The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire KO's Montiel Rd 2 - Full Fight Link

+2
rikwebb
Sugar Boy Sweetie
6 posters

Go down

Donaire KO's Montiel Rd 2 - Full Fight Link Empty Donaire KO's Montiel Rd 2 - Full Fight Link

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 20 Feb 2011, 10:30 am

Nonito Donaire cements his position as p4p no2 behind fellow Filipino Manny Pacquiao by knocking out fellow top ten p4per Fernando Montiel in two rounds to win the WBO & WBC bantamweight titles. Donaire was just too quick and too powerful for Montiel, catching him with hard left hooks to the head and body and a few great straight rights. Montiel only landed a couple of meaningful shots before Donaire wipes him out with a monstrous left hook to the temple. Short but sweet.

http://donairevsmontiel.com/watch-the-full-fight-replay/
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Donaire KO's Montiel Rd 2 - Full Fight Link Empty Re: Donaire KO's Montiel Rd 2 - Full Fight Link

Post by rikwebb Sun 20 Feb 2011, 12:02 pm

I think it should of been stopped after the knockdown. Great counter punch.

rikwebb

Back to top Go down

Donaire KO's Montiel Rd 2 - Full Fight Link Empty Re: Donaire KO's Montiel Rd 2 - Full Fight Link

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 20 Feb 2011, 12:16 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 31 May 2011, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 20 Feb 2011, 12:33 pm

Nice work finding and posting the link. Have some stars. Very Happy Montiel did do well to get up, but what was the ref thinking? Looks a bit like the ref realised he should've stopped it and did so as soon as Donaire went on the attack, to save Montiel as well as to save face a little. Monstrous left though. Can't see many people wanting to square up to Donaire any time soon!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 20 Feb 2011, 12:36 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 31 May 2011, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 20 Feb 2011, 1:31 pm

Wonderful performance by Donaire. I said all along that he'd win by virtue of simply being too fast for Montiel, but I certainly didn't think he'd get the job done before the mid-way stage.

I was surprised, though, that Montiel fought so tentatively, especially in that opening round. Donaire is a momentum fighter, hard to stop when he settles in to a rhythm, and he was able to land that left hook more times than I cared to count in the opening round; there were even some cheeky right hand leads that Montiel couldn't / wouldn't counter. Donaire obviously sensed from the off that Montiel was there for the taking.

Time for my grumpy git section - I'm not going to put Donaire as high as number two just yet. I'm not striking Mayweather off my list until he's been inactive for a year, and while Donaire has edged ahead of Martinez now, I still give Marquez the edge over him.

But it's absolutely impossible to have Donaire outside the top five now. Plenty of good fights still available in what is a very good Bantamweight division, though, so he's possibly only one or two more good wins away from proving himself the long-term successor to Pacquiao.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 20 Feb 2011, 1:35 pm

Deleted

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 20 Feb 2011, 1:40 pm

I've got great hopes for Anselmo Moreno, D4, and think he'd be willing to face off against Donaire in a unification bout. He's drawn a line (at least for now) under the Cermeno 'controversy' so the way is paved for a show down with Donaire. Let's just hope he isn't a chicken / coward / ducker like Floyd Mayweather, eh?...
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 24 Feb 2011, 12:48 pm

Thanks Sugar Boy
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down