The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

+26
JJJohnson
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
JDizzle
compelling and rich
Knowsit17
no-mas
6oldenbhoy
Imperial Ghosty
TRUSSMAN66
The genius of PBF
sodhat
Adam D
WelshDevilRob
Il Gialloblu
licence_007
ian_jamsie
eddyfightfan
HumanWindmill
Scottrf
coxy0001
bhb001
The Galveston Giant
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Michaels, Sean
Union Cane
30 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  - Page 4 Empty Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

Post by Union Cane Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Union Cane's Prediction League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Twelve Results

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr v. Victor Ortiz (12) Floyd Mayweather KO4 (EKO)
2. Erik Morales v. Pablo Cesar Cano (12) Erik Morales RTD10 (LKO)
3. Jessie Vargas v. Josesito Lopez (10) Jessie Vargas SD
4. Anthony Crolla v. Juan Montiel (8) Anthony Crolla SD
5. Saul Alvarez v. Alfonso Gomez (12) Saul Alvarez TKO6 (EKO)
6. Tyson Fury v. Nicolai Firtha (12) Tyson Fury TKO5 (EKO)
7. Ryan Greene v. Willie Thompson (10)
8. Willie Casey v. Daniel Kodjo Sassou (8) Willie Casey TKO8 (LKO)
9. Stephen Smith v. Lee Selby (12) Lee Selby TKO8 (LKO)
10. Paul Smith v. Paul Samuels (8) Paul Smith TKO1 (EKO)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Twelve Review

Dirty, cheap shot or opportunistic flash of brilliance?

Ultimately it matters not, the record books show KO4 and Mayweather moves one win away from emulating the great Joe Calzaghe.

Elsewhere there was more great entertainment from Tyson Fury, mixed fortunes for the Smith brothers and a controversial Vegas undercard, but the fight we are all interested in is the battle for the inaugural Union Cane's Prediction League title between coxy0001 and The genius of PBF.

The gauntlet was laid down by coxy0001 with an impressive haul of 12 points, however it wasn't quite enough, the boasts and bravado sounding decidedly hollow now.

Gentlemen, your Champion...

The genius of PBF

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  - Page 4 Ucpl_b10

Final League Table

Position User Name Weekly Score
HWS*
Total Score
The genius of PBF
-
coxy0001
-
Knowsit17
-
rowley
Union Cane
Dazstarr
ian_jamsie
Jdizzle
-
Mind the windows Tino.
-
alma
-
compelling and rich
-
sodhat
-
JJJohnson
-
Eyetoldyouso
-
The Galveston Giant
-
Il Gialloblu
-
TopHat24/7
-
Michaels, Sean
-
WelshDevilRob
-
bhb001
-
------
--------------------
----------
----------
----------
eddyfightfan
-
licence_007
-
prettyboykev
-
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
-
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
-
Boxtthis
-
Super D Boon
-
TRUSSMAN66
-
PPVxHOTTY
-
=30
Sugar Boy Sweetie
=30
Day V Lately
Dominic Dicoco
-
=34
Solder_of_Fortune
=34
Steffan
d260005p
-
Scottrf
-
Lumbering_Jack
-
wow_junky
-
spencerclarke
-
wheelchair1991
-
King Raoh
-
*HWS - Highest individual Weekly Score is used to separate those tied on points, unless I am involved in which case (to avoid accusations of corruption) the Lowest Highest Weekly Score takes precedence.

Predictor of the Week Award

Week One Knowsit17
Week Two Knowsit17
Week Three The genius of PBF
Week Four Sugar Boy Sweetie
Week Five Il Gialloblu
Week Six coxy0001
Week Seven ian_jamsie
Week Eight eddyfightfan
Week Nine coxy0001
Week Ten JJJohnson
Week Eleven Michaels, Sean
Week Twelve prettyboykev

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  - Page 4 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:18 am

Will continue with the good vibes and wish you equally as well Tino hope you finish a point behind me. Would also share your wish that coxy does not win, however as our other main option appears to be a kid who pretends he is Floyd Mayweather am not sure the options are any more appetising

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  - Page 4 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:25 am

rowley wrote:Will continue with the good vibes and wish you equally as well Tino hope you finish a point behind me. Would also share your wish that coxy does not win, however as our other main option appears to be a kid who pretends he is Floyd Mayweather am not sure the options are any more appetising

It is certainly a paradox jeff.

A man (boy/girl) who pertends to be the worlds premier boxer, or a bad tempered oik who has been 29 for the last 5 years.

Still going for the fantasist myself.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:27 am

There is always Knowsit, he's lurking ominously and did lead the pack for nine weeks...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:27 am

Agree Union think he would be my choice, simply can't bring myself to back either of the other two

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:28 am

Union Cane is well placed too...(and popular)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

Well if you still consider yourself a contender Union guess that makes me one. Am sure there would be no more popular a winner than my good self.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

If I am in with a shout, you must be an outsider yourself jeff.

Union, will you hand the trophy back if you win? Like those people who win their own raffle prizes?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:If I am in with a shout, you must be an outsider yourself jeff.

Union, will you hand the trophy back if you win? Like those people who win their own raffle prizes?

Yes, I will print it off and then post it back to myself.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:55 am

Whilst we're on the subject, if you thought alma's trophy for the knockout competition was impressive, wait till you see what I've got lined up for this one.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:01 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:Will continue with the good vibes and wish you equally as well Tino hope you finish a point behind me. Would also share your wish that coxy does not win, however as our other main option appears to be a kid who pretends he is Floyd Mayweather am not sure the options are any more appetising

A man (boy/girl) who pertends to be the worlds premier boxer, or a bad tempered oik who has been 29 for the last 5 years.

Bad tempered!? Wherever have you got that from? When have i ever had a go at you!?

Rest assured when i do win i will be writing a victory thread speech, i will inform you all of #10s response to organising a ticker tape parade for me through The Mall as well so you can all come an attend and cheer me as a i wave.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:03 am

Union Cane wrote:Whilst we're on the subject, if you thought alma's trophy for the knockout competition was impressive, wait till you see what I've got lined up for this one.

Spoiler:

Is that it?!?!?!!!!???

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:09 am

Union Cane wrote:Whilst we're on the subject, if you thought alma's trophy for the knockout competition was impressive, wait till you see what I've got lined up for this one.

I'm not sure I can wait Union. I haven't been this excited since my old maths teacher bent down in front of me to pick up a piece of chalk.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:10 am

What was his name?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

coxy0001 wrote:

Bad tempered!? Wherever have you got that from? When have i ever had a go at you!?

It was merely an observation old boy. I am yet to receive a tongue lashing from you. Perhaps if I question the role of a golf caddy I might feel your wrath....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

Scottrf wrote:What was his name?

Mr Atkins. Do you know him?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:15 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It was merely an observation old boy. I am yet to receive a tongue lashing from you. Perhaps if I question the role of a golf caddy I might feel your wrath....

Or any major sport, coxy is just below pro level in them all, and would have been pro if not for the supermodels that distracted him from sport.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:17 am

Scottrf wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It was merely an observation old boy. I am yet to receive a tongue lashing from you. Perhaps if I question the role of a golf caddy I might feel your wrath....

Or any major sport, coxy is just below pro level in them all, and would have been pro if not for the supermodels that distracted him from sport.

I feel this is all going to end in tears Scott.

Union, I take no responsibility for your thread descending into chaos.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:20 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Union, I take no responsibility for your thread descending into chaos.

I wasn't aware that it had ever ascended above chaos to be honest...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

Scottrf wrote:

Beer was more a deciding influence, that and realising i wasn't gonna make it so i may as well get hammered than spending all summer hitting ball after ball only to make it to europro/challenge tour level

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:23 am

You drink? Would never have guessed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

You should have been a pro caddy.

How are you at passing towels?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

Scottrf wrote:You drink? Would never have guessed.

Meths will do that to a bloke

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

Union Cane wrote:You should have been a pro caddy.

It was the passing raincoats that let him down. As he said, rain is the test of an elite caddy.

Pass the coat too early and the bulkiness could disrupt rhythm, pass it too late the player gets wet.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:28 am

Scottrf wrote:

It was the passing raincoats that let him down. As he said, rain is the test of an elite caddy.

Pass the coat too early and the bulkiness could disrupt rhythm, pass it too late the player gets wet.

Keeping everything dry more like

And no, i didn't take up drinking until 2 weeks ago

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

I'm sure coxy used to caddy for Nick Faldo.

Oh no, that was a different one.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:30 am

coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I invested in a cover that goes over the top of my bag. Some golf clubs are even offering lessons in the use of an umbrella.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:32 am

Can I share something with you chaps as I don't actually have "real" friends.

When I was walking to the train station this morning, a few yards in front of me, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something drop from a tree. I thought it was a drop of water or something but on closer inspection, it was a wasp that had become involved in some sort of scrap with a grasshopper. It was stuck to it's back and the grasshopper was thrashing around wildly on the pavement. Scary stuff and I wanted to get involved but don't like intervening with nature. I had to leave quickly as I was in danger of missing my train so I am not sure how the fight progressed. Strange.

You may or may not be interested, but I have been weighed down by it all morning and needed to get it off my chest.

Tito.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:34 am

rowley wrote:

I registered with a doc the other day as i've torn my abductor muscle (interesting story attached to the actual appointment). They made me complete a questionnaire within which one section concerned alcohol consumption. I reckon I was at least twice the rate of their highest consumption category, it didn't give me a higher choice. Should I be worried or is the world just going soft?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:
rowley wrote:

I registered with a doc the other day as i've torn my abductor muscle (interesting story attached to the actual appointment). They made me complete a questionnaire within which one section concerned alcohol consumption. I reckon I was at least twice the rate of their highest consumption category, it didn't give me a higher choice. Should I be worried or is the world just going soft?
Soft mate. Their recommended weekly consumption is a quiet night in.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

Tito suspect if you share your grasshopper wasp story with a few more folk your lack of friends will be a dim and distant memory. Alternatively you could save it until you end up on the after dinner circuit, as it is a belter.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I invested in a cover that goes over the top of my bag. Some golf clubs are even offering lessons in the use of an umbrella.

