The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis Section - Please Read

+3
yummymummy
Josiah Maiestas
dyrewolfe
7 posters

Go down

Tennis Section - Please Read Empty Tennis Section - Please Read

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:05 am

Over the last few days all I am seeing is members having digs at each other, throwing insults around and putting each other down.
Can we please refrain from doing this.

It is not a good environment and I'm sure you are getting sick of it, as much as I am.
I don't want to start issuing temporary bans but unless it stops I am left with little choice.

If you don't agree with someone there is no need to have a pop at them.
We are all lovers of the game so please debate and chat about it without the digs and insults.
We are here to discuss tennis so lets do that instead of having a go at each other.

YI

Back to top Go down

Tennis Section - Please Read Empty Re: Tennis Section - Please Read

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:32 am

Much as I agree with your sentiments YI, I'm afraid its just simple human nature.

Whenever you get a large number of people together, there will inevitably be a number of childish numpties trying to spoil it for everyone. I moderate a board myself and don't hesitate to kick people off if they deserve it. I like to operate the old fashioned "3 Strikes And You're Out" rule. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

Hi YI Man - just to get your attention. Will the questions to Ken Skupski be sent sometime in the coming week? I am wondering whether my last question asking for his viewpoint on the latest bunch of British talent in the boy's tennis made it in time. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

Hi Nore, yes, they are being sent tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:16 pm

All good Y I...I know i've had a quite a few posts deleted, however when a certain poster(s) recycles and copy/pastes whole verses from previous comments; it becomes ridiculous that they are not given some kind of warning to stop them with their agendas...
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:12 pm

Y I Man wrote:Over the last few days all I am seeing is members having digs at each other, throwing insults around and putting each other down.
Can we please refrain from doing this.

It is not a good environment and I'm sure you are getting sick of it, as much as I am.
I don't want to start issuing temporary bans but unless it stops I am left with little choice.

If you don't agree with someone there is no need to have a pop at them.
We are all lovers of the game so please debate and chat about it without the digs and insults.
We are here to discuss tennis so lets do that instead of having a go at each other.

YI

This was my argument all along YI !

Posters (at least certain posters) DON'T have an *opinion* per se - just a way of dissing

their most un-favourite player. It happened all the time on 606 until the forum became

just a travesty, and the same thing is happening here.

That is why a lot of the original 606 peeps have moved on/started their own forums.

The best laid plans of Mice and Men etc......

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:57 pm

I have a question if you say someone's posts are uninteresting is that deemed an insult? Because I would argue that this is a rather broad definition of an insult.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Positively 4th Street Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

I wouldn't deem that an insult socal. Certainly wouldn't take grievous offence if it was aimed at me. The board has degenerated lately, the big events draw more posters and with that can come a decline in quality.

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm

Well I basically said that about someone's posts and had my comment deleted, I don't want to make a big deal about it just want to know what exactly is deemed and insult? because it seems that somethings that aren't personal insults can be interpreted as such.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

socal1976 wrote:I have a question if you say someone's posts are uninteresting is that deemed an insult? Because I would argue that this is a rather broad definition of an insult.
I wouldn't edit or delete a post simply because of that.
It's the personal attacking insults against other posters that is a no go.

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

I will certainly hold my hand up to making rather unpleasant remarks to posters of late. It is based on my anger getting the better of me with the 'part time' posters who come to bash players or Murray for example. I certainly hope they choose not to waste their time in attempting to wind up posters.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:45 pm

legendkillar wrote:I will certainly hold my hand up to making rather unpleasant remarks to posters of late. It is based on my anger getting the better of me with the 'part time' posters who come to bash players or Murray for example. I certainly hope they choose not to waste their time in attempting to wind up posters.

HA !!! That's what I've been trying to convey for the past 6 months LK

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sun 11 Sep 2011, 11:44 pm

LK, I would hope that posters wouldn't waste their time replying to anyone on an obvious wind up - that is what they want! The Foe feature is now working, this is a much easier solution to the problem!

Yummy, whilst I understand the sentiments it is still not an excuse for insulting other posters. That is what the Foe and/or Report functions are for.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down