The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So WWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO''s looking forward to the RWC?

+12
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Effervescing Elephant
nathan
doctor_grey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
disneychilly
deadgoat
RubyGuby
bedfordwelsh
Dr Kenneth Noisewater
Taylorman
Biltong
16 posters

Go down

So WWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO''s looking forward to the RWC? Empty So WWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO''s looking forward to the RWC?

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 7:37 am

The time is nearly upon us, where friends will become foe, and we will support the underdogs when our teams aren't playing.

Here you can vent your excitement for the tournament, you can come up with original terminologies about plays that you have seen, you can give players nick names.

The only rule is it must be original, funny and entertaining.

No sour grapes, no sarcasm, no unpleasant remarks.

I'll start off with a few new terminologies.

When a player steam rollers an opponent ala Jonah Lomu style, we will call it "so and so was LOMUED".

When a team lost a match because the opponenent kicked more goals and scored less tries, we call it: "our team was raped and pillaged"

When a player was tackled high or illegally tip tackled, we will call it: "the player was "enforced"

When a team's captain came off second best with the referee, we will call it: "Negotiations failed, and the cheque bounced"

A try scored will simply be called: " the deal has succesfully been concluded"

A maul will be known as "a hostile takeover attempt".

A try scored from a maul will be called " the hostile take over was successful"

A scrum is called: "the meat grinder"

A lineout will be called: "the elevator"

The captain of a team is called: "that other guy" and Richie McCaw is called " Macgyver"

Thugs and bullies will be called: "problem children"

Fans will be called: " aficionados"

Referees will be called " observers" if the referee make bad decisions, we call him: "a blind observer"

A penalty will be called "an unfair advantage"

Television and newspaper reporters are " Corporate spies"

Coaches will be called " advanced rugby manuals" PDV will be called " that rugby manual for dummies"

The forwards are to be called " beasts" and back line players " beauties"

beasts will not be confused with Beast, he is the only one with a Capital in Beast.

So if you were to discribe a match, it would go something like this.

After negotiations failed and the cheque bounced, the blind observer gave the opponents an unfair advantage, they kicked for touch, but fortunately our beasts succesfully won the elevator, they started the hostile takeover which was thwarted by the oppositions' beasts, the ball went out wide to the beauties, who succesfully concluded the deal.

As an aficionado, it was simply a beautiful pice of deal making. Even our rugby manual for dummies couldn't believe his eyes.

Anyway, it is monday, I am vvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy, very excited and can't wait. Yahoo

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

So WWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO''s looking forward to the RWC? Empty Re: So WWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO''s looking forward to the RWC?

Post by Taylorman Mon 05 Sep 2011, 8:45 am

Hi biltong yes excitement is certainly building up here. Just saw the crazy tongan welcome in auckland.
Theres more tongans living in auckland than in tonga itself and seems they were all at theng airport today.
All the theories are racing around about whats needed to win but this week is really about the teams and supporters coming together settling in and obviously a lot of training.
The SA wales game sunday is a big one to start with. Not sure why its first up. Pool deciders should be near the end.
Anyway.
Good luck to SA biltong. If things go right we have a semi meeting and that will be awesome!.
Ill have to print this off so i cam memorise the new terms and phrases as well.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

So WWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO''s looking forward to the RWC? Empty Re: So WWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO''s looking forward to the RWC?

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 8:50 am

Morning Sir.

It seems to be a slow morning on here today.

Best of luck to your team, I am sure they will make you proud.

PDV has been made an honorary Maori and citizen of Auckland, and he said he'll do his best to behave appropriately.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Kenneth Noisewater Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:18 am

Very good Biltong.

Could we re-introduce some classic Bill McLaren lines?

- A fight / handbags will be called a "dust up"

- A badly missed kick will be described as "He kicked that ball like it were three pounds o’ haggis."

- To describe wet conditions " the ball is / was as slippery as a wet trout"

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:25 am

CAN'T BLOOMING WAIT ROLE ON FRIDAY.

C'MON CYMRU
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:25 am

I think its calm before the storm on these boards as theres not a lot happening at the mo.
Here in NZ its all heating up.
Im going to get out and around on the weekend and meet some overseas supporters.
7 Tests around nz on the one weekend.... Coooooool!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

Nice terminology Bilton - I'm hoping that the new phrase on Monday for a team suffering will change from my team Suffered to my team Saffered thumbsup

Just as a nice additional add on bit of banter - when Wales lost to Western Samoa in the 1999 RWC the headline in the Western Mail the next day was "Thank XXX we weren't playing the whole of Samoa" laughing

That's the level of self-deprecation we will all need over the next few weeks apart from one lucky nation of course - Bring it on. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by deadgoat Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:28 am

Finally landed from my roflcopter ride clap great stuff biltong and howzit boet from a fellow saffer thumbsup

deadgoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:20 am

deadgoat wrote:Finally landed from my roflcopter ride clap great stuff biltong and howzit boet from a fellow saffer thumbsup

Wlcome boet, your assistance is greatly needed, we are a few on here.

