The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: Las Vegas: Notes from the Ballwasher

+15
Davie
drive4show
EmmDee57
Lairdy
super_realist
pedro
NedB-H
Skydriver
venice1
Shotrock
John Cregan
Maverick
princedracula
McLaren
kwinigolfer
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: Las Vegas: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty PGA Tour: Las Vegas: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:09 pm

1).Thrilling end to the golf this past Sunday. And the Tour Championship was exciting too.
Seriously, loved the Solheim Cup; compelling viewing and just a hint that some Americans were a touch overawed, intimidated by the occasion. Lots written about some of the better known European heroines but Sophie Gustafson won all her four matches, and I'd never heard of Christel Boeljon before she started to turn up on qualifying lists. What a terrific win for her after losing both her Saturday matches to come out and whack Brittany Lincicome, the longest of the US Team. Alison Nicholas might be the only Solheim Cup Captain to have been born in Gibraltar!

2).As for Bill Haas's win, the tournament couldn't have been much more nail-biting (for his father at least) but not sure it was a validation of the FedEx Cup Play-Off structure - the possibility for the lottery winner coming from 25th position and not having won all year hadn't even occurred to Billy; he had to be told by Flinchem at the presentation that the reason no-one else was there was because he'd won the FedEx jackpot as well. Had to look to his wife for her confirmation! Sad to say, Number One matched the stereotypical view of him and, even after all his successes this year, one feels he needs to back up his consistency with more wins.

3).On the subject of Lukey, he's $70K+ ahead of Webb Simpson now on the money list. Luke will play Dunhill this week, Madrid next and then take paternity leave for six or seven weeks. Webbo is thought likely to enter McGladrey's and/or Disney to try and overtake Donald for the money title.

4).Can't leave Lukey without commenting on his extraordinary "3-putt avoidance" stat:
Currently at 434 holes played without a 3-putt and now a full tournament ahead of the previous longest streak since this stat began to be tracked in 2003. According to my arithmetic, never a strong point, he hasn't recorded a 3-putt, therefore, since the Bridgestone in early August!
(Perhaps an even bigger surprise is that the golfer with the second longest current streak is Sergio. Don't tell NBC TV.)

5).Presidents Cup Captain's Choices are made this evening by Couples and Norman. Would think Bill Haas cooked Keegan Bradley's goose and expect Fred to select Mr.Bill.
Baddeley has surely played his way on to the International Team and, in the absence of a compelling case from Senden or Vijay, I'd be shocked if Allenby doesn't fill the 12th position.
Meanwhile, chances of Woods and DJ playing together? Perhaps against Adam Scott??

6).Apropos the Presidents Cup and the possibility that Stricker's injury might prevent him taking part, the always witty Geoff Ogilvy had this comment about the Stricker/Woods partnership:
"One guy hits every fairway and makes every putt. And the other guy is Tiger Woods."
Ogilvy also had this to say about Louis Oosthuizen, who looks likely to miss out on Melbourne (among other things), quoted on pgatour.com:
"All things being equal, I think Louis is the best golfer in the world, but he just doesn't shoot the scores. The way he swings and the way he chips, I just love watching his game. You guys probably think that's a ridiculous statement, but he just makes golf look too easy to me . . . . . I don't understand how he doesn't win all the time, or at least contend all the time."
Strange that. Exactly what I think about Ogilvy's game! Maybe next year for Geoff, finally fully fit again.

7).And so to Las Vegas, site of Play-Offs the past two years for Martin Laird. Won one. Lost one. The "Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open" is the first event of the ever-shrinking Fall Series, but is also the entrance to the finishing straight of the race to retain full PGA Tour "playing privileges" for 2012. $787K was enough for Troy Merritt to retain his card last year; this season will be about the same, say $800K, as marginally higher prizemoney is offset by one less tournament. So who's at risk? These are notables with their earnings so far:
DiMarco: $740K
O'Hern: $629K
Pampling: $606K
Matt Jones: $591K
Trahan: $567K
Mayfair: $538K
Casey: $460K
Leonard: $434K
Curtis: $403K
Petrovic: $394K
Riley: $377K
Vaughn Taylor: $375K
Duval: $362K

One or two of the above, notably Justin Leonard, have Career-earnings exemptions to utilise, but no-one wants to use them unless they absolutely have to.

