The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers News

+54
ncfc_Tooze
cherriesfna
barragan
McLaren
Soldier_Of_Fortune
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
JamesLincs
drsambo1928
Shifty
Geordie
Prettybhoyfloyd
Dave.
davidl1061
Gregers
Luke
sportform
GSC
CaledonianCraig
superflyweight
Kenny
DJ Legless
Adam D
Gordy
The Special Juan
RDuncan8
Hero
lorus59
cabbagesandbrussels
Enforcer
BigPhil
Ayrshirebhoy
Lee
Il Gialloblu
Dass
6oldenbhoy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Doon the Water
RinoGattuso
marcellus wallace
Dr Gregory House MD
Mat
liegerwoods
Nay
JAS
Josiah Maiestas
Kay Fabe
super_realist
Celtic Warrior
User Name
monty junior
tarka
Crimey
TipToes88
The Galveston Giant
58 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rangers News - Page 2 Empty Rangers News

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 14 Aug 2011, 4:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Updates on Rangers Transfer news.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Rangers News - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers News

Post by User Name Wed 24 Aug 2011, 1:32 am

El-Hadji Diouf has told BBC Radio Scotland that he wants to come back to Rangers.

The Senegalese forward spent the second half of last season on loan at Ibrox but is now back at Blackburn Rovers.

Rovers boss Steve Kean says Diouf is not part of his plans for the campaign ahead, so the player is asking Ibrox boss Ally McCoist to take him back.

"I would definitely go back for him and for the fans. I don't want to play for Blackburn any more," Diouf said.

"I've got a lot of clubs contacting me just now.
Continue reading the main story

"I don't want to go somewhere where I am fighting a relegation battle. I'd rather be fighting to win a title again like last year when I won with Rangers.

"It is a big team, I enjoyed winning the title and making a lot of fans happy.

"I want Rangers to win the title again this season because Coisty is a good guy."

And Diouf told Sportsound that he is unconcerned by the perceived gulf in quality between the top leagues in Scotland and England.

"I came to Scotland because of one thing: I knew Rangers were a good team.

"Celtic against Rangers is 10 times better than Liverpool against Manchester United or something like that.

"The Old Firm game is the number one game in the world. What I feel about this game I have never felt in my life. On the pitch it is like a war, but beautiful. A good war."

Diouf has been joined at Blackburn Rovers by new Scottish signing David Goodwillie, but admits he would have advised the former Dundee United striker against a move to England.

"I speak to David Goodwillie every day at the training ground," he commented.

"I tell him that if he has the chance to play for Rangers he should jump at it, because it is one of the best clubs in the world.

"I am very surprised he chose Blackburn. He's a good guy and I will do everything I can to help him."

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:27 pm

Rangers would do well to tell Diouf to get stuffed, they've a big enough image problem as it is without bringing that scumbag back.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

I dont think there was any chance of him coming back.

Gregg Wylde has signed a new contract.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:24 pm

He's 1 of the maddest players in the game, maybe we should blame Allardyce for allowing him to be like he is?
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:02 pm

Gregg Wylde agrees Rangers contract extension

STV understands Rangers youngster Gregg Wylde has agreed a contract extension to remain at Ibrox for four more years.

The winger is in the final year of his contract and had previously rejected offers of a new contract. However, the 20-year-old has now reached agreement on a new deal that will run until the summer of 2015.

Wylde's situation had alerted other clubs to his potential availability and Bolton had a bid of £400,000 rejected by Rangers in mid-August. Rangers manager Ally McCoist had said that he was keen to see the player continue his career in Glasgow and warned the player's admirers that he would not be sold.

"The bid from Bolton was not accepted and I don't want Gregg Wylde to go anywhere," McCoist said at the time. "He is a good young talent and we feel he has done very well.

"We want him to sign on again with us and we want his progress to continue here at this football club.

"I now have the opportunity to say any further bids we receive for Gregg will not be welcomed either."

Wylde made his first-team debut for Rangers in 2009 and has made 27 appearances for the Ibrox side. He has been capped by Scotland at Under-19 and Under-21 level.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:07 pm

Gers cleared over Carlos protest

Rangers have confirmed that UEFA have rejected Maribor's protest over Carlos Bocanegra's eligibility for the Europa League play-offs.

The United States captain made his debut in last Thursday's first leg in Slovenia, having signed from St Etienne the night before and been granted international clearance.

However, the defender was unable to feature in the SPL game against Motherwell at the weekend because he did not obtain a visa to work in the UK until Monday.

Maribor questioned whether Bocanegra was eligible to play in last week's match, which they won 2-1, but their complaint has been dismissed by UEFA.

A statement on Rangers' official website said: "Rangers Football Club is delighted to confirm that UEFA has rejected the protest filed by NK Maribor with regards to the ineligibility of Carlos Bocanegra.

"As already indicated, the SFA confirmed Carlos was deemed eligible to play at a domestic level within the UEFA deadline in accordance with the requirements of the UEFA Regulations.

"The club is pleased the matter has been dealt with swiftly as we always felt there was no case to answer and now our sole focus is on tomorrow's Europa League qualifier at Ibrox Stadium."

Rangers had taken the lead in the first leg through Juan Manuel Ortiz but his opener was cancelled out by Agim Ibraimi before substitute Etien Velikonja grabbed an injury-time winner for Maribor on the night.

Manager Ally McCoist hopes Sunday's 3-0 win over Motherwell will provide a confidence boost ahead of tomorrow's clash but admits Rangers are still hurting from the events in Slovenia, after throwing away a first-half lead.

He said: "The away goal helps but it's still a sore result to take, especially losing a goal in the 92nd minute.

"I was disappointed with the way we played in the second half but that's gone.

"We know what we have to do in the second leg. It will be difficult but we had a very encouraging performance at the weekend at Motherwell.

"There were some good individual performances but, more importantly, it was a great team performance.

"Hopefully we can take the confidence from that game and carry it into this game."

On securing a place in the group stages, McCoist added: "It's massive.

"We want to play at the top level in Europe and we haven't been able to do that in terms of the Champions League this year so that's a blow.

"The next best thing is the Europa League and we feel we've got a real opportunity to get Rangers there. Our fans want to see European football, our players want to play European football.

"We were in the final of the tournament three years ago and, although I'm not going to say we'll get there again, we would like to qualify and we will do everything we can to do that."

Meanwhile, McCoist has revealed that Sasa Papac is making progress following illness although he is unlikely to be back in action in time for Sunday's SPL clash with Aberdeen.

Rangers and the Bosnian Football Association clashed over the player's health after the Scottish champions denied claims the left-back was suffering from pneumonia.

McCoist said: "Sasa has been out running. His health, which was a concern, is a lot better now.

"He's still on antibiotics and it was a worry. But his health is a lot better and he was out with the physio doing a little bit.

"His progress will be monitored although I would be surprised if he was involved on Sunday."

http://www.teamtalk.com/rangers/7121974/Gers-cleared-over-Carlos-protest
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:45 pm

Are Rangers fans' not able to look up websites for themselves?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:54 pm

Why don't you go and look one up?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:07 am

Bocanegra was decent at Fulham and Rennes, rarely injured, good signing.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:33 am

He should do well in the SPL Josiah, looking forward to seeing his fellow international colleague Bedoya make his debut too.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:27 am

super_realist wrote:Are Rangers fans' not able to look up websites for themselves?

Well this way we are able to discuss the topic with users that we are familuar with which you can't do on many football news sites. Why are you here then Supie? To bring a little ray of sunshine into our lives?

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:28 pm

I'm just here to have a laugh at how far Rangers signing sights have fallen Laugh , just think copy and pasting an entire article/source is overkill.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm

Well do one. You're just bitter because you got pumped off newly promoted Dunfermline at home, have lost your best players, and don't have any money to spend from the sales. People can come here to see the latest transfer updates and discuss them without trawling the internet. Have you voiced you're concerns on the other transfer threads?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:55 pm

GG, not at all, I just thinks its odd that people are cut and pasting big articles but then not even adding an opinion about it. That's the whole point isn't it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm

You want me to discuss them with myself? I called it Rangers Transfer news because i was going to post news on Rangers transfers. How else would it work exactly?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:06 pm

Ah I love you Super, your like our Darth Vader. Cold and hard on the outside but really squishy kittens on the inside. And actually others posting the articles is useful for me because I'm mostly on at work and don't have access to all the sports sites

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:12 pm

Gg, I would have thought it be be something like this:
Cut and paste of snippets of article (not the whole thing) or summary of breaking news e.g. rangers linked to another loan for diouf, followed by the posters opinion, e.g. something like 'i hope we don't sign him, we've already got a cheating scumbag in Kyle lafferty, we don't need another.'

Fair enough?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:04 pm

Not really, you would still have something to say even if it was set up like that. When do you ever have anything constructive to say? Just negativity and criticism. For instance, you could have started a debate about certain signings etc, but decided to criticise the article instead. You don't support Rangers so this thread is no use to you anyway, is it?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:02 pm

Super....get back tae the golf board and behave yourself!! Is this where you come to practice your cantankerousness?? Wink

Seriously though...how many potential deals are going to get killed off by tonights results?...quite possibly the most disastrous night ever in Scottish club football. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....it does!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:28 pm

JAS wrote:Super....get back tae the golf board and behave yourself!! Is this where you come to practice your cantankerousness?? Wink

Seriously though...how many potential deals are going to get killed off by tonights results?...quite possibly the most disastrous night ever in Scottish club football. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....it does!!

Perhaps not that disastrous though JAS, could it act as a wake up call and boot up the backside that they've needed for years? At present Scottish Football doesn't deserve to even be in the qualification stages of the Europes most minor competition, judging by the embarassing displays/results.

It is hard to imagine that there are further depths to which Scottish Football can fall. Rather than trying to buy in no mark and has-been players from unheard of teams or cherry picking from their domestic league competition perhaps they might actually start to develop more of their own talent for a change rather than rely on ancient reputations and hackneyed cliches of being "big clubs" as a carrot to induce foreign mercenary players who couldn't give a toss to join.
Granted, they'll have to accept that they are selling clubs for a few years on the back of such a programme, but I can't honestly see how things could get any worse for either, certainly not something that a threadbare and rubber chequebook will cure overnight as the European outcome will be exactly the same next year.

A bad night indeed, but in reality, excatly what they deserve and possibly in the long run the best thing that could happen to either of the Old Firm, as at the very least it forces coffee to be smelt, humble pie to be swallowed and big structural changes to be made.
If they carry on as they are, then they'll be playing TNS, Sherbourne and Dinamo Tirana in pre-qualification just to get into the qualification stages.

On the plus side, it means no wretched coverage by STV and no Archie McPherson Yahoo

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:16 am

European outcome wont be the same next year, as the winner of the SPL goes straight into the CL group stage.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 26 Aug 2011, 6:48 am

That may be true, but it doesn't do anything for the state of Scottish Football, I consider it an extremely fortunate situation for either half of the OF in 2012/2013 to get straight into the League, but unless something major changes whichever one gets in will embarass themselves and will once again be home before the postcards. Surely you wouldn't be happy just to be in it and be getting pumped home and away by the likes of Brondby and Antwerp?
It says a lot when a tiny team like Shamrock Rovers can get through against tougher opposition than either half of the Old Firm faced.
Big changes have to take place as accepting that they'll get in next year doesn't mean they've improved or that this year is a blip,it just means they are papering over huge cracks.
Given the dreadful results of late, 2012/2013 will surely be the last time any Scottish team gets straight into the main draw of any event and unless something drastic happens in the way the OF operate then I can't see another Scottish representation in Europe any time soon, which of course means no money other than the pittance from the SPL coming in.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 26 Aug 2011, 9:57 am

It's about time teams like Dundee Utd stepped up to plate to try and help the cause, easy to stand back and point the finger at the old firm.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:27 am

GG, I've been constructive for a change on one of your posts and believe i've made some good points. It's not really anything to do with the likes of Dundee United as we aren't really in a position where we should be competing or expected to compete. The OF have significantly more resources than Motherwell, Hearts or United which should ensure they are at least able to qualify for the Europa League. Why they have failed so badly is what you should be asking questions about.
Rangers have won one solitary game in the last 23 in Europe. That's nothing to do with anyone but Rangers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:09 pm

But you talk about Scottish Football and Rangers aren't there to fly the flag for the whole of Scotland, United had their chance to get into Europe and failed also. Scottish football involves everyone in the league playing their part, we could have had 3 teams in Europe and 1 in the Champions league to build the co efficiency. Rangers failed but they also failed against Kaunus, terrible result but not as much is made of it because 4 scottish teams weren't pumped in Europe by crap teams. Rangers know there is a chance they will be embarrased in the Champions League but it is the money that comes with it that's important if they want to build. For me Whyte just got greedy and tried to sneek through in one of the European games without re building to get the European money, it was made clear last season that they needed to change after nearly 4 years with the same team, most of the best players left and they weren't replaced, you cannot compare Scottish football to the premiership as no Scottish team is handed 150 Million every season to blow, any good players in Scotland head to England and follow the money, the league will never improve much unless most of the teams get bought over by billionares as a hobby. I don't think Rangers are going to buy another player in the window which is shocking, Whyte has tried to steal players and spent a small fraction of the 10-15 Million promised, if he doesn't watch he'll feel the wrath of the fans very soon, everyone is going on about the pressure on McCoist but the finger should be pointed at Whyte, the team he has is enough to do well in the SPL but cannot cope with standard teams in europe who actually play football and don't just lump the ball up the park.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

GG, Dundee Utd have had precious few opportunities and are so bereft of talent, skill, money and support that they aren't expected to do well in Europe.
Part of the problem of the OF's failure is that they play in a poor league, although how much of an excuse that is is up for debate because Maribor and Malmo also play in poor leagues, have less money, less tv revenue, fewer fans and smaller stadiums. But hey.
What the OF could do is to have a gentlemans agreement that they don't sign from teams in the same division, hence not strengthening their own by denuding the others. Think of the players who have gone to the OF in the last decade. Players who usually caused them problems. So they are at least partially responsible for the poor standard of the league. If you are playing better opposition week in week out then they might be better placed when they come up against the might of teams from Sweden and Slovenia.
I don't think a change to summer football would be a bad idea either. Malmo certainly stole a march by being fitter.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:41 pm

I was pretty shocked to hear a lot of professionals moaning about the early start and then saying we weren't as fit as other teams. That's true but if it had been any other season we would have been even less fit with a later start. Just poor excuses, the dates are the same every year in Europe so if that is the case you make sure you're players are fit for the qualifiers. McCoist was also moaning about the early start saying he couldn't sign players because England wasn't up and running in the transfer market yet but most of his signing he's missed out on went to England.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:43 pm

That must be the annoying thing for you GG, although teams like Rangers won't be able to sign top players any more there is no excuse for them not being fit enough as that doesn't actually cost anything.

Whyte looks like being a disaster for Rangers, and McCoist not much of a help either.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

Ha, never thought about that before. What he does in the next few days in the transfer market should tell us that, we have enough cover now when everyone is fit, we need a player or two with some quality, losing the league this season is not an option for either of the Old Firm as the money gained is going to be really important.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:If Whyte isn't seriously worried about our situation then we are in trouble.

He's too busy auditioning for Shooter McGavin in the remake of Happy Gilmore.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:51 pm

Ha, never thought about that before. What he does in the next few days in the transfer market should tell us that, we have enough cover now when everyone is fit, we need a player or two with some quality, losing the league this season is not an option for either of the Old Firm as the money gained is going to be really important.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

You need to ditch the likes of Davie Weir, get a youngster in, learn from his mistakes because there's no point having someone like Weir in there at that age, does nothing for the future of the team.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 26 Aug 2011, 6:13 pm

I know, they could have used his wages on someone else, last season should have been his last, Wylde looked good at the start the other night, i'm glad he's signed a new contract, they are the type of players they need, young and hungry, Ortiz is looking like a very bad move at the minute.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm

Greek strike ace linked with Rangers

Rangers were today weighing up a move for experienced Greek striker Theofanis Gekas before the transfer window closes on Wednesday night.

The Ibrox side have been tracking the 31-year-old, who plays for Eintracht Frankfurt, for the past couple of weeks and he is high on boss Ally McCoist’s list of possible attacking options before the signing deadline.

Gekas has scored 55 goals in 133 Bundesliga matches in a career mainly based in Germany having played for Bochum, Bayer Leverkusen and Hertha Berlin before he joined Frankfurt last summer for £1million.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

so he's just been signed for a million last year. Wonder how much Whytes gonna wanna pay for him? Season pass to M&Ds and a first bus day saver probs

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:51 pm

Laugh He'll probabaly offer 50,000, if that gets knocked back he'll up it 5,000 every time.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

Rangers have just rejected a £6.5m bid for Jelavic from Liecester City, thats huge news, Rangers can't lose the big man, he's a class act

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:10 pm

I believe he will go at the end of the season gaffer, he needs to be replaced by a player of the same quality if Rangers want to continue to score goals, he's won us so many games in his short time at the club so far. Going to try and get a hold of that news.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:14 pm

Rangers reject £6.5m Leicester bid for Nikica Jelavic

Rangers have confirmed they have rejected a £6.5million bid from Leicester for star striker Nikica Jelavic.

It has been speculated throughout the summer whether the August 2010 signing from Rapid Vienna will stay at Ibrox after hitting 19 goals in all competitions last season.

Croatian Jelavic has been linked with a number of clubs, but it is Leicester who have made an official approach ahead of Wednesday's transfer deadline.

Sven Goran Eriksson has been keen to add attacking power to his squad and has failed in bids for Bristol City's Nicky Maynard and interest in Shane Long before his move to West Brom.

Big-spending Leicester have also been unsuccessful in their initial attempt to sign Jelavic, who has scored three goals this season, and it remains to be seen if they will make a renewed approach.

A short statement on Rangers' official website read: "Rangers football club can confirm that they have today rejected a £6.5million bid for striker Nikica Jelavic from English Championship side Leicester City."

Rangers can kiss the title goodbye if they decide to sell, not enough time left to replace him in this window.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:39 pm

I'd agree that Jelavic would be a massive blow, this will really test Whites resolve, I expect a few clubs to be sniffing about tomorrow, I've heard Newcastle and Bolton are monitoring, I've always liked Gekas but he ain't in the same league as Jelavic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:06 pm

Rangers would be foolish not to take that money for Jelavic. They're unlikely to get much more next summer with his contract shorter and they could pay off some debt and get a few players on more modest and realistic contracts with the remainder (or perhaps also pay off coffin dodger Weir, he's no place in professional football anymore)

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:09 pm

I don't think Gekas is in the same league as Jelavic either Gaffer, Super if he were to leave tomorrow and not replaced immediately Rangers would screwed, with the European money gone it will be interesting tomorrow if a few bigger clubs do come in for him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:22 pm

Super all you do is run down the SPL then you Champion the sale of any decent players we do have, you come across more like a contradiction than a realist, Jelavic this time next year will still have two years on his contract and will command at least that fee, with this seasons Champions given direct access into the Champions League then it would be foolish to sell their best asset at this stage

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:26 pm

Gers plan Murphy move

Promising striker impresses during trial at Ibrox

Skysports.com understands Rangers are to push ahead with a move for Arsenal starlet Rhys Murphy following an impressive trial.

The 20-year-old striker linked up with the Glasgow giants at the start of August in the hope of earning a permanent stay.

He has already spent time on trial at Middlesbrough since the 2010/11 campaign came to a close and is keen to put down roots.

Murphy is a product of the renowned Academy system at Emirates Stadium, having been on their books since 2004.

He has caught the eye in the Gunners' youth teams and gained senior experience during a loan spell at Brentford in 2009.

It is understood that Rangers are now preparing to offer him an opportunity to shine in the Scottish Premier League, with Ally McCoist keen to bring the youngster on board.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11788_7139167,00.html
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:03 pm

I've heard conflicting reports about this lad, you sure you don't want big Daryl instead Smile

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:23 pm

Laugh Not sure about this one gaffer, not sure what kind of wages he will be asking for, hopefully not much they didn't mess about with Odonkor when he was on trial so hopefully they've seen enough in him to make a move, in saying that someone must have been watching Ortiz and thought he would be a good signing.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:27 am

Gaffer, I've yet to see any conclusive proof that this years champions get into Europe Scot free, given that the league will be ranked 28th let's assume that they won't. Rangers would be better cashing in and using the money to bed in a few players. There is no point in having a player who is head and shoulders above the rest of the team in a dog with fleas of a league. You could probably get 3-4 players of slightly higher than spl standard for the money and then make a better fist of future qualification.
Either way rangers have to bridge the gap between what they earned from the cl last year and what they won't be earning in future. Like it or not they've become a selling club.

Sorry though, I didn't realise you could only comment on the spl unless you were only tapering over the cracks.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:35 am

Why assume they wont, when they will.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:09 am

I've seen no evidence that they will get in user, and unless you can provide some ill continue to assume they won't. I've had a look around to see what the situation is but to no avail. Considering the spl will be ranked 28 as of 2012 and they didnt get in this year whilst ranked 17 , does it not seem unlikely that they go straight in next year?
Either way there's no guarantee rangers will be champions in any event
McMoist was quoted the other day saying he couldn't see a Scottish team in Europe for the next few years. He didn't mention automatic entry next year.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:01 pm

RANGERS £9M PRICE TAG FOR JELAVIC

RANGERS have slapped a £9 million pricetag on the head of wanted man Nikica Jelavic.

The Ibrox club last night turned down an initial £6.5 million offer from Sven Goran Eriksson's Leicester City.

But if - as expected - the Foxes return with an improved cash bid today or throw in a player as makeweight in any deal then the shock move for the striker will be back ON.

Jelavic has been kept aware of the bidding process and sources in Croatia last night revealed that he is open to a deadline-day move.

Leicester‚s first bid has also smoked out clubs in Russia and in the English Premiership.

Now rival offers could land on the Ibrox table today as the clock ticks down to an 11pm cut-off point.

Boss Ally McCoist does not want to flog Jelavic and be left short up front.

Leicester have already moved a number of players on this window and of the strikers currently on their books, McCoist would only be tempted by the likes of former Portsmouth man David Nugent and ex-Sunderland striker Martyn Waghorm.

But it will be up to Ibrox owner Craig Whyte to decide if he can sell Jelavic and placate an Ibrox support already disenchanted at the team‚s poor form at the start of the season.

Rangers fans were last night split on the possible sale of the striker who proved his class in the title run-in last season ˆ but has looked surly and disinterested in recent weeks.

Rangers paid £4 million to land the striker from Rapid Vienna last season and have him tied down on a contract until 2014.

However, if the club can double their dough on Jelavic and land a replacement striker as part of any deal then it will be pushed through.

Jelavic is on international duty with Croatia this week ahead of a Euro 2012 qualifier against Malta on Friday night, but is primed to make a late dash to complete any move.

Eriksson‚s side are bankrolled by Thai multi-millionaire Vichai Raksriaksorn and they can blow Jelavic‚s Ibrox salary out of the water.

The hitman is one of the top earners at Ibrox, but pockets less than £20,000 a week in the SPL and could earn nearer £30,000 by moving to English football‚s second tier.

Meanwhile, Rangers could also look at sanctioning loan deals for the likes of Kyle Hutton, Andrew Little and John Fleck as the youngsters eye first-team football ahead of a return to Ibrox in January or at the end of the campaign.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/268345/Rangers-9m-price-tag-for-Jelavic?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next