The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Football!!! Which team/s are you a fan of and why?

+5
TheBrownTown
RDuncan8
El Capitan
sgb
Reggie Perrin
9 posters

Go down

NCAA Football!!! Which team/s are you a fan of and why? Empty NCAA Football!!! Which team/s are you a fan of and why?

Post by Reggie Perrin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 2:02 pm

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

NCAA Football!!! Which team/s are you a fan of and why? Empty Re: NCAA Football!!! Which team/s are you a fan of and why?

Post by sgb Tue 26 Jul 2011, 2:22 pm

Texas

First game I saw on tv was at the Darrell K Royal stadium, Colt McCoy was brilliant. Followed them ever since.

sgb

Back to top Go down

NCAA Football!!! Which team/s are you a fan of and why? Empty Re: NCAA Football!!! Which team/s are you a fan of and why?

Post by Reggie Perrin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 2:28 pm

Ahh yes my friend is a Longhorn fan, damn good football team.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Capitan Tue 26 Jul 2011, 2:31 pm

I only really had a passing interest in College Football till last year.

ESPN UK had such good coverage in 2010 though and I became quite enamoured with the Oregon Ducks.

That reminds me, I guess i'd better renew my Sky Sports/ESPN package. So happy they've changed the Sky NFL presenters...

El Capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 2:46 pm

Yeah it's been a long time coming I guess.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:14 pm

El Capitan wrote:I only really had a passing interest in College Football till last year.

ESPN UK had such good coverage in 2010 though and I became quite enamoured with the Oregon Ducks.

That reminds me, I guess i'd better renew my Sky Sports/ESPN package. So happy they've changed the Sky NFL presenters...

When does the college season start and what was the ESPN coverage like. How many games per week etc??
Will need to get my skysports back and might get ESPN if I think it might be worth it.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:20 pm

RDuncan,

It starts september 1st and if it's anything like last year then you get alot of football i was struggling to keep up with it all to be honest. you also got college games being shown on the eurosport channels aswell........thats if it it is going to be like last year which i hope it is.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:27 pm

I like the Michigan Wolverines and the Boise State Broncos

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:29 pm

Is there any reason in paticular Browntown? or is it things like the colour of the field for boise state? or are they two teams you pretty much saw first on tv? etc etc

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

Um. The broncos mainly because I'm a Denver Broncos fan and they're very similar, I also like the location. As for the wolverines, they're a big team with a lot of history, I like their uniforms and Rich Eisen supports them! Can't say I watch much college football tbh but I casually follow these two teams.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:36 pm

Fair enough.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Capitan Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:55 pm

yeah RDuncan, the coverage on ESPN is pretty amazing as it goes.

I think there is a good 8+ hours of continuous coverage on saturdays through the season as well as thursday and friday evenings, games of the week etc.

El Capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

Yup that sounds about right El capitano Yahoo

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 26 Jul 2011, 4:57 pm

Arizona State Sun Devils because I went to school there.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

The Mangler US_UK wrote:Arizona State Sun Devils because I went to school there.

Thats certainly the best reason yet lol.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:21 pm

Rutgers University. I went there.

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:32 pm

Boise because there field is blue and the first game I saw was the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma that they won on the Statue of Liberty having also pulled off the "Circus" play to take it to OT... any team with that many tricks deserves kudos!

Otherwise I am vaguely following Georgia as there in the SEC which means there games are on at reasonable times and because there badge is the same as Green Bay's.

Last season was the first I followed properly, so really I'm still trying to find my feet and the teams I like to look out for

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:23 am

i follow the wolverines due to the big house being one of the most amazing stadiums I have ever seen and it was in the 1st ncaa game i ever watched. Also love nebraska as they are old fashioned and usually play tough d, think suh

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down