The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your most memeorable Rugby League game.

3 posters

Go down

Your most memeorable Rugby League game. Empty Your most memeorable Rugby League game.

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:46 am

As already stated on another thread mine was the Austrlia v GB test match in Sydney in 2006, what was yours?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Your most memeorable Rugby League game. Empty Re: Your most memeorable Rugby League game.

Post by Pal Joey Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:32 am

Manly v Melbourne NRL GF 2008

I broke my leg on the morning of the 2007 GF - between the same teams - and had to watch the 34-8 slaughter from the RNSH recreation room...leg in a splint waiting for my operation. It was painful in more ways than one.

It was nice to go the ANZ almost a year later to the day and witness the 40-0 thrashing - after having followed Manly since 1970. All the tries were great but Beaver's one near the end was epic. Robertson's hat-trick and Brett Stewart's pass for Bell's final try were among the many highlights that day.

And to think the Storm were miles over the salary cap.... Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Your most memeorable Rugby League game. Empty Re: Your most memeorable Rugby League game.

Post by Luke Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:35 pm

Hull fc v Hull kr 1997 east yorkshire division of the old premiership trophey,
at boothferry park.

Hull had won both league games, walked the division and where the better team, Rovers was packed full of local players, Rovers won 24-22 with a last minute try off an up and under, and a touchline conversion. The walk back to town was an enjoyable one.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down