The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Girlfriend's New Luxury Item of Clothing

+5
tarka
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Shifty
JPX
EmmDee57
9 posters

Go down

The Girlfriend's New Luxury Item of Clothing Empty The Girlfriend's New Luxury Item of Clothing

Post by EmmDee57 Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:37 pm

So, the girlfriend returns home last evening from a day of shopping in the city. You know the scene, carrier bags all up each arm, struggling through the door and drops them all on the hall floor covering each square inch of it. Anyway, in amongst her usual purchases of shoes, vest tops etc was a pair of leather trousers. Now, I'm not usually a fan of such an item and was even more against them when she told me they cost £170 but when she put them on and I saw her in them they were worth every penny. They looked and felt amazing on her.

She tells me that they are all the rage now and very fashionable. I'd not seen anyone with them on recently but then again I don't get out as much as I used to. I thought they were only for butch female motorbike enthusiasts.

Her justification for buying them was that I'd spent just as much on a new golf club last week so in fairness I had no reply to that only that she better get as much use out of them as I will from my golf club!!

Anyone else's other halves made such an expensive purchase on a pair of leather trousers??

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

The Girlfriend's New Luxury Item of Clothing Empty Re: The Girlfriend's New Luxury Item of Clothing

Post by JPX Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Oh, how disapointing EmmDee. I thought you were a girl, you've just shattered the image I had of you! It was a good one, too.

If I could get my Mrs to wear leather trousers I would encourage it for sure!!

Mine doesn't spend a lot on individual bits of clothing, just that she gets loads and loads of moderately expensive stuff.

Mind you she did spend £180 on some hair removal gizmo once, not that that was a bad thing as it had benefits for both of us! Wink

JPX

Back to top Go down

The Girlfriend's New Luxury Item of Clothing Empty Re: The Girlfriend's New Luxury Item of Clothing

Post by Shifty Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Don;t worry I got screwed over also.
My partner took me to the Ospreys club shop today and bought me a new Ospreys top for £50, I was in great mood all day, then driving home she manages to talk me into taking her to Bank tomorrow to buy a new hand bag which is about £80! Clever girl! laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Leather trousers are the future and more woman should wear them. £170 isn't to bad my misses has a pair of shoes that cost £350. Steep yes but nothing compared to the £450 I spent on a pair of Y3 trainers or the £700 I spent on a Stone Island jacket!

I'm more like the woman of the relationship in that respect. I spend a lot of money on clothes. Where as the most expensive things the missus has is what I buy her she isn't a sucker for labels like me.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:31 am

JPX / Prettyboy, I'll see if I can get her to pose for a photo in them and put it on for you.

Never thought I'd like leather trousers on her as I said before but boy these are a fine looking pair.

Who knows, it could start a "my girlfriend in leather" thread that we could all enjoy Smile !!!

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:49 pm

and some heels please

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Leather trousers, heels, bit like that bird off Four Rooms. Nice bit of kit that.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Oh yeah, Emma is her name. She's pretty tidy her.

There's been a lack of leather on tv ever since Carol Vorderman stopped wearing it on Countdown!!

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm female and I loathe shopping. To me, wandering aimlessly around plastic shopping centres trying to find something without any clue what you're looking for is my idea of hell.

As for paying £170 for a pair of trousers is ridiculous. No wonder some people are up to their eyes in debt. Some "fashionable" women are so gullible it's pathetic. If you put a turd on a bag and said it was fashionable they'd buy it for a fortune. You can look good in anything without breaking the bank if you put your mind to it.

And NO ONE looks good in leather trousers. even in the 1980s when they were supposed to be fashionable.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:42 pm

A girl who doesn't like shopping? Cari you sound too good to be true!

You can't have seen the lovely Emma off Four Rooms in leather trousers? I said to my gf "surely even you girls must fancy her?"

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Ummmm...noooo can''t say I've noticed that Emma person. Funnily enough I don't pay much attention to women - I know what I fancy Wink.

