Oh come now Hobo, this is a good forum, but the topic is locked now and thats due to you wishing to not hear more about it. what does that say really? you have said your piece and thats it? shut up everyone? Ill conceived indeed.
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by greybeard on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:35 pm

No one ever said this was a democracy


greybeard

Posts : 2078
Join date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:36 pm

snoopster wrote:For me the mods are doing a good job - they seem happy to let the conversation flow and a bit of banter but are stamping down on deliberate attempts to troll as GG was doing to get his posts in the England traing squad thread deleted.
There is a danger to over-modding but there is also a real danger in under modding as serious threads with serious conversation are reduced to childish rows... and the mods are doing a good job of walking the line between the two.

Good point.

For me tho, GG was always flirting with the line on 606 but rarely crossed it. Sure its a WUM but its down to his peers to show him the light. As a user here i expect that i dont need to be told whats good for me and bad for me to read.

Of course if its crossing the line and being really bad then delete it but were his posts that bad?
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Biltong on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:38 pm

Flogging a dead horse comes to mind.
Biltong
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:40 pm

i think this is a ridiclous thread, the mods do a very good job.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by maestegmafia on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:41 pm

I think this forum is far better moderated than the BBC ever was.

Moderation also appears to be up for discussion, which is excellent. The level of trolling on 606v2 is next to non exisistant.

There is always the thought that if you dont have anything nice to say, why say it at all.

This site and it's moderation reflects the rugby mentality. Good banter, the odd bit of teasing but in general I have yet to come across as much spite as was common on the BBCs 606.

maestegmafia
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 22182
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Enforcer on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:47 pm

greybeard wrote:No one ever said this was a democracy

We try, but you are correct that has never been claimed. If there are issues regarding moderation they should be sent via pm, not by posting articles.

This site was set up to allow friendships made on 606 to continue and was opened to others as a lot of people were in the same boat.

We will take criticism, if made via the correct channels, and where necessary make improvements...but if after that you still don't like it try going to Google and searching for 'Sports Forum'. You'll find plenty of them.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Posts : 3588
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 34
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by greybeard on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:49 pm

DingBatMan wrote:Of course if its crossing the line and being really bad then delete it but were his posts that bad?

It's possible to be anti-social without breaking any rules on any one particular post, however. And when this happens it's the volume of posts that, while not offensive in and of themselves, indicate an antagonistic attitude rather than someone willing to join a forum for positive reasons.

greybeard

Posts : 2078
Join date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:55 pm

greybeard wrote:
DingBatMan wrote:Of course if its crossing the line and being really bad then delete it but were his posts that bad?

It's possible to be anti-social without breaking any rules on any one particular post, however. And when this happens it's the volume of posts that, while not offensive in and of themselves, indicate an antagonistic attitude rather than someone willing to join a forum for positive reasons.

And what prey tell are positive reasons? is it to always smile and agree? and always say nice things about everything?

GG tho a poster i never liked on the original site, was simply giving his opinion on the situation with so many foreign born player in the England squad.
A quite legitimate subject that is unless its against the particular allegiances of management. Then it breaks the rules with out actually breaking any rules.

🤦
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Pr4wn on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:59 am

I think what needs to be remembered is that we're all human and we're doing our best to make this site a pleasurable and stimulating experience for everyone.

But think to yourself, honestly, is posting an article of this nature going to further your cause at all? I doubt it. The key to this forum working is that everyone gets on and there is as little friction as possible. All this article serves to do is further antagonise everyone!

It all comes down to the golden rule: "Treat others as you would wish to be treated."

If you were a mod, would you want someone posting an article heavily criticising your work? Or would you prefer them contacting you directly in a more low-key and co-operative manner?

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4945
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:10 am

the mods do a great job

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by dummy_half on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 am

To be honest, given the farce that 606 descended into (especially the cricket board), I'd rather the moderators here err on the side of being slightly heavy handed, at least for a 'bedding in' period, but some of the problem is that there is a history between posters that has carried over from 606 that may not be apparent unless the moderator was a regular contributor to a particular board on 606

So far they are doing a very good job of keeping debate moving, and it isn't their fault if certain contributors want to start the same argument on every thread they contribute to (this does not apply only to Grey Ghost) - so far they've done well just by using pm's to keep some on (at least near) the straight and narrow.

dummy_half

Posts : 4964
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 47
Location : East Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Pr4wn on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:16 am

I think you can all understand our philosophy that everybody has a clean slate when they switch to 606v2. No history or memories were kept by mods and everybody got a second chance.

If posters then continued to stifle real sports debate by bringing up irrelevant and tired arguments then they suffer the consequences, regardless of whether they were doing so on the old 606.

