The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wwe's wellness policy and views on steroids

+11
psycho-gooner
JoshSansom
Mr H
crippledtart
John Cena's Speech writer
longrangeeffort
Crimey
Kay Fabe
Fernando
Samo
DOYLE192
15 posters

Go down

wwe's wellness policy and views on steroids Empty wwe's wellness policy and views on steroids

Post by DOYLE192 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm

just read about sin cara being suspended for 30 days having failed a drigs test... the failure being he tested positive for anabolic steroids.

though what i dont get is, how on earth do guys such as big zeke and mason ryan pass these tests??? i mean maybe they dont do steroids? but i doubt mason ryan would have gotten as big without them?

also, what on earth was sin cara doing in the gym, because for someone on steroids the guy wasnt exactly what you would class as 'pumped'... surely he could have acheived his phisique ( may have spelt this wrong ) without the use of steroids?

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

wwe's wellness policy and views on steroids Empty Re: wwe's wellness policy and views on steroids

Post by Samo Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:07 pm

You'll find that alot of these big guys are genetically different. Take Lesnar for example. Hes Flip huge. And he made it to the top of everything he has attempted (apart from Football), and would he really have got there had he failed a drugs test? Even at high school level he was getting tested because he was a big guy.

Some guys are just really big guys. Unlike Steiner, thats definate steroid muscle.

Personally, im completely against these kinds of roids. Sure, they make them bigger, but at what cost? Too many lives have been lost because of drug and steroid abuse in wrestling.

Do we have a source showing Sin Cara was on anabolic steroids? He may have just been using another banned substance.

Samo

Back to top Go down

wwe's wellness policy and views on steroids Empty Re: wwe's wellness policy and views on steroids

Post by Fernando Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:11 pm

http://www.wrestlingattitude.com/headlines.php?subaction=showfull&id=1311047429&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:15 pm

Fair enough. Silly Bar Steward. He may well have blown it big time. They seemed to take a shining to him, putting over Sheamus and the like.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:19 pm

Anabolic is the rumour, he got caught in June which means he probably got tested in late may, he doesn't look like he takes them, my opinion is he might just have took them in the lead up and immediate aftermath to his debut to bulk up a bit

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:20 pm

this reminds me of hector garza he was in tna in 2005 and was arrested with steroids that were legal in Mexico but not the USA and was banned for USA.

being new to america im guessing that he's taken it thinking it's legal when its not.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by DOYLE192 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:28 pm

Samo wrote: He may well have blown it big time

big time is an understatement. maybe he'll survive due to him being personally picked by triple h?

by the-gaffer on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:19 pm
Anabolic is the rumour, he got caught in June which means he probably got tested in late may, he doesn't look like he takes them, my opinion is he might just have took them in the lead up and immediate aftermath to his debut to bulk up a bit

yer i suppose thoough it seems stupid because like you say he dont even look like hes on them, plus the whole point of sin cara has nothing to do with being a big guy, so why he thought he needed to bulk up ? plus if he did want to bulk up he must have botched that aswell because he aint big at all 🤦

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:46 pm

Look at the difference in Rey though from 10 years ago, he bulked up by about 50lbs since being in WWE

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:52 am

Samo wrote:Fair enough. Silly Bar Steward. He may well have blown it big time. They seemed to take a shining to him, putting over Sheamus and the like.

They had him going over Sheamus KNOWING he was going to be suspended after Money in the Bank, they knew he failed the drugs test in June which means even for the past month they have known, and have still been pushing him which suggests to me that they aren't going to just write him off, and he won't have blown it. They took the effort of writing him out in a different way as well rather than just having him go off screen which is what they'd do if he wasn't going to be brought back.

Quite a few people have failed tests but still been pushed later.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:18 am

You can get massive without steroids. It just requires a lot more work, a very good gym routine and a rigid diet with the correct supplements (not roids). Its tough and requires dedication but it is possible.

Had he definitely been caught taking the steriods deliberately then? I know some supplements and medicines contain steroids in tiny amounts. He seemed to be getting quite a push so its a bit silly on his part!

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:20 am

longrangeeffort wrote: He seemed to be getting quite a push so its a bit silly on his part!

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:They had him going over Sheamus KNOWING he was going to be suspended after Money in the Bank, they knew he failed the drugs test in June which means even for the past month they have known, and have still been pushing him which suggests to me that they aren't going to just write him off, and he won't have blown it. They took the effort of writing him out in a different way as well rather than just having him go off screen which is what they'd do if he wasn't going to be brought back.

Quite a few people have failed tests but still been pushed later.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

fernando wrote:this reminds me of hector garza he was in tna in 2005 and was arrested with steroids that were legal in Mexico but not the USA and was banned for USA.

being new to america im guessing that he's taken it thinking it's legal when its not.

I think this could be the reason - or at least the reason he gave - if it was roids. That might also explain why he was still getting his push.

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:45 pm

longrangeeffort wrote:You can get massive without steroids. It just requires a lot more work, a very good gym routine and a rigid diet with the correct supplements (not roids). Its tough and requires dedication but it is possible.