Honestly, shopping is a very tedious task - even food shopping is a pain.. Thank god for the internet! I usually only buy clothes when I know what I want - for example a new rugby shirt comes out or I need a new pair of shoes. I usually do that over the internet as well.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:47 pm

That Emma looks like a horse though Erm

She even has the long swishing ponytail

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Cari, I can assure you that we are not in any debt as we both hold down fairly well paid jobs. Also, by spending such large amounts we are boosting the otherwise flagging economy as our hard earned cash is going back into businesses pockets to grow.

Also, you buy rugby shirts? If ever there is something that is overpriced and looks naff on women then it's a replica rugby shirt but each to their own I suppose.....

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:03 pm

I think the mention of the rugby shirt was a clue to the answer of the teaser in the first paragraph!

Did I mention I'm great as a flyhalf? Wink

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Emm - did I say you were in debt? No. I said some people. Did I say they look "naff and overpriced"? No. Perhaps that's just a psychological slip from you there.

It is fortunate that you have so much money to spend on something as impractical as a pair of leather trousers. I wonder how much use she will get out of them?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Not really impractical are they? I'm sure she'll wear them a lot more than I wear my suit that only comes out for weddings, funerals and sportsmans dinners but I don't call that impractical as when the need to wear it comes around I can. If anything I call that practical.

Ok, you didn't use the word "naff" but that's what you were getting at.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Not naff EmmDee, just an item of clothing that you don't see people wearing so much either because it's impractical (leather gets very hot and is a bhugger to look after) and/or because to most they look inappropriate for casual wear on most people. I just think it's a lot of money to spend on something like that, and in your original post (in a rather sexist way) you asked if anyone had "made such an expensive purchase on a pair of leather trousers", and I was explaining why I have not.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Cari I have no debt and do spend a lot of money on clothing what is so ridiculous about that?

I like wearing nice clothes. Maybe a bit of a sucker for a label but it's not really a bad thing is it?

I spend a lot of money on haircuts and shaves as well.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Kev - I'm not talking about buying expensive clothes if you wear them a lot and get use out of them generally. I was referring to fashion victims (predominently women to be fair) who'll pay a lot of money for impractical items they will hardly wear just because someone somewhere says it's fashionable.

As for personal grooming, I said nothing about that so I don't know why you brought that up.

To be honest, I was disagreeing with the OP because I thought the post was smug and offensive.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Cari I agree with you on the fashion victims the ones that put it all on their flexible friend are the worst.

I was just saying that in my case I spend a lot of money on how I look but it's my money and it makes me feel good so I don't see it as a waste.

I have friends like you who aren't a sucker for a label like me and they find it ridiculous. Strangely I sort of agree with them but it's what I like.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:31 pm

To get back to the original post which seemed to be a boast about his girlfriend buying a pair of leather trousers for £170. I think that's ridiculous because leather trousers aren't something that you'd wear all the time. If he'd said she'd bought some jeans or trainers, I'd still think £170 was steep, but at least they'd get more wear out of them.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:34 pm

My original post wasn't a boast about how much they cost her, it was more a case of asking has anyone else paid out such a large sum for an item of clothing when they don't normally do so but felt they had to as they felt it was a must have, feel good item of clothing/equipment.

As a matter of interest, she had them on today to go to dinner with friends. Can't wait to see her when she comes back here later Smile

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:52 am

Is your girlfriend Ross Gellar from FRIENDS?

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:55 pm

EmmDee57 wrote:My original post wasn't a boast about how much they cost her, it was more a case of asking has anyone else paid out such a large sum for an item of clothing when they don't normally do so but felt they had to as they felt it was a must have, feel good item of clothing/equipment.

As a matter of interest, she had them on today to go to dinner with friends. Can't wait to see her when she comes back here later Smile

photos or i don't believe

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Useless story without pictures.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down