We are all here to debate and discuss sport. If people wish to try to lower the debate into petty arguments then I feel it is for the good of everyone that they are dealt with appropriately. We have given some people lots of slack in the interest of keeping the debate moving.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4945
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:35 am

Pr4wn wrote:I think what needs to be remembered is that we're all human and we're doing our best to make this site a pleasurable and stimulating experience for everyone.

But think to yourself, honestly, is posting an article of this nature going to further your cause at all? I doubt it. The key to this forum working is that everyone gets on and there is as little friction as possible. All this article serves to do is further antagonise everyone!

It all comes down to the golden rule: "Treat others as you would wish to be treated."

If you were a mod, would you want someone posting an article heavily criticising your work? Or would you prefer them contacting you directly in a more low-key and co-operative manner?

Pr4wn wrote: I think you can all understand our philosophy that everybody has a clean slate when they switch to 606v2. No history or memories were kept by mods and everybody got a second chance.

If posters then continued to stifle real sports debate by bringing up irrelevant and tired arguments then they suffer the consequences, regardless of whether they were doing so on the old 606.

We are all here to debate and discuss sport. If people wish to try to lower the debate into petty arguments then I feel it is for the good of everyone that they are dealt with appropriately. We have given some people lots of slack in the interest of keeping the debate moving

The first comment only serves to pour petrol on the fire however I do get your point despite the poor delivery.

My point which seems conveniently forgotten, ignored or simply lost in the babel is that MODS have a role and that role should be apart from posters. not to intermingle and gasp at the very posters you all begged to come and join your club in the closing days of the original 606.
The Original 606 i will remind you gave rise to this place and don't forget it while bounding around on your high horse Sir! This site is not exactly the product of ground breaking and original thinking now is it.

There is a caveat here for you to take in to account. That is, a forum is nothing without the members who populate it. And i for one am not given to thanking anyone who baby's me with an attitude of - its our clubhouse and we will kindly ask you to behave like a good 5 year old or you will be reprimanded -



DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Enforcer on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:40 am

1. There is nothing wrong with the wording in Pr4wns post.
2. We don't do this for thanks, even though it is appreciated!
3. It is our clubhouse, they are our rules and if you don't like it you know where the door is.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Posts : 3588
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 34
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Pr4wn on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:43 am

DingBatMan wrote: The first comment only serves to pour petrol on the fire however I do get your point despite the poor delivery.

My point which seems conveniently forgotten, ignored or simply lost in the babel is that MODS have a role and that role should be apart from posters. not to intermingle and gasp at the very posters you all begged to come and join your club in the closing days of the original 606.
The Original 606 i will remind you gave rise to this place and don't forget it while bounding around on your high horse Sir! This site is not exactly the product of ground breaking and original thinking now is it.

There is a caveat here for you to take in to account. That is, a forum is nothing without the members who populate it. And i for one am not given to thanking anyone who baby's me with an attitude of - its our clubhouse and we will kindly ask you to behave like a good 5 year old or you will be reprimanded -




Where in any of that did I devalue the role that members play in the success of this site?

The admins and mods are well aware of the value of each and every member here. That is why we try to encourage as much debate as we can. You'll note that the majority of members of this site prefer actual sports debate to petty arguments and bickering (not that I'm accusing you of this, but we all know it goes on).

We're not on high horses, we don't think that we're amazing and we certainly don't think that we're any better than you or any other member on this site. All we try to do is encourage sensible and civilised debate and we give up an awful lot of our time to do so.

Mods and Admins are also perfectly within their rights to debate sports and other topics just as every other member is.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4945
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Enforcer on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 am

I am amazing though, don't let Pr4wn tell you otherwise!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Posts : 3588
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 34
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Adam D on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:46 am

Dingbat - do you enjoy posting on this forum?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 46
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:50 am

Pr4wn wrote:
Where in any of that did I devalue the role that members play in the success of this site?

The admins and mods are well aware of the value of each and every member here. That is why we try to encourage as much debate as we can. You'll note that the majority of members of this site prefer actual sports debate to petty arguments and bickering (not that I'm accusing you of this, but we all know it goes on).

We're not on high horses, we don't think that we're amazing and we certainly don't think that we're any better than you or any other member on this site. All we try to do is encourage sensible and civilised debate and we give up an awful lot of our time to do so.

Mods and Admins are also perfectly within their rights to debate sports and other topics just as every other member is.

Indeed fair point Pr4wn i won't argue at all with that. My point still stands that MODS should be apart tho. its the nature of the thing. A post by a MOD/ADMIN in the middle a debate serves only to disrupt that very debate and the very debates that help the site grow.


DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 am

This is a perfect example and fully proves my point without question.

