The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOO CONTROVERSIAL FOR 606! - Was Andy Gray shafted by Rupert Murdoch?

3 posters

Go down

TOO CONTROVERSIAL FOR 606! - Was Andy Gray shafted by Rupert Murdoch? Empty TOO CONTROVERSIAL FOR 606! - Was Andy Gray shafted by Rupert Murdoch?

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 pm

This comment was very quickly removed from BBC's 606. Hopefully I am free to make it here.

But, do you think that what Andy Gray was caught saying, not just on Saturday about Sian Massey, but to Charlotte Jackson too, really constituted a sackable offence? Let's face it, Andy Gray has been the face of Sky Sports' football coverage since its inception, and is a well-reknowned, quality commentator.

Would they really send him packing for two minor indiscretions that could easily be passed off as harmless banter - especially as Charlotte Jackson clearly took no offence, or made no complaints about the previous incident?

Or... could it be that Andy Gray's lawsuit against the Murdoch empire owned News of the World for phone tapping, had the corollary effect of the Murdoch empire owned Sky Sports a) allowing the comments made in an advertisment break to be broadcast. b) preventing Andy Gray from officially apologising to Sian Massey c) overseeing the over-the-top prolification of articles in Murdoch empire owned newspapers smearing Andy Gray as a sexist and finally d) firing him?

I think this is not the perfect example of old world footballer's attitudes the Sun would have us believe (seemingly not noticing, or not caring, about the irony of condemning Gray's old-fashioned sexist attitude on Page 1, and showing a woman with her tits out on Page 3). More an example of what happens when you let an Australian megalomaniac control your nation's media.

Thoughts?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

TOO CONTROVERSIAL FOR 606! - Was Andy Gray shafted by Rupert Murdoch? Empty Re: TOO CONTROVERSIAL FOR 606! - Was Andy Gray shafted by Rupert Murdoch?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Firstly, i couldn't stand Andy Gray, he was an over opinionated, biased prick.

What he said was out of order, at the end of the day he is a presenter, a role model and an ambassador for the sport. In an age where Racism and Sexism are actively battled within sport you can't make those sort of comments, regardless of whether they were in jest or not. He's probably annoyed a few people in the bulding and this is what he got for his trouble. If Murdoch needed a reason, then Gray gave him it. His own fault really.

What i will say is that if Andy Gray gets sacked for this then how on gods green earth are those bitter trolls on Loose Women still presenting!?

Back to top Go down

TOO CONTROVERSIAL FOR 606! - Was Andy Gray shafted by Rupert Murdoch? Empty Re: TOO CONTROVERSIAL FOR 606! - Was Andy Gray shafted by Rupert Murdoch?

Post by Perfect Jack Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:41 pm

"King Beer" What i will say is that if Andy Gray gets sacked for this then how on gods green earth are those bitter trolls on Loose Women still presenting!?

Maybe because there's a small number of people who watch Loose Women and that football on Sky Sports has such a figure of viewers that anything controversial big or small will be looked at even further?

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

TOO CONTROVERSIAL FOR 606! - Was Andy Gray shafted by Rupert Murdoch? Empty why are u watching crap like Loose Women in the first placejavascript:emoticonp(':?:')

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Perfect Jack wrote:
"King Beer" What i will say is that if Andy Gray gets sacked for this then how on gods green earth are those bitter trolls on Loose Women still presenting!?

Maybe because there's a small number of people who watch Loose Women and that football on Sky Sports has such a figure of viewers that anything controversial big or small will be looked at even further?
:?: :?:

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:24 pm

I think it is a case of double standards, with the Murdochs, they did not like what Gray said as it was sexist (he is suing the News of the World for phone hacking), but very happy to publish page girls in the Sun, now to me if they where trying to move away from sexism, first thing would be to remove page models from the Sun, and then discipline Gray.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Should be pag3 girls in the Sun Newspaper

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down