8).Quick quiz: If I told you a player had enjoyed a tournament run starting in Greensboro five weeks ago: 12th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 9th, you'd've assumed he won a Play-Off packet.
But these are the results of John Mallinger, a Tour veteran of five years who has been playing the 2011 PGA Tour on "conditional status", and took his good Greensboro finish to the Nationwide Tour. And these results have secured his PGA Tour membership for 2012. Don't overlook his fine form as he plays in Las Vegas.
Apart from Laird, and Brian Davis (now withdrawn, not sure why), Europeans Pettersson, Johnson and the recently injured Cejka will play in the desert heat - mid-90'sF every day, so the ball will fly!
FedEx refugees playing in Vegas include Byrd, Reavie and Watney. I like the chances of Chad Campbell, Hoffman and Lunde, while the otherwise anonymous George McNeill is a regular contender here..

9).We had fun celebrating Tom Kite's 1,000th PGA Tour PLUS Champions Tour event this week at the Seniors SAS event in North Carolina. Did you also know Tom Kite is also just two career cuts off the all-time PGA Tour record? 590 cuts in 713 PGA Tour starts.
Who has the record of 592 career PGA Tour cuts??

10).The Nationwide season is winding down and Europeans Gary Christian (5th), Jonas Blixt (6th) and Russell Knox (9th) are nailed on to qualify for next year's PGA Tour. Chopra is 24th and Greg Owen 47th both needing some top finishes, starting this week in West Texas.

Finally, who's the biggest diva in sport? Serena Williams? Michelle Wie?? or Tiger Woods???

Last edited by Maverick on Wed 05 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Las Vegas: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: Las Vegas: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by McLaren Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

I thought Carlos Tevez was the biggest diva in sport?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: Las Vegas: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: Las Vegas: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by princedracula Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Finally, who's the biggest diva in sport? Serena Williams? Michelle Wie?? or Tiger Woods???

I'd go for C. Ronaldo... according to the most up to date gossip, apparently he's shaving his legs more often than his girlfriend(s)...

Re:#9 - Would that be Jay Haas?

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

pd,
Jay Haas indeed! Topical question!!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:32 pm

Always though Jay Haas was a really underrated player, never seemed flustered by anything going on around him and really solid all round game.

Vegas an event I always usually enjoyed until they renamed it to the current ridiculously long named JT shriners wotsit.....

Biggest Diva, well not a fan of Williams, Wie or Ronaldo, Tiger I can deal with but surely the biggest Diva of them all sports wise is Balotelli....

Quite looking forward to the Pres cup for a change, hopefully the internationals can kick some butt, and as for Ogilvy's comment superb

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

Wouldn't be too surprised to see a match with TW/DJ/AS together. They seem to be prepared to do anyhing these days for some extra publicity...

More gossip... Did you see Rors gift for Caro...?

http://twitpic.com/6rg7rd

Oh dear......!

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

Biggest Divas are Jose Mourhino and Alex Ferguson.................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:52 pm

Oh dear is right.
Should be McIlWacki.

Seems an, as yet, unnamed airline has completely trashed Lee Janzen's clubs. Currently third alternate, hoping to need new clubs made up and ready to go on Thursday!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

I only had half the story on Janzen and his clubs. Apparently he flew DELTA AIRLINES! from Orlando to Las Vegas on Saturday intending to "Monday qualify" for the tournament.
According to pgatour.com, "his lob wedge was bent 40 degrees, while other clubs looked like they'd been through some sort of metal grinder". Delta's Ground Services agent took one look at the clubs and suggested Janzen rent a set!!!
Needless to say Callaway had an identical set in his hands well before Janzen's Monday tee time and he qualified with a 66! So he won't be using his 3rd alternate position.

Apparently earlier this season all 14 of Ben Martin's clubs were "decapitated" at Las Vegas Airport.