Enforcer wrote:1. There is nothing wrong with the wording in Pr4wns post.
2. We don't do this for thanks, even though it is appreciated!
3. It is our clubhouse, they are our rules and if you don't like it you know where the door is.
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 am

there's nothing wrong with an mod/admin posting in a debate, they are members just like any of us as well

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:52 am

Hobo wrote:Dingbat - do you enjoy posting on this forum?

And again point proved.
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Adam D on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 am

SO let me get this straight, you want people to give up their time, unpaid, to make this a little more fun for you but are not allowed to join in?

Dingbat - I strongly suggest that you stop this debate now. You are bieng hostile towards a admin with your last post.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-25
Age : 46
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 am

this is a ridiclous thread, the admin and mods do a great job, and when they post, its because they are members and it is great they post, why should they give up their time and not be able to post

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Enforcer on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 am

Why are you still here then? I don't spend hours a day trying to make things perfect for you, I do it for the majrity of the users who understand the rules and post within them.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Posts : 3588
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 34
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Pr4wn on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:57 am

If the post is consistent with the debate then it serves only to further the discussion. We are all entitled to discuss sport and other topics here, including mods and admins.

If the post is not consistent with the debate then there must be something wrong with the discussion.

Don't get me wrong, all mods and admins are subject to scrutiny from one-another. If I, or any of the other "officials" from this site were to step out of line then we would be put in our place just like anyone else.

This seems to be a fultile argument as, according to the site rules, mosd and admins can take part in whatever discussions they like. You have gone from saying that we all sit on high horses and treat everyone like 5-year-olds to now saying that we should not take part in discussion.

And you say we over-moderate.... What exactly is the point you are trying to make? Or are you just trying to rile people?

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4945
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:59 am

clearly trying to wind people up, dont give the satisfaction of replying

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 am

Separate identities would seem to be the only course for the MODS. of course they MODS as people should be involved. But with the moderator image on the right side of the screen, it severs another purpose. perhaps im not making myself clear enough.

Hobo.

Dont make threats sweetheart. They can back fire badly. Im making legitimate comment, and the post is in the legitimate area. Im not advocating the over throw of a government here. so relax.

As i said to Pr4wn, when he/she made a good point. "Fair Point"

So try a good point not a feeble threat
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:03 am

DingBatMan wrote:
Hobo wrote:Dingbat - do you enjoy posting on this forum?

And again point proved.

I'm confused how quoting someone else and not elaborating on how the quote proves your point, actually proves your point? I tell you - You wouldn't get a mark in a exam for that.

When is a forum over-modded?

When personal agendas begin to creep in which have a negative effect on the forum users' respect for said moderators.

However I have the upmost respect for the creators, admins and moderators of this forum. And the only personal agenda i have found from any of them, is an agenda to create a place to cultivate good natured, interesting debate in the absence of 606. A personal agenda that only increases my respect for the creators, admins and moderators of this forum.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Posts : 12543
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : MtotheC's Leash

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:03 am

dingbat i would stop these sarcastic comments if i were u, they wont get u anywhere

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Crimey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:03 am

I don't understand why a mod or an admin posting in a thread would make any difference to how you debate? Are you saying that it means nobody can break the rules? It shouldn't make any difference at all, we see the threads anyway, what difference does it make if we contribute to the debate?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16397
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 25
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 am

Pr4wn wrote:If the post is consistent with the debate then it serves only to further the discussion. We are all entitled to discuss sport and other topics here, including mods and admins.

If the post is not consistent with the debate then there must be something wrong with the discussion.

Don't get me wrong, all mods and admins are subject to scrutiny from one-another. If I, or any of the other "officials" from this site were to step out of line then we would be put in our place just like anyone else.

This seems to be a fultile argument as, according to the site rules, mosd and admins can take part in whatever discussions they like. You have gone from saying that we all sit on high horses and treat everyone like 5-year-olds to now saying that we should not take part in discussion.

And you say we over-moderate.... What exactly is the point you are trying to make? Or are you just trying to rile people?

Fair enough, so the point is, if a poster makes comment that starts an argument, when is that argument against the rules?
When it descends in to gutter talk? Name calling? and the really bad stuff?
I can understand that yes. Delete it. TWICE

How ever if its an article and lots of people dont agree but argue like adults is is anti social? and thus get deleted?
I cant agree with that.

Thats real life right there.
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:09 am

dingbat-

just leave it now

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Enforcer on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:11 am

DingBatMan wrote:Separate identities would seem to be the only course for the MODS. of course they MODS as people should be involved. But with the moderator image on the right side of the screen, it severs another purpose. perhaps im not making myself clear enough.

Obviously it isn't the only course, as the current course is fine for the majority of members

DingBatMan wrote:Hobo.

Dont make threats sweetheart. They can back fire badly. Im making legitimate comment, and the post is in the legitimate area. Im not advocating the over throw of a government here. so relax.

