The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit?

+31
liverbnz
blaineyboy
Crimey
Fernando
BigPhil
TopHat24/7
erictheblueuk
User Name
All Time Great
sirfredperry
legendkillar
AlexHuckerby
A Fine Folk.
ReallyReal
Diggers
JPX
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Lumbering_Jack
Sugar Floyd Louis
GG
Kenny
Don Corleone187
sodhat
dublfcynwa
jro786
Davie
JDandfries
dondelero
Beer
ADMIN
GillesSimon
35 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit? Empty Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit?

Post by GillesSimon Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

Don`t get me wrong, I despise the guy, but he seems almost a different person as a Sky pundit. Anyone think the same? Not as bias as I thought he would be. Maybe it`s just a fake Gary Neville Shocked

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit? Empty Re: Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit?

Post by ADMIN Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:29 pm

I'm a Utd fan so I'm not overly bothered if he shows a bias towards them but I do genuinely think he's doing a cracking job.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit? Empty Re: Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit?

Post by Beer Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

I was very much on the 'oh god, not this idiot' side of the fence but i think he's doing a great job. And i've not seen alot of United bias, infact i thought he was very pro Chelsea on Sunday.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

Gary Neville always spoke well and made sense. In the Utd games he has covered even the 8-2 he was very balanced and accurate in his opinions. Also Jamie Redknapp is put in his place more regularly now.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

He has been great, and unlike rednapp (with buddies JT, Lamps etc) is capable of being unbiased, even when his mates are playing.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

I thought Neville only had one mate?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:19 pm

He surprised me when he wore that D'Artagnan beard laughing

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:29 pm

no

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

He's a rubbish pundit imo, not in the same league as Jamie Redknapp for being rubbish but I think all the pundits on sky are awful.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm

I agree with dublfcynwa.

Think Sky's pundits are pretty poor these days. Wilkins is terrible, Sounness is boring, Neville is alright, Redknapp is laughable.

My favourite pundits are the two guys that do the Spanish football, very knowledgable and don't make you mute the telly.

Back to top Go down

Post by GillesSimon Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:00 am

Sainty wrote:I agree with dublfcynwa.

Think Sky's pundits are pretty poor these days. Wilkins is terrible, Sounness is boring, Neville is alright, Redknapp is laughable.

My favourite pundits are the two guys that do the Spanish football, very knowledgable and don't make you mute the telly.

That Spanish guy is Guillem Balague. He is by far the best pundit, pity he doesn`t do the PL.

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:25 am

i hate gary neville and i hate him as a pundit.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:37 am

He's alright, yes.

But I don't really enjoy the studio side of sky at the moment, I think they deperately need someone on the same level to replace Richard Keys.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 21 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i hate gary neville and i hate him as a pundit.
because?

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Corleone187 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:25 pm

No offence to Gary Neville but he has a face only a mother could love.
Don Corleone187
Don Corleone187

Back to top Go down

Post by GillesSimon Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

Don Corleone187 wrote:No offence to Gary Neville but he has a face only a mother could love.

Is he not married then? kiss

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Corleone187 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:43 pm

GillesSimon wrote:
Don Corleone187 wrote:No offence to Gary Neville but he has a face only a mother could love.

When your husband is a millionaire looks don't really matter if you know what I mean. Very Happy
Don Corleone187
Don Corleone187

Back to top Go down

Post by GillesSimon Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

Don Corleone187 wrote:
GillesSimon wrote:

When your husband is a millionaire looks don't really matter if you know what I mean. Very Happy

Good point. Wink

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 21 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

He is shocking as a pundit , the tone of his voice makes me want to smash the tv . I have stopped watching pundits talking as they are all crap
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

That's the one, cheers Gilles.

I like the commentators for the Spanish side too.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

GillesSimon wrote:
Sainty wrote:I agree with dublfcynwa.

That Spanish guy is Guillem Balague. He is by far the best pundit, pity he doesn`t do the PL.

Agree with you. Nevillle is the best of a bad bunch that do the PL. Redknapp is so bad its not even funny.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

I'm surprised too.......... @ just how much he resembles a rat in HD.