Lets not start again

Players will demand everything is like it would be in sunny dry conditions. I can guarantee your umbrella and cover don't quite manage that.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:36 am

coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Lets not start again

Players will demand everything is like it would be in sunny dry conditions. I can guarantee your umbrella and cover don't quite manage that.
Both 100% waterproof. No joke.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:37 am

rowley wrote:Tito suspect if you share your grasshopper wasp story with a few more folk your lack of friends will be a dim and distant memory. Alternatively you could save it until you end up on the after dinner circuit, as it is a belter.

Thanks rovvley, knew I could count on your support.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:37 am

rowley wrote:Tito suspect if you share your grasshopper wasp story with a few more folk your lack of friends will be a dim and distant memory. Alternatively you could save it until you end up on the after dinner circuit, as it is a belter.
Better or worse than D4's story about going to the pub because he was early for the train?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:38 am

It seems it was missed first time round, it is a good one so I will repeat it.

"I'm sure coxy used to caddy for Nick Faldo.

Oh no, that was a different one."
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:39 am

Scottrf wrote:
Better or worse than D4's story about going to the pub because he was early for the train?

That sounds like a cracker. Please elaborate.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

Scottrf wrote:

Better because it has the possibility it is true, D4 is nowhere near old enough to get served.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

Union Cane wrote:It seems it was missed first time round, it is a good one so I will repeat it.

"I'm sure coxy used to caddy for Nick Faldo.

Oh no, that was a different one."

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  - Page 4 >

Last edited by Michaels, Sean on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Can I share something with you chaps as I don't actually have "real" friends.

When I was walking to the train station this morning, a few yards in front of me, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something drop from a tree. I thought it was a drop of water or something but on closer inspection, it was a wasp that had become involved in some sort of scrap with a grasshopper. It was stuck to it's back and the grasshopper was thrashing around wildly on the pavement. Scary stuff and I wanted to get involved but don't like intervening with nature. I had to leave quickly as I was in danger of missing my train so I am not sure how the fight progressed. Strange.

You may or may not be interested, but I have been weighed down by it all morning and needed to get it off my chest.

Tito.

Has it occurred to you that they weren't fighting but rather the grasshopper was rabbiting the wasp like a wilderbeast?!

Spoiler:

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:43 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Steffan actually. Speaking of Hereford:

"Iv changed trains there a few times. Had to wait an hour once so went to that pub round the corner (by a Morrisons store I think?) for a couple."

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:45 am

Scottrf wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Steffan actually. Speaking of Hereford:

"Iv changed trains there a few times. Had to wait an hour once so went to that pub round the corner (by a Morrisons store I think?) for a couple."

Magic.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:48 am

SIX HUNDRED!!!!!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:50 am

Union Cane wrote:SIX HUNDRED!!!!!

Is that how many grams of Viagra it takes to give Windy some movement?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:51 am

Coxy I don't know whether I am nervous or slightly aroused by that image.

Anyway, I can see that many of you are interested, so I took the trouble to look into this in a bit more detail.

My investigations have led me to believe that it was, actually, a European Hornet whose diet consists mainly of large insects such grasshoppers, flies, bees, and yellow jackets.

Never too old to stop learning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:53 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Coxy I don't know whether I am nervous or slightly aroused by that image.

Anyway, I can see that many of you are interested, so I took the trouble to look into this in a bit more detail.

My investigations have led me to believe that it was, actually, a European Hornet whose diet consists mainly of large insects such grasshoppers, flies, bees, and yellow jackets.

Never too old to stop learning.

Do they get rabbitted like a wilderbeast before consuming said large insects?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

What was the grasshopper doing up the tree in the first place?

Surely he should have been hopping in the grass, not climbing up trees. Deserves everything he got in my opinion.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:55 am

Union Cane wrote:What was the grasshopper doing up the tree in the first place?

Surely he should have been hopping in the grass, not climbing up trees. Deserves everything he got in my opinion.

I didn't ask him Union.

Did you not listen, I was late for my train.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:56 am

I didn't ask him Union.

Should have got there early. Could have went to the pub by Morrissons.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:57 am

I didn't ask him Union.

See, i'd have picked them both up and put them on the table to continue their fight. Just think, the whole carriage could've come and watched... you could've assigned a time keeper for the 3 min rounds... corner men... cut me... all sorts!

Could've also run a book on who wins

Missed out there Tino

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:58 am

Don't tell Truss but.......

If you do decide to eat grasshoppers, they are very nutritious. For instance, a large grasshopper can have 20.6 grams of protein and a small one can have around 14.3 grams.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next