The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOP 20 RAPPERS ALIVE LIST

4 posters

Go down

TOP 20 RAPPERS ALIVE LIST  Empty TOP 20 RAPPERS ALIVE LIST

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

Over on the boxing board (a sport I love mind you) people are infatuated with lists. An ATG list in rap is very debatable, but due to some rappers still rapping at the moment it would be hard to make a really good one. So anyways here's my current list from U.S:

1. Jay-Z/Eminem cant decide whose better, both given great albums and are still going strong
3. Nas
4. Kanye West
5. Common
6. Lil Wayne
7. Rick Ross
8. T.I
9. Drake
10. Fabolous
11. Ludacris
12. Jadakiss
13. Nicki Minaj (laugh if you want but she puts even some of the best rappers to shame on their songs, and is one of the few rappers that have held their own whilst Eminem is featuring on their song)
14. 50 cent
15. Busta Rhymes
16. J.Cole (now this guy is incredible, however no album out yet, I'm sure when Cole World drops I will put him in top 10 straight away)
17. Young Jeezy
18. Big Sean
19. Lloyd Banks

P.s before anyone jumps on me, no number 20 because there are two at the top Cool

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

TOP 20 RAPPERS ALIVE LIST  Empty Re: TOP 20 RAPPERS ALIVE LIST

Post by Beer Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:33 pm

Lloyd Banks?

They guy is a complete tool.

Biggie and Pac were much better. How you've omitted Dr Dre and Snoop is beyond me.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:40 pm

Snoop? did say currently, and with songs like sweat that I dont even class as hiphop, sorry he isn't worthy. In terms of all time best, then maybe, but he gets credit due to his earlier stuff. As for Dre, when was his last album? Maybe after Detox he can be regarded high in terms of current rappers.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:56 am

rap isn't music anyway

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:36 am

GG wrote:rap isn't music anyway

how's that? As far as I'm concerned its the only form of music that is artful, metaphors, word-play, double/triple entendres, punchlines etc... besides hip-hop you find this kind of stuff in poetry or you have to look way back to people like Shakespeare (and the most infamous playwrights).

I don't know why some people are so against rap, some of its bad (the ones who promote nonsense) but some of it at its best is brilliant. Same as every other genre... in fact with other genres some singers cant sing, don't write their own stuff, yet get a lot of credit 🤦

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:53 am

Drake should be a lot higher up that list - Thank Me Later is an awesome album! Jay-Z will always sit at the top for me, followed closely by Kanye, the guy is a muppet of epic proportions but he makes some awesome music! Common & Fabolous are racked off, and Jadakiss is poo.

Ludacris is an enigma, pre-2005 he was awesome, Chicken & Beer, Word of Mouf were never out of my car, but then he teamed up with Justin Bieber....Nuff Said!

& in true stereotypical Hip Hop Style.......BRAAAAAAAAP!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down