The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vettel dreams of Ferrari

3 posters

Go down

Vettel dreams of Ferrari Empty Vettel dreams of Ferrari

Post by Guest Tue 15 Feb 2011, 12:19 pm

Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel was quoted on Tuesday as saying that driving for Ferrari would be a dream come true.

The 23-year-old German took the title for Red Bull last year to become Formula One's youngest world champion - Vettel pipping Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso in the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, Vettel joked that he would offer Alonso a year's paid holiday so he could race his car.

"I'm happy at Red Bull but I dream of Ferrari," Vettel said. "I would pay a year's holiday to (Ferrari driver) Alonso to have the red car."

Vettel has often maintained it was every driver's wish to one day race for Ferrari but such comments might make uncomfortable reading for Red Bull.

His current contract runs until the end of 2012 - the same time the Ferrari deals of both Alonso and team-mate Felipe Massa are due to expire.

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12475_6754037,00.html

Back to top Go down

Vettel dreams of Ferrari Empty Re: Vettel dreams of Ferrari

Post by VintageStorm Tue 15 Feb 2011, 12:21 pm

World Champions can get away with such comments, but Christian Horner, Team Principal at Red Bull, won't be too impressed.

VintageStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevi555 Tue 15 Feb 2011, 11:40 pm

YI
Love the honesty factor in Sebastians account of his dreams to drive for Ferrari. That'll come to fruition one day I believe. That honesty is significant. A deserving current WDC. let the future play out. 5*****
Stevi555
Stevi555

Back to top Go down

Vettel dreams of Ferrari Empty Keep it REAL, Keep it FRIENDLY, Keep it FORMULA ONE STEVI 555

Post by Stevi555 Tue 15 Feb 2011, 11:45 pm

Y I Man wrote:Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel was quoted on Tuesday as saying that driving for Ferrari would be a dream come true.

The 23-year-old German took the title for Red Bull last year to become Formula One's youngest world champion - Vettel pipping Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso in the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, Vettel joked that he would offer Alonso a year's paid holiday so he could race his car.

"I'm happy at Red Bull but I dream of Ferrari," Vettel said. "I would pay a year's holiday to (Ferrari driver) Alonso to have the red car."

Vettel has often maintained it was every driver's wish to one day race for Ferrari but such comments might make uncomfortable reading for Red Bull.

His current contract runs until the end of 2012 - the same time the Ferrari deals of both Alonso and team-mate Felipe Massa are due to expire.

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12475_6754037,00.html
Stevi555
Stevi555

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Thu 17 Feb 2011, 10:50 pm

Ferrari is the legendary F1 team, and almost every driver dreams of driving for them.

Mark Webber finishing behind Alonso in the WDC last year proved that they need an excellent driver as well as the genius of Newey for success. Vettel is a brilliant driver, and Red Bull will do everything to keep him - he is a valuable asset to the team and a big threat if racing against RBR.

Horner: "Just before he retires he can go to Ferrari, and that could be another 10 years away."

Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down