Myself
Bulssbok (guess who he supports, no clues Doh )
FA0019, he is an englishman married to from what I understand the most beautiful south african woman, so he has a soft spot for us.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by deadgoat Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

No problems bud, is there a fantasy league set up for the WC by any chance?

deadgoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:39 am

No but there is a prediction game on sportguru, exactly the same as superbru. check under the stickys, can't remember where but you could PM an administrator as well.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

As a supporter, well I'm petrified about the prospect of another four years without the World Cup, but also excited as the chance to end that wait starts this Friday.

As a Kiwi, well to be honest I think patriotism's kind of a cop out as you can't help where you're born, but I'm lucky in that I really like the country I call home. I'm excited that so many people will get to experience the country and some things that I've been lucky enough to grow up with. Plus they won't be earning the NZ peso so it should be a favourable experience.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:47 am

"patriotism's kind of a cop out as you can't help where you're born,"

Try telling that to Hape, Flutey and Tuilangi thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:48 am

RubyGuby wrote:"patriotism's kind of a cop out as you can't help where you're born,"

Try telling that to Hape, Flutey and Tuilangi thumbsup

that was money talking bud.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

"that was money talking bud.."

But I saw them singing the anthem though, honest! Is that part of the deal then thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

deadgoat wrote:No problems bud, is there a fantasy league set up for the WC by any chance?

Check out https://www.606v2.com/t11914-rugby-tipping-fantasy-games
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:20 pm

RubyGuby wrote:"that was money talking bud.."

But I saw them singing the anthem though, honest! Is that part of the deal then thumbsup

Their bonuses depends on how well they perform before, during and after the match. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:29 pm

biltongbek,
You have been on some roll lately with your articles. Nice work and funny stuff, to boot. But, you have way too much stuff there for my detioriating memory to retain. I am at the point that all words which come out will be somewhat similar if good or bad things happen:
Bad: Whatisthatmotherlessbastarddoing?
Good: Aboutgoddamtimeyoustupidpieceofmerde

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

i cannot wait for this weekend!! Just wish i were back in NZ, wonderful place with wonderful people!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

doctor_grey wrote:biltongbek,
You have been on some roll lately with your articles. Nice work and funny stuff, to boot. But, you have way too much stuff there for my detioriating memory to retain. I am at the point that all words which come out will be somewhat similar if good or bad things happen:
Bad: Whatisthatmotherlessbastarddoing?
Good: Aboutgoddamtimeyoustupidpieceofmerde

Doc, those can work, but try saying it fast after a few beers. Doesn't exactly roll of the tongue now does it.

Whether you have a deteriorating brain (which I seriously doubt) or an intoxicated brain (after a few frosties) I foresee we will be having some good old banter, so having the opportunity to see the lighter side of life will be crucial to my well being, especially if my team sucks.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:57 pm

OK,
You got me. My language detioriates severely only after a few cold ones (beer not women). But those aren't the actual words, just some rough phonetic equivalent, as far as I can remember.

Just had a thought, as this is an International event, and this is an International board, we could name the beer we are drinking at the moment or, at least were drinking the night before. Kind of give an idea where people's tastes lie.

On a small serious note, I actually can't (and really don't) drink that much because when I perform surgery, I won't have any alcohol within two days prior. Doesn't feel right and I am sure makes the patient feel better.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:01 pm

Fursty Ferret, greatest ale ever brewed. FACT. END OF.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

doctor_grey wrote:OK,
You got me. My language detioriates severely only after a few cold ones (beer not women). But those aren't the actual words, just some rough phonetic equivalent, as far as I can remember.

Just had a thought, as this is an International event, and this is an International board, we could name the beer we are drinking at the moment or, at least were drinking the night before. Kind of give an idea where people's tastes lie.

On a small serious note, I actually can't (and really don't) drink that much because when I perform surgery, I won't have any alcohol within two days prior. Doesn't feel right and I am sure makes the patient feel better.

