The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales Vs Argentina - Match statistics

+5
wales606
Seagultaf
Cymroglan
TycroesOsprey
Shifty
9 posters

Go down

Wales Vs Argentina - Match statistics Empty Wales Vs Argentina - Match statistics

Post by Shifty Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:53 am

Wales stats:

Tackles Made:
Andy Powell 14
AW Jones 12
Bradley Davies 9
Paul James 8
James Hook 8

Meteres Made:
George north 52
Andy Powell 48
T.Knoyle 38
J.Davies 33
Halfpenny 21

Lineouts stolen on Opp. Throw:
Bradley Davies 2

Penalties Conceeded:
Adam Jones, Martyn Williams, Bevington 2
Jamie Roberts, Knoyle, James, Hibbard, Bradley Davies, AWJ 1

Turnovers Conceeded:
J.Davies, J.Roberts, Hook, 2
Halfpenny, North, Knoyle, AWJ, M.Williams, tipuric, S.williams 1

Ball Carried: Kick / Pass / Run
Knoyle 5 / 19 / 12
Hook 4 / 17 / 5

Turnovers Conceeded:
Wales 13
Argentina 15

Tackles Made:
Wales 101, 4 missed
Argentina 52, 3 missed

Lineouts won on own throw:
Wales 10 won, 5 lost 66.7%
Argentina 10 won, 2 lost, 83.3%
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Wales Vs Argentina - Match statistics Empty Re: Wales Vs Argentina - Match statistics

Post by Shifty Sun 21 Aug 2011, 10:08 am

On paper Andy Powell looked like he had a good game, 14 tackles made, and was Wales best forward carrying the ball forward.

Poor line out stats for Wales though, Hibbard needs to sort that out.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Wales Vs Argentina - Match statistics Empty Re: Wales Vs Argentina - Match statistics

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 21 Aug 2011, 11:05 am

Not sure about those stats as Powell was definitely pinged for binding incorrectly in the scrum. yet it says he gave away no penalties?

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 21 Aug 2011, 11:18 am

Wales 10 won, 5 lost 66.7%

Very poor

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 21 Aug 2011, 1:38 pm

In the game I watched Tavis Knoyle was doing an incredible amount of tacking around the fringes, an aspect of his game that contributed to hos MOM award. But he does not feature on this list!

Also I remember Hook doing a lot of kicking, some great touch finders, some not so great chips.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 21 Aug 2011, 1:42 pm

Interesting stats, I like these stats posts.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

that line out stat is awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 21 Aug 2011, 4:48 pm

Argentina 52 tackles in 80 mins? Is that right? Seems awfully low.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011, 4:59 pm

They did have most of the posession breaker but I agree that does still seem v low. I'd have thought it would be more in the 70-80 mark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 21 Aug 2011, 5:11 pm

Was hoping you'd have the scrum stats included. Many took the England performance for granted and said the front row would be in for another rough afternoon but once again Adam Jones seems to have silenced the doubters.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:16 pm

Poor article Alyn. I expected to see more Argentina stats as well as the possession and time spens in oppositions half/22 stats when I looked at the title.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by irnbrew Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:30 pm

Sorry Alyn but those stats are not the stats of the game .A friend of mine who deals in stats told me wait till the official stats come out and these are nothing like the proper ones . I was at the game and Powerll missed at least 2to three tackles right in front of us if you watch the recording as i have powell never makes a proper tackle head on nor drives the opposition back he tends to try and wrestle them down and that does,nt work .But i will say no more but wait for the proper ones

irnbrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:56 am

irnbrew wrote:Sorry Alyn but those stats are not the stats of the game .A friend of mine who deals in stats told me wait till the official stats come out and these are nothing like the proper ones . I was at the game and Powerll missed at least 2to three tackles right in front of us if you watch the recording as i have powell never makes a proper tackle head on nor drives the opposition back he tends to try and wrestle them down and that does,nt work .But i will say no more but wait for the proper ones

It's directly off the ESPN website.
http://www.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/match/129702.html

If their inaccurate blame them Wink

I didnt put the Argentina stats in as I didnt think they were relevant to Wales, and we have no Argentina fans to discuss them.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down