The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WRU are doing alright...! According to the IRBs financial investigation of National Unions

+2
nottins_jones
maestegmafia
6 posters

Go down

The WRU are doing alright...! According to the IRBs financial investigation of National Unions Empty The WRU are doing alright...! According to the IRBs financial investigation of National Unions

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:53 pm

Wales has the smallest population and economy of the top 10 nations in World Rugby and last year generated 12% of their total combined revenues of £477.2m.

Have a read on the Wail website.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2011/08/03/record-revenue-sees-wru-thrive-in-world-rugby-financial-league-table-91466-29168794/#ixzz1TzdfivP7

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

The WRU are doing alright...! According to the IRBs financial investigation of National Unions Empty Re: The WRU are doing alright...! According to the IRBs financial investigation of National Unions

Post by nottins_jones Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:19 pm

Are Scotland outside the top 10? I thought their economy was worse off; or maybe I'm wrong and perhaps I read that it was their Union that is the worst off?

Surely NZ aren't far off either RE small population/weak economy? Man those guys are good at sports.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

The WRU are doing alright...! According to the IRBs financial investigation of National Unions Empty Re: The WRU are doing alright...! According to the IRBs financial investigation of National Unions

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:36 pm

Good to see. Most unions seem to have done ok, but it's what you do with this revenue and growth that counts.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:45 pm

nottins_jones wrote:Are Scotland outside the top 10? I thought their economy was worse off; or maybe I'm wrong and perhaps I read that it was their Union that is the worst off?

Surely NZ aren't far off either RE small population/weak economy? Man those guys are good at sports.

The Ten Nations mentioned in the article are:

Australia
Argentina
Ireland
Italy
England
France
New Zealand
South Africa
Scotland
Wales

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

Ireland must have the biggest results to money owed to the people they beat ratio...although if the USA played China theyd take that crown

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:39 pm

I thought it referred to the top 10 ranked nations. I thought Italy were ranked outside the top 10 and Fiji had made their way up. Perhaps Scotland are 8th or 9th. Still doesn't answer my query though.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

I dont think its based on the IRB rankings, more on the Ten biggest supported rugby nations.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:04 pm

How much do International tickets cost in Australia New Zealand and South Africa ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm

Lets ask the Kiwireddevil!
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:10 am

nottins_jones wrote:Lets ask the Kiwireddevil!

Why ? He's based in London.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:19 am

nottins_jones wrote:Lets ask the Kiwireddevil!
All Blacks v Fiji, Carisbrook, Dunedin, 22 July, 7:35 pm
Children: from $25, Adults: $50-$115
Ticket Direct Phone : 0800 224 224
Online: www.ticketdirect.co.nz

All Blacks v South Africa, Westpac Stadium, Wellington, 30 July, 7:35 pm
Children: from $26, Adults: $72-$135
Ticketek Phone : 0800 842 538
Online: www.ticketek.co.nz

All Blacks v Australia, Eden Park, Auckland, 6 August, 7:35 pm
Children: from $15
Adults: $45-$160
Ticketmaster Phone : 0800 111 999
Online: www.ticketmaster.co.nz

Kiwi dollar = £ 0.52

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:28 am

nottins don't you have anything better to do than stay up all night just to tell me where somebody is currently living? Tumbleweed
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:34 am

nottins_jones wrote:nottins don't you have anything better to do than stay up all night just to tell me where somebody is currently living? Tumbleweed

I never realised that posting a reply at 00:10 was staying up all night. Shocked It was relevant in that KRD is a New Zealander living in London and would not necessarily be best placed to provide ticket prices for countries in the Southern Hemisphere.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:50 am

At 00:10 this morning I was still on the Tube heading home after my softball match Whistle

I've found it easier to get to international matches in the UK. Living in Christchurch there was generally only 1 or 2 ABs tests a year, and they sold out pretty quick. Once you start adding flights to Auckland or Wellington onto match tickets it gets expensive.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm

nottins wrote:
nottins_jones wrote:nottins don't you have anything better to do than stay up all night just to tell me where somebody is currently living? Tumbleweed

I never realised that posting a reply at 00:10 was staying up all night. Shocked It was relevant in that KRD is a New Zealander living in London and would not necessarily be best placed to provide ticket prices for countries in the Southern Hemisphere.

Well it is pretty late, especially on a school night. Urm seeing as he's from that particular hemisphere then it isn't relevant where he currently lives. However that's not the reasons I suggest he be asked. The reasons were a) He's a kiwi and b) He's knowledgable when it comes to all aspects of Rugby.

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Tweaked slightly inflammatory sentence :). Left in the nice bits about me ;))
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down