Ahh, caught you out then.

bit of an oxymoron - a surgeon with a deteriorating brain. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by biltongbek on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

I'll see your Fursty and raise you an O'Hanlon's YellowHammer, Carpe

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:18 pm

I blydi love Yellowhammer, they sell it down at the Port Royal. Have you ever tried the Exeter ales down at the Hourglass? Really good stuff!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

Abbott Ale, or in Wales, Double Dragon

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:38 pm

A lovely pint of Cribyn, brewed locally here in brecon, mmmmmmmmmmmmm............think I'd better go check the fridge

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:38 pm

biltongbek,
Should we tell Carpe the other part of the bargain? That he now has to supply the rest of us with his favourite beer?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:00 pm

So WWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO''s looking forward to the RWC? 177851 Knew there'd be a catch somewhere!!!!!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:03 pm

doctor_grey wrote:biltongbek,
Should we tell Carpe the other part of the bargain? That he now has to supply the rest of us with his favourite beer?

Yeah, but our favourite beer. I would like a dozen Erdingers please, and just to finish me off real well, a dozen Duvels. Ale
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:04 pm

To be honest Doc, I am not much of a drinker myself, but do enjoy the odd glenfiddich.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

Biltong, you might be able to answer a crucially important questions. Do the Saffers still have that senational physio with the jet black hair. Always gets my vote for physio no. 1 in the world. Never like to see anybody get hurt but when herself with the jet black hair trots on with her magic sponge well.....

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:24 pm

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/uRuDMR3hMkk/Springboks+Training+Session/9lNcQ29MRIY/Rene+Naylor

Be careful how you pronounce her surname.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:57 pm

Biltong:
Point 1: Glenfiddich is not a drink. It is mother's mlk! Currently have a bottle of Caoran reserve, 12 years. I know it will be early, but I will tip a glass for you at the kick-off of the Boks-Wales match on Sunday morn.

Point 2: Erdinger. Is this the Erdinger Weissbeir from just outside Munich? I know an Engineer who works for a company near to Erding (where Erdinger comes from). He knows people who work there and was able to get us a tour. Great tour, great Weissbeir. I have to admit I haven't tried Duvels, but I know a lot of people swear by it. I will take it as homework. You are two for two.

Point 3: You must be kidding about the name of that girl. I feel an injury coming on right now. Just a wee bit south of the border. 3 for 3! Fantastic, mate.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

doctor_grey wrote:Biltong:
Point 1: Glenfiddich is not a drink. It is mother's mlk! Currently have a bottle of Caoran reserve, 12 years. I know it will be early, but I will tip a glass for you at the kick-off of the Boks-Wales match on Sunday morn.

Point 2: Erdinger. Is this the Erdinger Weissbeir from just outside Munich? I know an Engineer who works for a company near to Erding (where Erdinger comes from). He knows people who work there and was able to get us a tour. Great tour, great Weissbeir. I have to admit I haven't tried Duvels, but I know a lot of people swear by it. I will take it as homework. You are two for two.

Point 3: You must be kidding about the name of that girl. I feel an injury coming on right now. Just a wee bit south of the border. 3 for 3! Fantastic, mate.

laughing Good on you mate. (we need an emoticon for a glass of glenfiddich)
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:02 pm

biltongbek wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:Biltong:

laughing Good on you mate. (we need an emoticon for a glass of glenfiddich)

We do. If you find one (or better yet a nice Glenmorange or Balvenie) let me know and I'll see what I can do. :finestsinglemaltScotch:

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:03 pm

Well down here it will be mostly speights tui's and lion red for the auks drinkers.
Thousands of litres of the stuff next 6 weeks or so.

This weekend will be truly fantastic with the number of tests on.
Tonga first up gets abs out of the way so we can enjoy the rest.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

By the way I recommend Monteiths for the people visiting NZ over the cup. European style beer with NZ ingredients-you can't go wrong there. Great range too. The Black beer is my favourite beer of all time (visiting 58 countries and living in six means I have tried a fair few) so if you're into dark stuff have a crack at it.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:59 pm

this is typical, we start talking about the RWC, and end up off topic about the best tasting drink on the planet.

Go figure. Headscratch
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 05 Sep 2011, 7:07 pm

Sorry mate - I derailed the conversation. My bad.
But at least I did it with my heart in the right place - beer. And without mentioning poaching of players, biased referees, deliberate food poisoning, boring rugby, choking, or anything other silly thing.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:03 pm

When SA win "Return from Missing in Action"

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

SA Brains have missed a trick not sponsoring the game on Sunday if you think about it thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down