The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slap on the wrist

+4
Eclipse
droogle
Davie
Faust
8 posters

Go down

Slap on the wrist  Empty Slap on the wrist

Post by Faust Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:11 pm

AP reports that Serena Williams has been fined $2,000 by the U.S. Open for berating the chair umpire during the final.
"You ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way. You're a hater and you're unattractive inside." she said to umpire Eva Asderaki.

Tournament referee Brian Earley issued his ruling Monday, a day after Williams was cited by chair umpire Eva Asderaki for a code violation for verbal abuse during a 6-2, 6-3 loss to Sam Stosur at Flushing Meadows.

Williams earned $1.4 million at the U.S. Open: $900,000 for reaching the final, plus a $500,000 bonus for finishing first in the standings of the U.S. Open Series, which takes into account results at hard-court tuneup tournaments.

The USTA also said Grand Slam committee director Bill Babcock determined ``Williams' conduct ... does not rise to the level of a major offense.'' She was under probation because of an outburst at the 2009 U.S. Open.

According to http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/07/sp...ef=todayspaper Gold badge chair umpires, the highest-rated officials in professional tennis, the ones who work the most important tournaments and matches, make $250 each day at the Open. It is the lowest pay rate for any Grand Slam tournament.

Faust

Back to top Go down

Slap on the wrist  Empty Re: Slap on the wrist

Post by Davie Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:16 pm

"unattractive inside"

That girl has a lot to learn about cutting remarks.

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Faust Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:24 pm

SERENA'S RANT AT U.S OPEN..from
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036471/Serena-Williams-US-Open-outburst-2011-final-umpire-I-truly-despise-you.html

'I don't understand.

'I'm not giving her that game. If anything, we need a replay.

'Aren't you the one that screwed me over last time here? Yeah you are.

'Seriously, you have it out for me?

'I promise you, that's not cool. That's totally not cool.

'I truly despise you.

'If you ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way because you're out of control, you're out of control.

'You're totally out of control. You're a hater and you're just unattractive inside.

'Who would do such a thing? And I never complain. Wow. What a loser.

'You get a code violation because I express who I am. We're in America last I checked.

'Can I get a water? Or am I going to get violated for a water?

'Really, don't even look at me. I promise you don't look at me because I am not... Don't look my way.'

She looks like a linebacker.Can be very intimidating .Asderaki to her cedit seemed unflappable.No apologies offered in the interview afterwords.

Faust

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:02 pm

Pah, that's pocket change for her.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm

The fine is truly pathetic. What was the point in even fining her? Not serious enough to violate her probation. What did she have to do, punch the umpire? The authorities seem to run scared from the top stars these days. Youngsters taking up the sport are never going to be well behaved if they see top stars acting like this and getting away with it.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:47 am

Ironically a slap on the wrist is probably harsher than what she received.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:53 am

I would give her a good kick in the a##s.......more appropriate, what a arrogant b##h
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:57 am

I don't know, I think there is an amusing side to this. Who knows when she retires she could get a job as a commentator and make ads with some of the gems she's provided in her fits of rage. I think there was a guy who was quite successful with that; he used to play in the 80s I think.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:05 am

yes gems as "you are unattractive inside" will stay with me forever. I have always thought about Serena that she was rather unattractive in and out
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:11 am

I remember seeing bits of some random interview at wimbledon a few years ago and her personality came across as fairly endearing as she wasn't talking about or playing tennis. Speaking of gems "you cannot be serious" is a real diamond. Its a good thing these guys chose to pursue tennis.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Priesty Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:33 am

Totally agree that the fine is a joke. It's small change to players like her. Surely docking ranking points or a proper ban or suspension would make far more sense.

Priesty

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:54 am

Really poor decision. 2,000 is nothing for Serena. I really cant wait to see the back of this person. I will be sad to see Venus go though as she is a lovely charachter.

Strange how you can have to people so unalike that grew up together.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down