The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whingeing Poms - time for a name change

+8
RubyGuby
brennomac
marty2086
mckay1402
Feckless Rogue
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ME-109
12 posters

Go down

Whingeing Poms - time for a name change Empty Whingeing Poms - time for a name change

Post by ME-109 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

With Tim Horan also wading in and it appears that every excuse has been used by the Aussies (get over it you lost)...should those from the "Land of Hope and Glory" be given a break and not have to suffer the hoots of derision from their antipodean cousins about being Whingers?

At the moment if there was ranking points given the table would be as follows...

1. Aus (it was the rain/ref/irish faked injuries/the shape of the ball etc)
2. Wales (only competition they are never out of the top three)
3. NZ (provisional - depends on the ref tomorrow could easily hit top spot)
4. Eng (there is always a Tindal moment to make it fun for The SUN readers - plus the referee)
5. - 20 Everybody else is way behind....French are last - they are horizontal at the moment....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Whingeing Poms - time for a name change Empty Re: Whingeing Poms - time for a name change

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 23 Sep 2011, 1:33 pm

I'd reverse End and NZ for the moment DOD (purely on WRC "form" Wink ) - there's been a few comments about only England getting cards after the Argentina game. Of course, if NZ loses tomorrow ...

(hmmm, honourary mentions to the Samoan player on twitter re days between games, and to the Namibian captain too perhaps)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Whingeing Poms - time for a name change Empty Re: Whingeing Poms - time for a name change

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 1:34 pm

What? This is probably the competition where Wales does the least whingeing!

When have we whinged in the world cup?

How about Ireland last world cup blaming their rubbish performances on being in a boring hotel in the middle of nowhere. Unbelievable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 1:37 pm

Whingeing Poms...sounds like a nice cider... cider

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 23 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

Griff wrote:What? This is probably the competition where Wales does the least whingeing!

3-1 ?

And fom this one :
The draw, the penalty, englands draw

To be fair though yes it is porobably the competition we get the least whingers from Welshists, thats not saying a lot though.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri 23 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

Griff wrote:What? This is probably the competition where Wales does the least whingeing!

How about Ireland last world cup blaming their rubbish performances on being in a boring hotel in the middle of nowhere. Unbelievable.

laughing The "boring hotel" is a valid excuse. Didn't the England soccer team use it at the world cup?
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 23 Sep 2011, 2:06 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:

laughing The "boring hotel" is a valid excuse. Didn't the England soccer team use it at the world cup?

Whereas our rugby team is using " its not fair that people notice when we go to intersting places" at this one

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 2:24 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:

3-1 ?

And fom this one :
The draw, the penalty, englands draw

To be fair though yes it is porobably the competition we get the least whingers from Welshists, thats not saying a lot though.

I think you're imagining things. I haven't seen anyone whinging about our draw or Englands draw. Also, most people going on about the penalty haven't been welsh. There was a discussion thread about it for a while but the general consensus was that it missed, we lost, move on. I think you must be projecting what you expect people to be whinging about
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

To be fair to Horan he did say that no matter what Ireland would have won just cant see where he pulled the fake injuries from

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Fri 23 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm

A new musical "The Whinger of Oz". Quade Cooper plays Dorothy

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 23 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm

I think the penalty conversion by Hook which never was is a fair whinge thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 23 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

miaow wrote:Whingeing Poms...sounds like a nice cider... cider
Like it, but I was thinking of a nice Chablis: Whingeing Poms Chablis, from the finest vinyards of Brixton.
"I hear the July 2011 vintage is one of their finest. Smooth with a touch of spirit. Can be difficult to get a firm grip on and does get dropped"

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:10 pm

There's a whinging poms beer as well, apparently it has various ingredients from many parts of the world that combine to produce a rather frustrating flavour that remains an aquired taste. It can be sublime and fruity on a Summers day but often leaves you wishing you had gone for something more substantial. Best drank quickly as it can go flat in an instant and when this happens its best left alone. Apparently it's a popular drink among midgets thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 23 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

honourary mentions to the Samoan player on twitter re days between games

That was less of a whinge and more of a 2 hour rant about the IRB being bias towards tier 1 nations. Considering some of the injuries and how knackered some of the Samoan players looked his point about it being a tad unfair is warranted. Not sure they he put it was particularly tactful though. That rant really should lift Samoa into contention.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Fri 23 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

DOD wrote:it appears that every excuse has been used by the Aussies (get over it you lost)
If only we would but we just can't.

I had no problem with the game, as Horan said if Horwill saw a problem he should have voiced it at the time but didn't. It's done now and part of the history books.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Sat 24 Sep 2011, 9:23 am

The Aussies and the All Blacks are made of the same when it comes to being beaten.
They can never take a defeat gracefully and always look to make excuses.

I hope Ireland or 1 of the other teams from the Northern hemisphere wins the WC. OK

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down