The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flower Wants Monty not to bowl to Sachin in the nets

+3
Stellar Key
Gregers
msp83
7 posters

Go down

Flower Wants Monty not to bowl to Sachin in the nets Empty Flower Wants Monty not to bowl to Sachin in the nets

Post by msp83 Thu 28 Jul - 4:43

England coach Andi Flower want's spinner Monty Panesar to stop bowling to Sachin Tendulkar in the nets. Panesar had bowled to Tendular in the nets before the first test match, and Flower hoped the spinner would stop helping a rival player.
Panaser's explanation though is that he did this with a view to improve himself by bowling to a batting great.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/flower-wants-monty-to-stop-bowling-to-sachin/823369/
what do you make of this development?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Flower Wants Monty not to bowl to Sachin in the nets Empty Re: Flower Wants Monty not to bowl to Sachin in the nets

Post by Gregers Thu 28 Jul - 9:12

Total overreaction by Flower, Panesar is totally within his rights to want to bowl to Sachin.

Stupid Flower

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Flower Wants Monty not to bowl to Sachin in the nets Empty Re: Flower Wants Monty not to bowl to Sachin in the nets

Post by Stellar Key Thu 28 Jul - 10:07

I'm stunned by this , the england #2 spinner is being used by the opposition as a net bowler !! WTH is Monty thinking ?

Panesar ought to be playing in a county game and nowhere near the tests unless he is called up to the squad. Flower in my opinion is absolutely right.

None of the county bowlers should be assisting the touring side in my view. ( though I doubt many would have the time to spare )

If they want net bowlers then ask local club players to attend their practice sessions.

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 28 Jul - 10:45

Personlay I wouldnt be that fussed about Tendulkar getting practise against a left arm spinner, so long as Swann doesnt get injured its highly unlikley he'll face one in this series.

Let him keep wasting his time.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul - 11:02

i dont think it matters, cos they will know what he bowls anyway, cos they can look at him using technology.

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 28 Jul - 15:02

I thought it was a rather unwanted overreaction on the part of Flower. May be this is one way of keeping the level of intensity up. If Swann somehow gets injured, then Monty seems the obvious choicee. From that point, Flower has a point. But Monty's case is also solid, he's been out of the side for some time now, and if you have to do net practice, then doing it alongside the best does have some logic.
Certainly Flower need not have gone public on this, a quiet word would have been much better.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitchey Thu 28 Jul - 15:32

I think that Flower's style is very much of the 'leave no stone unturned' variety.

If I was Monty, given the opportunity I would love to have a bowl at one of heroes, but all aspects considered, Flowers dictum is the correct one. As whilst the England team should behave in gentlemanly fashion on and off the field, no unnecessary advantage (however slight) should be afforded to the opposition by the England players themselves ...

To put it another way, and to use a crude comparison: would Buccahanan (sorry for the spelling) have allowed McGill to bowl at Lara (Tendulka) in the nets, for the purposes of 'warming the batsman up' during a competitive test match during the 'Dominators' era? I think not ...

Twitchey

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Thu 28 Jul - 16:46

How Monty's bowling in the net can make difference??
Sachin was not gonna get his 100 at Lords, and he did not, he could not.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by longhopmerchant Thu 28 Jul - 17:46

If I'm not mistaken, Panesar is British Indian? Therefore his idols would've been Gavaskar, Bedi etc. So to bowl at Tendulkar would've been like an early Christmas present for him.

longhopmerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Thu 28 Jul - 18:22

longhopmerchant wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Panesar is British Indian? Therefore his idols would've been Gavaskar, Bedi etc. So to bowl at Tendulkar would've been like an early Christmas present for him.

exactly, Sachin would be idole to many, including the main charrecter of Harry Potter, (wots'is name?) clap clap clap clap clap

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down