Presumably a warning for all golfers flying Delta to Vegas.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

Floyd Mayweather Jr.!

Or, mayby Manny Pacquiao -- who's been know to make commercial airline flights wait on the tarmac for him.

Great write up Kwini.

I think someone has to remind Geoff not to fall in love with the swing, better the result.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

Possibility that Tevez has put in a new Diva bid?

Frei up at Old Trafford.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:51 pm

Good afternoon, kwini. We finally have temporary nonessential internet service at work so I thought I'd sneak a quick hello without having much to say about another of your fine articles. Got to shove off to put in the picks for GW/Ned Fantasy Alfred Dunhill affair before the IT department cuts us off at the knees again.

Regardless, Justin Timberlake puts on an excellent tournament in Vegas. Have to give him a thumb's up on the golf (his music is not my cup of tea but then again I don't recall ever hearing one of his songs... thankfully).

venice1

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:43 pm

Funny comment from Geoff Ogilvy re: Stricker/Woods - as in "ha ha" and "strange" (uncharacteristic?).

I do however remember him writing about the event the last time around, saying that it needed some spark to elevate its status. A specific word he used in terms of a missing ingredient was "controversy". Perhaps he's deliberately trying to stir some up.

Come to think of it, the recent debates over certain Solheim Cup incidents on the other thread have helped to illustrate to me what he meant.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:49 pm

Well Allenby and Kim tried their best to invent some controversy last time out Sky! And even then people didn't seem to really care, when it would've been big news at a RC you feel... maybe there needs to be a minimum level of interest before controversy can flourish?

Anyway, Kwini's guesses were right on the picks front. Difficult to argue with them, but Bradley and Snedeker must both feel hard done by. Think Woods was lucky this was a PC year with his great record in that event; if it'd been the RC where he's not been so successful his pick really would've been hard to justify. Absolutely nothing bar past glories to qualify him over a major winner this year, for a start.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:05 pm

Can't argue with the International picks.
But It seems Haas has been picked based on one tournament only. Would probably have picked Sneds over him.

Only time will show if picking TW was right. For sure his potential "intimidation factor" is huge, but I wonder if not most players have realised his mortality by now? From a commercial point of view he will however attract a lot more attention for an otherwise (for most people) quite indifferent tournament. And for the golf sport maybe that's not so bad either?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:14 pm

If there's an answer to stiring some passion in the Presidents Cup it's to hold it in Australia with Greg Norman (Steve Elkington would have been good too) Captaining.
I went to the Pres Cup in Montreal and, apart from Mike Weir's matches, there was no partisanship whatsoever. And that was reflected in the play, Ogilvy among those who sleepwalked through the week.

pedro, Hear what you say, but Haas was very close behind Snedeker in their points system and its difficult to argue with last week's effort (especially when your Dad is a Vice Captain!).

Agree with venice that Justin Timbrerlake has breathed new life into the Las Vegas stop, which is now more than just an end-of-season money tournament.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

Phil jones is good, but not that good, Rio tweeting, evra nowhere and Fabio/rafeal somewhere. As for carrick.......

so now that the fedex is over what do the players have to play for, except for money obviously, in the money race other than pride. Are there any sporting rewards to be had for increasing your standing in the money race?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:19 am

Kwini, if I were a tour pro I'd be inclined to swerve Timberlakes tournament on account of him being a talentless c**K

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:27 am

I actually find the fall series far more enticing to watch than the cash cow FedEx. You get to see guys that are fighting for their cards putting in some serious effort, and you see some really good golf from players you may not usually see getting much coverage.

Not a Timberlake fan, but the course and what he is trying to achieve is a great example and if it helps bring a new breed of youngsters in then even better.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:30 am

Super

What does Justin Trousersnakes musical talent have to do with a golf event? As kwini has mentioned many times on his articles sponsors are hardly queuing up to keep the events alive, ask the Scottish Open.

If he has the name and the brand to attract the money needed to keep a strong post fedex event going then it can only be a good thing.