As i said to Pr4wn, when he/she made a good point. "Fair Point"

So try a good point not a feeble threat

Whether you like it or not, the Admin and Mods are 'in charge'. If you spoke to a pub landlord like you just spoke to Hobo you would be asked to leave, bear that in mind going forward.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Posts : 3588
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 34
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Pr4wn on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 am

Ok and can you provide some evidence of where this has occured?

As I said earlier, we do our best and give up a lot of our free time in doing so. We are not here to make this a better experience for you, we're here to make it better for everyone as a whole.

All you seem to be doing is picking a fight, which is a tad sad if you ask me. Most posters agree that we try very hard to keep things going here adn that we do a fine job.

Just look back through your posts in this argument. You have changed your main argument so many times. It's clear to me and others that you're merely antagonising us on purpose and I won't play any part in it.

Just take my assurances that we're trying our very best to keep things moving along smoothly.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4945
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:16 am

pr4wn i think all the mods and admin do a great job mate.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:23 am

Enforcer wrote:
DingBatMan wrote:Separate identities would seem to be the only course for the MODS. of course they MODS as people should be involved. But with the moderator image on the right side of the screen, it severs another purpose. perhaps im not making myself clear enough.

Obviously it isn't the only course, as the current course is fine for the majority of members

DingBatMan wrote:Hobo.

Dont make threats sweetheart. They can back fire badly. Im making legitimate comment, and the post is in the legitimate area. Im not advocating the over throw of a government here. so relax.

As i said to Pr4wn, when he/she made a good point. "Fair Point"

So try a good point not a feeble threat

Whether you like it or not, the Admin and Mods are 'in charge'. If you spoke to a pub landlord like you just spoke to Hobo you would be asked to leave, bear that in mind going forward.

Yes quite correct.

And if i threatened a member of the forum i would expect to be MODDED or Account cancelled etc etc

So do MODS get reprimanded if they threaten a forum member?
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by ADMIN on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:25 am

Thank you for your points DIngbatman and I hopefully will address them here:

I created the site initially, I did so on the evening of when the BBC announced the cuts in services and as a result the 606 would cease to exist. I was a frequent user of 606 for many, many years and over that time made what I consider a large number of friends, however anonymous they are due to the internet, usernames etc I still feel that I could call them friends as we’ve probably discussed more topics and chatted longer than I have with many real life friends.
It was due to this I decided to create the site. I wanted to stay in touch, I wanted to continue these friendships and not have them suddenly cut out of my life. Immediately a number of them joined, but it wasn’t just within my immediate circle that joined, golfers signed up, I’d not advertised it to them but suddenly here they were and asking for a golf section, saying they too wanted to remain in touch with their friends, that they were in the same predicament that I was in. It’s wasn’t just our group, for each sport it emerged there too were communities so at that point the decision was made to invite them as well onboard, let them remain in the circles they’d created.
An admin team was created of the guys that originally had assisted me in the creation of the site but soon other joined as admin and moderators, several of which I’d never spoken to prior to the site creation.

Anyway that’s enough of the history of the site and back more to the discussion over ‘should mods post on the board in a non mod role’.
I can see both sides to the argument and can see your point on this. Where I would disagree with you though is that I don’t want this them v us culture here, that by posting as a regular Joe so to speak on the board it hopefully removes that it shows we’re more approachable and we are at the end of the day wanting to chat about said sports or whatever the topic matter is. I don’t feel that when I enter a discussion that’s underway that it then stifles the debate, that suddenly people should feel on edge because there’s an elephant in the room and it’s not something that I feel has happened.


ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Posts : 13808
Join date : 2011-01-25

http://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by DingBatMan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:26 am

Pr4wn wrote:Ok and can you provide some evidence of where this has occured?

As I said earlier, we do our best and give up a lot of our free time in doing so. We are not here to make this a better experience for you, we're here to make it better for everyone as a whole.

All you seem to be doing is picking a fight, which is a tad sad if you ask me. Most posters agree that we try very hard to keep things going here adn that we do a fine job.

Just look back through your posts in this argument. You have changed your main argument so many times. It's clear to me and others that you're merely antagonising us on purpose and I won't play any part in it.

Just take my assurances that we're trying our very best to keep things moving along smoothly.

Genuinely i concur with all you say, and this debate has risen out of the comments by GreyGhost and the following thread where he asked why his comments were deleted.

My simple question is if there is a rule for the forum members then why did it change for GG? and as i said, i never liked his attitude on the old site but he was still within the rules and thus not subject to modding. Just because his comments caused an argument.
DingBatMan
DingBatMan

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Leinster - Ireland

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Enforcer on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:26 am

Please report any posts where a user has been threatened and we will look into it.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Posts : 3588
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 34
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

When is a forum over modded Empty Re: When is a forum over modded

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum