The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tottenham Hotspurs in talks to sign Scott Parker

2 posters

Go down

Tottenham Hotspurs in talks to sign Scott Parker Empty Tottenham Hotspurs in talks to sign Scott Parker

Post by Crimey Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:17 am

West Ham are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur about signing midfielder Scott Parker. The England player, 30, has been tipped to leave Upton Park since the Hammers' relegation to the Championship in May. Parker has been strongly linked with Tottenham this summer and Spurs failed with a bid to sign him last year.

"I am not in talks (personally) with them but there is some dialogue going on at the moment," West Ham manager Sam Allardyce said. "That is all I am aware of."

Earlier in the summer Chelsea were said to be interested in midfielder, who is rated at £8m.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14684548.stm

Can't work out why Spurs want/need Parker, he's a decent enough player but he's on the wrong side of 30 and they already have a packed midfield, they would definetly have to move somebody on if they do sign Parker.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tottenham Hotspurs in talks to sign Scott Parker Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspurs in talks to sign Scott Parker

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 27 Aug 2011, 10:25 am

Personally think it's a good signing if it happens, though undoubtedly they do have a slightly packed midfield I would prefer Parker instead of Huddlestone or Sandro or Palacios holding the midfield. Think he's quality in honesty, though I'm sure plenty of people will have polarising views.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down