Laugh

Joking, he is a good pundit.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:17 pm

Not sure why you people just can't respect Neville leaving aside his Utd connections. He's is far and above the best pundit Sky have at the moment and you all know it.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:32 pm

Think he is doing a good job, but he is always going to have his haters.

If Kevin Phillips is ever a sky pundit I will always hate him because of his connections to S*nderland.

Nature of the beast I'm afraid.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:16 am

dondelero wrote:Not sure why you people just can't respect Neville leaving aside his Utd connections. He's is far and above the best pundit Sky have at the moment and you all know it.

Rat boy is an awful pundit and an even worse commentator. He has always got to say what the player should of done and goes on, and on and on rather then just little quips every now and again.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Rat boy is an awful pundit and an even worse commentator. He has always got to say what the player should of done and goes on, and on and on rather then just little quips every now and again.

Well for someone who has just started, the Neviller is doing better than most who have been at Sky for years. How can you say he's an awful pundit? You may not like the fact that he played for Utd but try to be objective.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:02 am

I am being objective and he is an awful annoying pundit and am fed up of him explaining what the player should have done when they make an error. Even strikers FFS. We all know anyway but has he got to higlight it like were all thick and he's a fountain of football knowledge.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:23 am

He's a lot better than I thought he would be, but you just get the impression when he has to compliment a rival of Uniteds, he's doing it through gritted teeth!

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

i believe neiville is not a good pundit but it's only the start
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:28 am

I cant believe anyone thinks he is good, I seriously think he is borderline unwatchable. He looks fidgety and nervous in front of the camera, constantly erring and emming, doesnt have a clear speaking voice.
Im not a Man Utd or Neville hater, far from it, I just think he is genuinely incredibly poor. Obviously you cant expect an ex pro to be as good as a trained presenter but I think someone like Jamie Redknapp is much more relaxed and watchable and to be honest takes as much sense as Neville mutters. But however much sense you talk in what is effectively a presenter role you have to be at ease with the camera and he just isn't.
At least he's got rid of stupid the goatee I suppose but the PR team have an awful Lot of work to do IMO.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

i think he is an awful pundit, to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

He is poor, but that just makes him average by SKYs very low standards.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:17 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I am being objective and he is an awful annoying pundit and am fed up of him explaining what the player should have done when they make an error. Even strikers FFS. We all know anyway but has he got to higlight it like were all thick and he's a fountain of football knowledge.

You have just described what pundits are meant to do. You and most on this forum need to take off your ABU glasses.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:27 pm

dondelero wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I am being objective and he is an awful annoying pundit and am fed up of him explaining what the player should have done when they make an error. Even strikers FFS. We all know anyway but has he got to higlight it like were all thick and he's a fountain of football knowledge.

You have just described what pundits are meant to do. You and most on this forum need to take off your ABU glasses.

Dont mind that cr@p after the match but not during whilst commentating. Egghead

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:35 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
dondelero wrote:

Dont mind that cr@p after the match but not during whilst commentating. Egghead

Very harsh indeed. The majority of his calls during the Villa-QPR game were correct.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:02 pm

You've can't be biased as a pundit I guess, but I aswell as you am surprised. I enjoy him and he would indeed be in my Pundit Dream Team along Geoff Stelling and Jamie Redknapp.
One bloke I can't stand, Ray 'The Crab' Wilkins.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:40 am

the only thing thats suprised me about him is that the times when he has been in the studio i havent smashed my telly in.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:27 am

dondelero wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Rat boy is an awful pundit and an even worse commentator. He has always got to say what the player should of done and goes on, and on and on rather then just little quips every now and again.

Well for someone who has just started, the Neviller is doing better than most who have been at Sky for years. How can you say he's an awful pundit? You may not like the fact that he played for Utd but try to be objective.

as much as i say this, neiville is not a pundit nor i rate him as one, but he is average at least

neiville needs to be with jeff stelling on soccer saturday to learn about punditry then flash yourself in the live matches
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:01 am

Truthfully and honestly he puts Hansen in the shade on defensive analysis. I saw that analysis he did on Monday and I have to say it was the best analysis on defence I have seen. Understanding the space to cover in defence and positioning. Andy Gray was good when talking about attacking, but I think Gary has been refreshing. I liked him at half time during the Arsenal and Chelsea game, and genuinally you could see how peeved he was with the standard of defending. Jamie Redknapp is awful and should stick to sports quiz shows!!!

