The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet Radio shows - KCLR Clear Radio

5 posters

Go down

Internet Radio shows - KCLR Clear Radio Empty Internet Radio shows - KCLR Clear Radio

Post by Davie Thu 27 Jan 2011, 9:34 pm

For those of you 606-ers who enjoy listening to music while browsing forums, I hope you'll be interested in this...

Admins - please feel free to remove if you don't want advertising here, but this is a NON-COMMERCIAL hobby site and we gain nothing from getting new listeners apart from additions to our familiy of music lovers...

KCLR Clear Radio is an non-commercial (i.e. hobby) Internet radio station based in the USA.

I do a three-times-weekly classic rock show on there. Currently scheduled for 8pm to 10pm Monday/Wednesday/Friday UK time.

The sound quality is pretty good for internet radio, streaming at 128kbs and although I have some microphone problems occasionally it all seems to work well at the moment and the music itself plays just fine.

The station is 24 hours, and plays music automatically when there isn't a 'live' DJ to broadcast, although beware, the station isn't ALL classic rock. Different DJs play all kinds of different music.

The website is at www.kclrclearradio.com and from there you can click the 'listen now' links for Real Player, Windows Media Player or Winamp. The is also a chatroom where the current DJ will always be for you to comment on the show or request dedications. You can also contact me while I'm on air using Yahoo messenger ID KCLRDavie or email me at kclrdavie@yahoo.com

Check me out sometime. BTW the Wednesday show is often (but not always) a more laid-back show - still classic rock but tending more to the mellower and bluesy side of rock. Monday and Friday tend to be more 'flat out'

What can you expect to hear on my show? Well there will always be bands such as Rush, Deep Purple, Led Zep, AC/DC, Aerosmith etc etc plus I try to throw in some less well known rock acts, and also play some of the less usual songs from the classic acts (although the classic songs get played too)

Please let me know if you decide to check us out.

Davie

Back to top Go down

Internet Radio shows - KCLR Clear Radio Empty Re: Internet Radio shows - KCLR Clear Radio

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 28 Jan 2011, 3:52 pm

ignore this!

Davie has a thing against bunnies and should therefore not be listened to!
:albino: :albino: :albino:
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Internet Radio shows - KCLR Clear Radio Empty Re: Internet Radio shows - KCLR Clear Radio

Post by Davie Fri 28 Jan 2011, 3:56 pm

I have an idea for a show...

At the Hop - Danny and the Juniors
White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
Rabbit, Rabbit - Chas and Dave

Cheap Trick (featuring Bun E Carlos)

All especially for LJ :albino:

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 28 Jan 2011, 4:07 pm

I prefer a bit of Pink Floyd and the Chillis... but Chas n Dave have a certain je ne sais quoi
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:38 am

How about some Budgie something from the Nightflight album
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:41 am

Must confess I'm not much of a Budgie fan (or should that be fancier?) but I do have some in my collection that could be played if a request came in during the show

Not on air now until Monday evening but let me know if you tune in and I'll give you a namecheck

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LonelyDarth Wed 02 Feb 2011, 6:13 pm

I thought KCLR Clear was a Country station, I've got a BlackBerry app called TuneIn radio and in the Country section it's there, I usually listen to Scotty & Carissa In The Morning (around 11am-2pm UK time), I think it's based in Missouri.

LonelyDarth

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:02 pm

I believe there is a KCLR terrestrial station who use that as their proper call sign (I'm only a humble Brit who never understood US radio call signs - isn't there some distinguishing factor of call signs between east and west of the Mississippi?)

The terrestrial KCLR may well feature country music but I don't know. We on KCLR internet radio also have a weekly country show but we also have just about every other genre at some point in the schedule too

BTW for anyone planning on listening tonight, I have the night off <whereismybeersmilie>

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Tue 08 Feb 2011, 7:01 pm

Listened in last night a good tribute to Gary Moore, Wishbone Ash and a bit of Deep Purple
Good stuff
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 08 Feb 2011, 8:10 pm

Thanks Asdral - it was good to have you along :lol:

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Fri 11 Feb 2011, 10:52 pm

Just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours listening to Davie if you like your music HEAVY on a friday night ,ala Tommy Vance,try and catch him
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 01 Mar 2011, 9:00 pm

Guys - a big thank you to all who have tuned in since 606V2 started. Due to pressures of work and timezones (KCLR being an American owned station), I'm taking a break from presenting on KCLR. I hope to be home from work in time to do a show on Wednesday but my last show (for the time being) will be this Friday 8-10pm UK time.

I'm not quitting completely and hope to do occasional shows from time to time and get back to something more regular when things calm down at work but I've been doing this 3 times a week for almost 3 years and it's time for a break.

Thanks to all 606-ers who have supported the station in the short time 606V2 has been around and I've been fortunate enough to "meet" some of you online. I will be back at some time I've no doubt, but for now it's "Goodnight Hammersmith" Smile

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm

Lets us know when you plan to do a show its always worth listening in
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011, 7:50 pm

Davie - I tried tuning in but the link doesnt work.

Same goes for the email address - whats going on.

I want to listen!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 18 May 2011, 8:21 pm

Hobo - I replied to your PM but for the sake of other readers...

As per my message above, I was taking a sabbatical from KCLR but sadly they had to close because of a change in the rules (and costs) of internet radio.

I'm hearing they may go back online from June 1st on a different link and URL. I'll post it when I get more details

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:21 pm

KCLR are planning to start regular broadcasts again on the 30th June.
I haven't a URL
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 09 Jun 2011, 6:06 am

I think they are going to be www.niteliferadio.com

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down