The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Essex businessman pays out over 'thief' sign

5 posters

Go down

Essex businessman pays out over 'thief' sign Empty Essex businessman pays out over 'thief' sign

Post by David Tails Wed 16 Feb 2011, 4:01 pm

A businessman who placed a sign saying "thief" around an employee and marched him to a police station has had to pay him £13,000.

Simon Cremer claimed Mark Gilbert had stolen a cheque for £845 from him.

But Mr Gilbert, who claims he was owed the cash, is understood to have sued his former employer for the distress and humiliation caused.

Mr Cremer, who runs a flooring business in Witham, Essex, said lawyers had advised him to settle out of court.

He said: "I am very disappointed. I am very dissatisfied with the legal system.

Full Story : BBC News - Click Here

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. If the guy really was a thief then he should not be able to sue his boss for "humiliation".

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Essex businessman pays out over 'thief' sign Empty Re: Essex businessman pays out over 'thief' sign

Post by Legend Wed 16 Feb 2011, 5:52 pm

so first he steals £845 and for being accused of it he gets a further £13,000. Really? That's just ludicrous!
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Essex businessman pays out over 'thief' sign Empty Re: Essex businessman pays out over 'thief' sign

Post by Guest Wed 16 Feb 2011, 6:16 pm

i read that this morning, couldnt believe it lol.
Heres a picture of him being marched to the police station and the sign : http://www.metro.co.uk/news/855647-boss-who-paraded-thief-employee-pays-him-13-000-compensation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Wed 16 Feb 2011, 7:35 pm

sounds like a genius to me

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 9:33 am

David Tails wrote:A businessman who placed a sign saying "thief" around an employee and marched him to a police station has had to pay him £13,000.

Simon Cremer claimed Mark Gilbert had stolen a cheque for £845 from him.

But Mr Gilbert, who claims he was owed the cash, is understood to have sued his former employer for the distress and humiliation caused.

Mr Cremer, who runs a flooring business in Witham, Essex, said lawyers had advised him to settle out of court.

He said: "I am very disappointed. I am very dissatisfied with the legal system.

Full Story : BBC News - Click Here

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.  If the guy really was a thief then he should not be able to sue his boss for "humiliation".

"Simon Cremer claimed" .........

Glad the t*t was hammered with a fine..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:56 am

Joke. £5,000 of distress? What a p*ssy.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down