Cena slams the Rock down under...

Go down

Cena slams the Rock down under... Empty Cena slams the Rock down under...

Post by sodhat on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:20 am

In the spirit of the moment, John Cena took the mic at a house show down under in Australia, and had some words for The Rock.

"The Rock didn't want to come over to Australia. The Rock is back in the United States of America enjoying a prolific career as an actor.

"I don't give a damn about how much money he's got and I don't give a damn if he's up in his mansion relaxing waiting for his next lead role.

"I give a damn that he had the balls to stand in the middle of this ring and say that he was back and that he was never leaving again.

"Yet here I am and we all wonder where is the so-called People's Champion? Where is the so-called captain of Team Bring It?

"And if he is the captain of Team Bring It, what are they bringing? A doctor's note that says he can't fly all the way to Australia and entertain the WWE Universe?

"I don't care if I have to play GI Joe, Fast Five, Fast Six, Godzilla, King Kong and Julius Caesar all rolled into one, I want to be in the middle of this ring defending this championship in front of all of you because I am not an actor.

"I am a professional wrestler and that is what I do because of crowds like you.

"So if you five want to cheer for an actor to get back in the ring, you take your cheers and your T-shirts with the bull, fold them up real nice, put them in your dresser and wait for April 1 because that's the only time the People's Champ will say that he loves all of you."

The Rock sure is taking a lot of flak at the moment -- I wonder if he expected quite so much? I see alot of fans in the IWC criticising him and turning against the main event at Mania, flames fanned by CM Punk's promo no doubt.

I wonder how much of what Cena says is true and what he actually thinks of Rock? He's a company man so he may just be selling...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Cena slams the Rock down under... Empty Re: Cena slams the Rock down under...

Post by liverbnz on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 10:34 am

Seems like Vince and his power-driven ego is putting Cena (and Punk) up to this and showing The Rock who's boss. If I were Brock Lesnar, I'd be taking note and making sure I'm never tempted by a return to McMahonland.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 12:21 pm

I wonder if Vince's changed his mind on not wanting people to use the word 'wrestler' in the company....?

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 12:26 pm

This is the WWE's last visit to Oz before WrestleMania and since they didn't do their usual PPV sales for this years Mania over there they are just selling the Main Event to boost next years buy-rate, remember, what isn't shown on TV doesn't happen!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 2:54 pm

Possibly a hint that Cena may become heel for this feud?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 4:57 pm

Nice one Cena. Don't think its a hint that he'll be heel for the feud though invincibleILeak. If he was a heal it would make it obvious that the rock would win which would take the heat out of it a bit. Both are great on the mic and this feud needs both of them playing face and taking digs at eachother in the build up to Mania.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

The thing is, I just can't see Cena getting any kind of face reaction against The Rock. Especially as 'Mania is being held in the place The Rock is billed from. Surely the feud would benefit from Cena going into heel mode for this feud rather than just failing to get a good reaction? I'd like to see Cena play the bitter current 'main man' of the company who is jealous of The Rock coming back and stealing his spot on the show.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:59 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:The thing is, I just can't see Cena getting any kind of face reaction against The Rock. Especially as 'Mania is being held in the place The Rock is billed from. Surely the feud would benefit from Cena going into heel mode for this feud rather than just failing to get a good reaction? I'd like to see Cena play the bitter current 'main man' of the company who is jealous of The Rock coming back and stealing his spot on the show.

that could certainly work but Cena was face when he fould RVD at 1 Night Stand and got booed.
He's going into Chicago against Punk under the current circumstances as a face.

If he stays face then the match could go either way without the result being too obvious beforehand. But then again John as a heel would still work, plus he wouldn't be short of reasons to turn.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:00 pm

Nah, if Cena turns heel he should only do it at the end of the match in a shocking moment, this has to be played out as to ultimate good guys so a turn can be teased even if they don't do it, I wouldn't be so convinced that the crowd will be just pro Rock

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:52 pm

I'm not overly sure on this, but don't they say that the Wrestlemania crowd is usually the old-school wrestling fans, or is that just WWE marketing bull? I remember 'Mania 22 when Triple H was the heel got a better reaction than Cena didn't he?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 10:03 pm

WrestleMania is usually an adult audiance due to the prices but a lot of people have grown up with Cena and will feel a sense of loyalty toward him, particularly when Rock will get a big pop

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum