The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Rogan's WBU heavweight title fight called off

+2
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Kingshu
6 posters

Go down

Martin Rogan's WBU heavweight title fight called off Empty Martin Rogan's WBU heavweight title fight called off

Post by Kingshu Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14944278.stm

Martin Rogan's WBU heavyweight title clash against Panama's Lewis Andreas Pineda scheduled for the Odyssey Arena in Belfast on 27 October is off.

The British Boxing Board of Control is understood to have refused to sanction the bout amid doubts over the ownership of the WBU belt.

"I got word that the board was meeting to discuss the fight and the WBU on Wednesday night.

"This is the same body that recognised the WBU when Ricky Hatton was a champion, Eamonn Magee and Micky Ward.

"So I am at odds to understand why it's good enough for some but not for me. I have done everything by the book.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Martin Rogan's WBU heavweight title fight called off Empty Re: Martin Rogan's WBU heavweight title fight called off

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:16 am

The board should be applauded for refusing to recognise these mickey mouse belts and bodies. They did the same to Tony Dodson.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Martin Rogan's WBU heavweight title fight called off Empty Re: Martin Rogan's WBU heavweight title fight called off

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

Rogan is living in la la land. Everyone in Ireland is laughing at the fact he assumes the public are gonna buy into this shambles of a fight.

He thinks he's popular but in fac he's a joke.

Great decision. As if this was ever gonna sell out the odyssey arena haha. Rogan would be lucky to sell out a phonebox in Ireland. He's a character yes, but it takes more than a character to sell out a 10'000 seater arena.

Don't care for him at all with the ducking fury then trying to con us braindead Irish folk!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

Anything that pushes him towards fighting Fury is a good thing. We do need to clear a few of the more obvious "players" off the board

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:11 am

karma, maybe rogan can now appreciated what its like to have a fight pulled from under you when everything is in place- fury must be smiling

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

Matt Skelton was the last to hold the WBU Heavyweight belt, winning it in 2005. He never defended it, but the linear path is this :

25/02/2005 Matt Skelton
25/02/2006 Danny Williams
08/07/2006 Matt Skelton
19/01/2008 Ruslan Chagaev
20/06/2009 Wladimir Klitschko

Wlad versus Rogan. I'd pay to watch that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down