The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undrafted Free Agents

5 posters

Go down

Undrafted Free Agents Empty Undrafted Free Agents

Post by GB1919 Wed 7 Sep - 17:28

I was just wondering if any of you had noticed any free agents during preseason that your teams have held on to and you think might be worth looking out for during the year.

From a Packers perspective we kept hold of a few but the stand-out performer was Vic So'oto at Linebacker. He had had a strong preseason generally but in the final game he came out with our starters and played more or less the whole game (which was largely against the Chiefs starters as they seemed to play all game). He ended up with 1.5 sacks, a forced fumble and an interception returned for a touchdown. He seemed very good at getting round blocks, there were a couple of moves that he had obviously stolen from Clay Matthews and I could imagine him seeing game time fairly quickly as it looks as though we will be using lots of linebackers in different ways this year.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Undrafted Free Agents Empty Re: Undrafted Free Agents

Post by skins4ever Wed 7 Sep - 18:00

Don't think we have any UFA's on the roster, but mighty please that we kept all our rookies (3 to the PS) and didn't end up with the usual 3 or 4 wasted picks.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 7 Sep - 18:44

GB1919 wrote:From a Packers perspective we kept hold of a few but the stand-out performer was Vic So'oto at Linebacker.

I don't tend to watch any of the preaseason games in more than a 5 mins highlight package, but agree that I have heard a bundle of good things about So'oto. As you say, he should get reps given the rotations/formations the Packers.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 7 Sep - 20:06

Mark Herzlich has looked awesome for the Giants.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 7 Sep - 21:12

From what I read, Herzlich looked fantastic before the cancer struck. Its not just amazing to defeat cancer, but to get into not only the same/better physical shape afterwards, but to regain your playing level as well!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by SkinsFan Fri 9 Sep - 0:08

skins4ever wrote:Don't think we have any UFA's on the roster, but mighty please that we kept all our rookies (3 to the PS) and didn't end up with the usual 3 or 4 wasted picks.

Yeah no UFA's, but incredible number of draft picks to start with and to actually have value from them is awesome, factoring in the progression of some players from last years draft i.e Perry Riley and Erik Cook both making the roster from the PS last season, shanny has done a very good job with the drafts.

SkinsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down