It's a lot more difficult when you are travelling every day, don't finish work until midnight, etc

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:45 pm

Im not being funny, but Cena is a huge guy, he carries some muscle mass. With all the travelling and promotional work he does, how does he find time to maintain that physique?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

Mr H wrote:Im not being funny, but Cena is a huge guy, he carries some muscle mass. With all the travelling and promotional work he does, how does he find time to maintain that physique?

Considering that he is considerable larger in size than when he started in the WWE I wouldn't be surprised if something was helping him along... now I wouldn't want to be the one to speculate if he is getting roids or merely bulk buying that Whey Protein stuff from the Holland and Barrett adverts

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:16 pm

Protein powder works...but only if you are doing the exercise with it. Otherwise it wont get used to repair muscle..as no muscle has really been exercised...and it will just be turned to fat. Some are better than others though. The general rule of thumb is, if it tastes like rudey poo then its better for you. Mai nreason being that if it tastes nice, it does so for a reason and thats because its full of sugar. There havent been many shakes ive had that i genuinely think "mmmmmmm!!!" All a matter of taste though i guess. The one im using at the moment is kinda rank tbh...but its the worst i've had. Protein bars are the same but there are some lush ones out there!

I wouldnt be surprised if some of the bigger/leaner guys scout gyms out in hotels or wherever they will be to make sure they can keep their gym work up to scratch. Also wouldnt surprise me that WWE realise that a lot of their stars will need a gym and hook them up nicely. Someone like Cena would definately need regular gym to keep things up to scratch. Thing is, even using roids, you still need to work out! its not a case of just stitting around, take some roids, and boom you get big like a cartoon character does when they rep a weight 10 times. You do still need to do something..

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:35 pm

longrangeeffort wrote:Protein powder works...but only if you are doing the exercise with it. Otherwise it wont get used to repair muscle..as no muscle has really been exercised...and it will just be turned to fat. Some are better than others though. The general rule of thumb is, if it tastes like rudey poo then its better for you. Mai nreason being that if it tastes nice, it does so for a reason and thats because its full of sugar. There havent been many shakes ive had that i genuinely think "mmmmmmm!!!" All a matter of taste though i guess. The one im using at the moment is kinda rank tbh...but its the worst i've had. Protein bars are the same but there are some lush ones out there!

I wouldnt be surprised if some of the bigger/leaner guys scout gyms out in hotels or wherever they will be to make sure they can keep their gym work up to scratch. Also wouldnt surprise me that WWE realise that a lot of their stars will need a gym and hook them up nicely. Someone like Cena would definately need regular gym to keep things up to scratch. Thing is, even using roids, you still need to work out! its not a case of just stitting around, take some roids, and boom you get big like a cartoon character does when they rep a weight 10 times. You do still need to do something..

Wait...you're telling me steroids doesnt work like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZA_VVvmsA

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:49 pm

You need to remember that Cena HAS the free time to hit the gym for a few hours. He can use the company jet to travel so he can touch down in a city, maybe hit the gym for a few hours before a house show. If no house show then he can hit the gym for longer and harder.

None of the mid/lower card guys have this luxery, so you can see why some of them turn to the roids.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:50 pm

longrangeeffort wrote:Protein powder works...but only if you are doing the exercise with it. Otherwise it wont get used to repair muscle..as no muscle has really been exercised...and it will just be turned to fat. Some are better than others though. The general rule of thumb is, if it tastes like rudey poo then its better for you. Mai nreason being that if it tastes nice, it does so for a reason and thats because its full of sugar. There havent been many shakes ive had that i genuinely think "mmmmmmm!!!" All a matter of taste though i guess. The one im using at the moment is kinda rank tbh...but its the worst i've had. Protein bars are the same but there are some lush ones out there!

You ever tried myprotein.co.uk whey protein? Good quality and tastes pretty good (getting off topic sorry!). With steroids banned, supplements like creatine and the like, will be a wrestler's best friend these days to maintain size and give an energy boost. I know Randy Orton said on twitter a while back he never leaves home without his whey protein and 'Species' creatine.

Don't know if anyone here has ever read Triple H's book 'Making the Game'. He talks in detail about the constant stuggle to find gyms while on the road or when they are abroad in places like Africa, and making sure they still stick to high protein diets (he even talks you through what to order at subway and burger king etc, as they are the only places open at 2am when they've finished a show). Very good book if you a) like Triple H and b) like working out.

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:58 pm

Very good book if you a) like Triple H and b) like working out.

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne:

I'm out.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:44 am

Hero wrote:

I'm out.

Ha!

I've certainly always been intrigued as to how the naturally lean Triple H suddenly increased his muscle mass by about 50lbs when in his early 30s. Now I know - he ate the right things at Burger King.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:41 pm

It does make you wonder, even someone like Miz who doesn't look that big still weighs 230lbs and would be a fairly jacked normal person (even if he looks slim compared to others in ring).

Wrestling 4 or 5 nights a week, on the road, having to work out before hand, taking bumps, it is a wonder more haven't left once they made their money.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
Hero wrote:

I'm out.

Ha!