I think Neville and Shearer are the best in terms of punditry at the moment. If you can look past he played for Utd, he knows what he is talking about having played under the best manager these shores have seen and has had the success to back his credentials.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:19 pm

jro786 wrote:
dondelero wrote:

as much as i say this, neiville is not a pundit nor i rate him as one, but he is average at least

neiville needs to be with jeff stelling on soccer saturday to learn about punditry then flash yourself in the live matches

As stated already for someone who has just started he is doing an excellent job. How you guys can say that he is "average at least" is incredible. It maybe that you are not actually listening to what he is saying.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:23 pm

dondelero wrote:
jro786 wrote:
dondelero wrote:

As stated already for someone who has just started he is doing an excellent job. How you guys can say that he is "average at least" is incredible. It maybe that you are not actually listening to what he is saying.

Your right im not listening to him , when i know hes on i turn over .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

dondelero wrote:
jro786 wrote:
dondelero wrote:

i can't stand neiville, rodney marsh is alot better than neiville
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:15 pm

Could be that the reason why so many sports fans dislike commentators is that the commentators are aiming at the general listener and not the aficianado.
Well. that's OK it if it's a huge event like a World Cup semi or a Grand Slam tennis final with British interest when millions will be watching. But - and whisper this to the BBC - most sports programmes are only watched by......sport's fans!
My particular bugbear? The pundit on a live radio soccer commentary who talks so much there's no time for the guy who is actually describing the action. It's like listening to a chat show rather than a live football match. These guys are ruining radio commentaries, although I exempt the excellent Jimmy Armfield from all criticism.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 02 Nov 2011, 5:12 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:
dondelero wrote:
jro786 wrote:
dondelero wrote:

And off course you do the same when Alan Hansen is on right? thought not. Why can't people just be objective? Even though Alan Hansen was a Liverpool legend, should a Utd supporter not listen to his views as a pundit? That would be very narrow minded as he is actually very good. The truth is Gary Neville is a quite brilliant pundit,who has always spoke well, just like his brother Phil. Many of you don't like his punditry just because he was a Utd player. The main thing is Sky don't agree with you and hopefully he's getting a shed load of cash for being one of the best pundits around.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 4:03 pm

dondelero wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:
dondelero wrote:
jro786 wrote:
dondelero wrote:

And off course you do the same when Alan Hansen is on right? thought not. Why can't people just be objective? Even though Alan Hansen was a Liverpool legend, should a Utd supporter not listen to his views as a pundit? That would be very narrow minded as he is actually very good. The truth is Gary Neville is a quite brilliant pundit,who has always spoke well, just like his brother Phil. Many of you don't like his punditry just because he was a Utd player. The main thing is Sky don't agree with you and hopefully he's getting a shed load of cash for being one of the best pundits around.

he is average, not good not bad, i turn to fanzone when i hear him, i just don't like him
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 06 Nov 2011, 12:07 am

I've been very impressed with him, his knowledge of the game has been pretty much spot on.

I also think he's quite a funny guy. Re Luiz, "Defending is a just a hobby to this guy!"...

He's a stayer for me, I don't actually mind Redknapp either. But my dream team would be Merson (for comedy value), Nev and Jeff Stelling.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2011, 12:13 am

It doesn't matter how good he is he'll always be Gary Neville which nullifies everything he says.

The guy is a grade A gimp or as Jaap Stamp put it...a busy little c**t!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:01 am

cant stand Gary Neville. Couldnt stand him as a player, cant stand him as a pundit.

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sun 06 Nov 2011, 12:39 pm

Movember is a time in which people who don't have a moustache try to grow one.

It's like being Gary Neville for a month.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Sun 06 Nov 2011, 1:58 pm

The guy's good, it's just the haters that can't see or admit it.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next