The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

+26
JJJohnson
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
JDizzle
compelling and rich
Knowsit17
no-mas
6oldenbhoy
Imperial Ghosty
TRUSSMAN66
The genius of PBF
sodhat
Adam D
WelshDevilRob
Il Gialloblu
licence_007
ian_jamsie
eddyfightfan
HumanWindmill
Scottrf
coxy0001
bhb001
The Galveston Giant
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Michaels, Sean
Union Cane
30 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  Empty Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:33 am

Union Cane's Prediction League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Twelve Results

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr v. Victor Ortiz (12) Floyd Mayweather KO4 (EKO)
2. Erik Morales v. Pablo Cesar Cano (12) Erik Morales RTD10 (LKO)
3. Jessie Vargas v. Josesito Lopez (10) Jessie Vargas SD
4. Anthony Crolla v. Juan Montiel (8) Anthony Crolla SD
5. Saul Alvarez v. Alfonso Gomez (12) Saul Alvarez TKO6 (EKO)
6. Tyson Fury v. Nicolai Firtha (12) Tyson Fury TKO5 (EKO)
7. Ryan Greene v. Willie Thompson (10)
8. Willie Casey v. Daniel Kodjo Sassou (8) Willie Casey TKO8 (LKO)
9. Stephen Smith v. Lee Selby (12) Lee Selby TKO8 (LKO)
10. Paul Smith v. Paul Samuels (8) Paul Smith TKO1 (EKO)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Twelve Review

Dirty, cheap shot or opportunistic flash of brilliance?

Ultimately it matters not, the record books show KO4 and Mayweather moves one win away from emulating the great Joe Calzaghe.

Elsewhere there was more great entertainment from Tyson Fury, mixed fortunes for the Smith brothers and a controversial Vegas undercard, but the fight we are all interested in is the battle for the inaugural Union Cane's Prediction League title between coxy0001 and The genius of PBF.

The gauntlet was laid down by coxy0001 with an impressive haul of 12 points, however it wasn't quite enough, the boasts and bravado sounding decidedly hollow now.

Gentlemen, your Champion...

The genius of PBF

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  Ucpl_b10

Final League Table

Position User Name Weekly Score
HWS*
Total Score
The genius of PBF
-
coxy0001
-
Knowsit17
-
rowley
Union Cane
Dazstarr
ian_jamsie
Jdizzle
-
Mind the windows Tino.
-
alma
-
compelling and rich
-
sodhat
-
JJJohnson
-
Eyetoldyouso
-
The Galveston Giant
-
Il Gialloblu
-
TopHat24/7
-
Michaels, Sean
-
WelshDevilRob
-
bhb001
-
------
--------------------
----------
----------
----------
eddyfightfan
-
licence_007
-
prettyboykev
-
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
-
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
-
Boxtthis
-
Super D Boon
-
TRUSSMAN66
-
PPVxHOTTY
-
=30
Sugar Boy Sweetie
=30
Day V Lately
Dominic Dicoco
-
=34
Solder_of_Fortune
=34
Steffan
d260005p
-
Scottrf
-
Lumbering_Jack
-
wow_junky
-
spencerclarke
-
wheelchair1991
-
King Raoh
-
*HWS - Highest individual Weekly Score is used to separate those tied on points, unless I am involved in which case (to avoid accusations of corruption) the Lowest Highest Weekly Score takes precedence.

Predictor of the Week Award

Week One Knowsit17
Week Two Knowsit17
Week Three The genius of PBF
Week Four Sugar Boy Sweetie
Week Five Il Gialloblu
Week Six coxy0001
Week Seven ian_jamsie
Week Eight eddyfightfan
Week Nine coxy0001
Week Ten JJJohnson
Week Eleven Michaels, Sean
Week Twelve prettyboykev

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:38 am

Union Cane wrote:My 'review' section each week shows a deep understanding and knowledge of the fight game, but nobody bothers to read that bit do they.

Paul McCloskey should change his name to McLucky,
Very thought provoking that.........
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:41 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Union Cane wrote:My 'review' section each week shows a deep understanding and knowledge of the fight game, but nobody bothers to read that bit do they.

Umm, I was thinking the same myself Union. Despite the fact you have been truly ghastly towards me today, I am happy to admit you are usually quite amusing. That one was way below the standard of your usual work.

In fact, dare I say it, a bit Towzeresque.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:43 am

Noted.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:

Umm, I was thinking the same myself Union. Despite the fact you have been truly ghastly towards me today, I am happy to admit you are usually quite amusing. That one was way below the standard of your usual work.

Nowhere near enough L*L's or references to someone getting destroyed or offers to meet up for him to give you a hiding to approach towseresque standards

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:46 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:

LOLz
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:50 am

ONE THOUSAND REPLIES!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:52 am

rowley wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:

Nowhere near enough L*L's or references to someone getting destroyed or offers to meet up for him to give you a hiding to approach towseresque standards

Did YT ever offer to someone up for a scrap then? I must have missed that one, not saying I would have offered him a fight or anything.

I remember being a "reader" on the old site and someone offering Union a fight over t'internet as well. Can't remember his/her name but they kept calling him spineless or something like that.

For the record, I think Union bottled it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:54 am

This is the 1k post
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:56 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I remember being a "reader" on the old site and someone offering Union a fight over t'internet as well. Can't remember his/her name but they kept calling him spineless or something like that.

Could have been any one of many, I used to have a propensity for rubbing people up the wrong way.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 am

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I remember being a "reader" on the old site and someone offering Union a fight over t'internet as well. Can't remember his/her name but they kept calling him spineless or something like that.

Could have been any one of many, I used to have a propensity for rubbing people up the wrong way.

Were you my old P.E teacher?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:59 am

...and the circle is complete.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:34 am

Hearing that McCall - Cooper could have been cancelled last month, not sure if that's true or not.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:42 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:Hearing that McCall - Cooper could have been cancelled last month, not sure if that's true or not.

You could be right GG, I can't find anything anywhere. I don't think the IBU are going to email me back either, so sod it, fight is void.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:46 am

Does anyone ever make predictions on here anymore?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:47 am

bhb001 wrote:Does anyone ever make predictions on here anymore?

That's very unfair bhb. Not only have I made mine for the final week, I made them for the following week without even knowing the fights.

Apology accepted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 am

McCall and Cooper can b0ll0cks, fight is void, PotW etc updated.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:54 am

Union Cane wrote:McCall and Cooper can b0ll0cks, fight is void, PotW etc updated.

Please give PotW to me Union. Change your mind, it's your tournament. Post of the day on Friday followed by this would be monumental. It would be a small stick to beat jeff with as well.

I'll do that thing you like?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:56 am

[quote="Mind the windows Tino."]
Union Cane wrote:

I believe it is banned in the UK as well as all states of the US bar Texas.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:56 am

Union Cane wrote:McCall and Cooper can b0ll0cks, fight is void, PotW etc updated.

Please give PotW to me Union. Change your mind, it's your tournament. Post of the day on Friday followed by this would be monumental. It would be a small stick to beat jeff with as well.

Let him have it Union, simple things please simple minds as the old saying goes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:58 am

Please give PotW to me Union

Think he meant to say "Please give it to me whilst watching POV" judging by the
comment

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:59 am

I've already give it Michaels though.

Tino, you can have next week's.

(Provided that you score loads more points than anyone else.)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:01 am

rowley wrote:

Let him have it Union, simple things please simple minds as the old saying goes.

We really have developed a love/hate relationship haven't we. I love you and you hate me. It's a shame that it's come to this but such is life.

And Sean, you really are a tryer aren't you! That pesky quote function is still proving problematic.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:04 am

I was again trying to be nice, seems obvious from the neediness that leapt of the screen when discussing the predictor of the week you have not really acheived anything of note in your life or won anything so thought this would be something of an ego boost for you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:06 am

At least you know about boxing Tino, which is more than can be said for me.

I "know sack", whatever that is.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:08 am

Get in. Poster of the week!!!!!

I now just need to get Windy back on side and pick up a post of the day award and my rehablitation is complete.

Look out for 'Michaels: Hero to zero and back again' in selected book stores over the coming months.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:09 am

*It might have been that I "don't know sack" actually, whatever that is, I can't remember.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 am

You called me simple. How can that possibly be nice. Thick and simple are the two names you've called me today.

I am going to rise above it.

I did come first (leave it Coxy) in the 100 metres backstroke at our school swimming gala actually.

The race was over 200 metres though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:Get in. Poster of the week!!!!!

It's Predictor of the Week, not Poster.

And you got it for being crud.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:14 am

Union Cane wrote:

I think Union has the painters in today.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:16 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You called me simple. How can that possibly be nice. Thick and simple are the two names you've called me today.

I am going to rise above it.

I did come first (leave it Coxy) in the 100 metres backstroke at our school swimming gala actually.

The race was over 200 metres though.

I was our house table tennis champion at school, thats probably where you've heard the name before. All good natured you understand, trust me you'll know if I don't like you

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:16 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Probably because he's still waiting on the results to come in from the 4 rounder to come in from Spluffintheholezia that is delaying his cup prediction thing.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:17 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:I think Union has the painters in today.

There are those that would be (creepily) grateful to receive such an honour you know.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:17 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Think he has the whole DIY SOS team in actually.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:20 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

The what?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:20 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Think he has the whole DIY SOS team in actually.

They wouldn't come, as my wife isn't dead, my children aren't disabled and I haven't got a three legged dog.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:21 am

Union Cane wrote:

They wouldn't come, as my wife isn't dead, my children aren't disabled and I haven't got a three legged dog.

Your wife is also not real which probably counts against you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:22 am

rowley wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Your wife is also not real which probably counts against you.

Good point.

Oh, and I'm not lazy enough to let my house turn into a sh!thole and I'm not on benefits.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:22 am

coxy0001 wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

The what?

Coxy, you are young and carefree, you won't have watched it.

Stick to downloading midget porn on your laptop.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:25 am

coxy0001 wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

The what?

Moved on to fat grandmas actually

And 29 is hardly young, certainly not carefree (women are evil)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:29 am

coxy0001 wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

The what?

Moved on to fat grandmas actually

And 29 is hardly young, certainly not carefree (women are evil)

You're 29?

Wonders never cease.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:30 am

I know, so much intellect makes me seem older

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:30 am

I'm sure he was 29 on the old 606 too.

In 2008.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:32 am

Union Cane wrote:I'm sure he was 29 on the old 606 too.

In 2008.

Turning 30 in January, joys.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:33 am

So you have 1 birthday every 3 years?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:34 am

No, i was 25 when Jan 1st came along in 2008.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:45 am

As you're all men of the world, do you think it is inappropriate to shake your fiancee's best (female) mate's hand upon meeting her for the first time? I got ridiculed for it at the weekend. Admittedly she did go for the hug / kiss on the cheek combo first.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:46 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:As you're all men of the world, do you think it is inappropriate to shake your fiancee's best (female) mate's hand upon meeting her for the first time? I got ridiculed for it at the weekend. Admittedly she did go for the hug / kiss on the cheek combo first.

You have a fiancee?

Shocked
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:48 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:As you're all men of the world, do you think it is inappropriate to shake your fiancee's best (female) mate's hand upon meeting her for the first time? I got ridiculed for it at the weekend. Admittedly she did go for the hug / kiss on the cheek combo first.

You actually know real women?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:49 am

Union Cane wrote:

You have a fiancee?

Shocked

If we're willing to believe you have a wife I'll buy that Sean has a fiancee. Shaking hands is better than the kiss on both cheeks, that kind of thing simply does not fly in Yorkshire

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next