I've certainly always been intrigued as to how the naturally lean Triple H suddenly increased his muscle mass by about 50lbs when in his early 30s. Now I know - he ate the right things at Burger King.

I was going to say, there is no mention of steroids in the book - though he's hardly likely to in a book where he is preaching the right ways to train. Nowadays though, creatine (which is perfectly legal) does a similar (though less drastic) job to steroids, in that it bascially makes your muscles hold lots of water so they appear bigger. In response to Crips' though, Trips says:
"What most people don't understand is that I didn't just pack on all this new weight and muscle (in 1999)...I focussed on cutting up the muscle I had rather than packing on new weight. I concentrated on my diet, ate real clean. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I had gotten a little pudgy towards the end of DX, and that was never going to fly with the new character I wanted to portray. I had to drop my body fat percentage down, knowing that would give me the lean, ripped look I wanted. The change wasn't as dramatic as people want to think it was. I didn't gain thirty pounds or anything like that; I just got leaner."

Take from that what you will.. b.s or not, it is still a good book!

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:13 pm

What I don't like about the wellness policy is it isn't transparent.... We don't know what he failed on because as I understand the WWE don't release the results.

He may of done a Kolo Toure & taken a diet pill not sure why everyone assumes steriods. If they just announced what they tested for it would stop all this....

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:49 am

When did he fail a wellness test?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:54 am

"What most people don't understand is that I didn't just pack on all this new weight and muscle (in 1999)...I focussed on cutting up the muscle I had rather than packing on new weight. I concentrated on my diet, ate real clean. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I had gotten a little pudgy towards the end of DX, and that was never going to fly with the new character I wanted to portray. I had to drop my body fat percentage down, knowing that would give me the lean, ripped look I wanted. The change wasn't as dramatic as people want to think it was. I didn't gain thirty pounds or anything like that; I just got leaner."

Triple H was a competitive bodybuilder in his pre-wrestling days. He always knew about eating right.

It's blatant that around 2001-2002 he bulked up immensely. If you look at footage of him from the late 90s he was comparatively less muscular than the average wrestler. He looked lanky and slender. He had a similar build to Drew MacIntyre, though maybe with less definition. He was unrecognisable from the Triple H of 2002 onwards. It's also no coincidence that he slowed down immensely around that time.

I find it really hard to believe that at the age of 30 or 31, after a dozen or so years of being actively interested in bodybuilding, he suddenly discovered a formula for developing such an unnatural amount of muscle for his body type, especially one as obvious as controlling his body fat percentage.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:36 pm

Yeah I agree, and don't doubt that he used them - I wouldnt be surprised if his father in law helped point him in the right direction. I remeber reading (probably in your 'ask the tart' thread) that Scott Steiner said he'd do a drug test if triple h went too.

It is my understanding though, that once you stop using steroids you will lose much of the weight gained (before my time, but I've read many people say that Hogan lost alot of weight in 90/91 once he stopped)- Triple H hasn't really. Is it really possible he still uses them? Hypothetically, if a wwe wrestler was fired for using steroids, would they not be able to suggest to a court that at least one of the very men who runs the company is also a user? My knowledge of court law is limited so maybe that suggestion would be thrown out without any real evidence, but even so, it would surely put WWE in tough situation.

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

Mark_Seven wrote:Yeah I agree, and don't doubt that he used them - I wouldnt be surprised if his father in law helped point him in the right direction. I remeber reading (probably in your 'ask the tart' thread) that Scott Steiner said he'd do a drug test if triple h went too.

It is my understanding though, that once you stop using steroids you will lose much of the weight gained (before my time, but I've read many people say that Hogan lost alot of weight in 90/91 once he stopped)- Triple H hasn't really. Is it really possible he still uses them? Hypothetically, if a wwe wrestler was fired for using steroids, would they not be able to suggest to a court that at least one of the very men who runs the company is also a user? My knowledge of court law is limited so maybe that suggestion would be thrown out without any real evidence, but even so, it would surely put WWE in tough situation.

Well, there are a few reasons why he is safe:
1) Very few wrestlers who are fired will say anything bad about the company; as they do not want to be blackballed from the industry leader and possibly the industry as a whole.
2) There is still a lot of loyalty within the business, i.e. what happens backstage is shrouded in secrecy. The wrestler would be seen as a traitor not only by management but by many of his colleagues.
3) It wouldn't make a court of law. If a wrestler is fired for flaunting the wellness policy, and the company has test results to prove it, the case is closed.
4) It would require a lengthy legal process before Vince McMahon and Triple H were forced to take a test. They could fight it for years, and come off the steroids in the meantime.

I think he's still on them, but probably far smaller amounts than he was in his early-to-mid 30s, simply because he doesn't need to take his top off as often. Whenever he makes an in-ring comeback, he always looks to me like he is extra jacked; I presume that he hits the gym and the gas in larger qualities when he's preparing to wrestle again.

But, like Vince McMahon, and who knows who else, he is safe because nobody is in a position to blow the whistle, the government either doesn't care enough or doesn't understand "steroid speak", and the media thinks wrestling is a joke.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down