PS

On a music note did anyone see the blind autistic pianist on bbc breakfast? Holy shit!
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

MAC, out of principle and my dislike of Timberlakes I'd have to decline an invitation. The same reason I wouldn't go to blumenthals restaurant.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:45 am

So if you needed the money to retain your card you would still refuse to turn up?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

I'd play in another event. Imagine winning and having to be photographed with that man sausage.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:58 am

Super

If your pga tour card was on the line you would play every event possible until you were sure of a place on the 2012 tour.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:59 am

My PGA card wouldn't be on the line because I wouldn't have considered that tournament to be part of my schedule. Every golfer has to take a bit of a break throughout the season or risk burn out. I'd make sure this was one of the tournaments I missed out.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

No surprise to see Hoffman and Watney playing as they seem to do most of their off season practice in the Sin City.

Have there been any updates on Stricker and Pres Cup appearance, been seeing whispers on the twittersphere that if he pulls out that Keegan gets the call up despite Sneds being more worthy on points

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:25 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:pd,
Jay Haas indeed! Topical question!!

Haas Snr and Jnr have now earned just over $14m each in prize money in their careers. Somethings not quite right with that!!

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

Mac,
Agree, Phil Jones was awol. But that won't happen again; apart from Duncan Edwards, he reminds me of the young Kevin Beattie - anyone remember him? Made Terry, Fredinand etc look like statues.

Mav,
Couples has said specifically that, if Stricker's MRI yesterday dictates he can't go, Keegan Bradley would replace him. Very hard luck on Snedeker I would say, raw deal.

What's to play for then? (And I don't know anything about Timberlake except his support of this tournament. But he can't be worse than the Republicans who dominate the Tour and its events.)

Top 30 Money get a Masters invite.
Top 70 money get into "Invitationals", Memorial, Bay Hill, Colonial etc.
Top 125 retain their Tour card for 2012.
Top 150 gain exemption from Stage 1 and 2 qualifying School, and receive conditional Tour membership for 2012.

And all that's before the bennies accruing from made cuts, career earnings, the win, etc. So: Quite a lot on the line, and if Watney were to win this week, you'd think he'd kick on and go for the money title.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:31 pm

So all the focus is on the fedex and then qualification for the next season is based on the money list? odd or what?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

That's what it is, Mac, fifth straight year it's been that way.

Lairdy,
As I earned eight pound ten shillings a week for my first job in the West End of London, I can relate!.

Hopefully The Laird can kick-start the second half of his season this week - good finish here and then off to Asia I'd think, possibly play a few E.T. tournaments, but was surprised he's not shown on the E.T. Ryder Cup points standings.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

Timberlake's first album "Justified", is a masterpiece. Really good album.

Also, his latest film "Friends With Benefits" is a decent watch. The lass in it with him is stunning, gorgeous eyes, oh baby!!

Back to the golf. Hoping for a win from Lairdy this week to get his Ryder Cup World Ranking Points off to a good start.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:09 pm

EmmDee57 wrote:Timberlake's first album "Justified", is a masterpiece. Really good album.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Sounds like he's been kicked in the balls. pube-headed drivel.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:21 pm

EmmDee57 wrote:Timberlake's first album "Justified", is a masterpiece. Really good album.

Also, his latest film "Friends With Benefits" is a decent watch. The lass in it with him is stunning, gorgeous eyes, oh baby!!

Back to the golf. Hoping for a win from Lairdy this week to get his Ryder Cup World Ranking Points off to a good start.

Timberlake and Masterpiece, did you really use those in the same sentence..... laughing
I would class nothing lyrically by JT as a masterpiece, the only master stroke he pulled was ditching Britney before she went nuts.....

His acting skills, remind of the same skills my front door have, it's wooden.. Though the chick in the film i'd give you that as a winner...

As for the golf, am I the only british golf fan that really hopes Laird has nothing to do with the upcoming Ryder cup or infact cares where he ranks a) in the OGWR b) in the money list and c)if he ever appears on a leaderboard....

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:23 pm

Mila Kunis is probably the hottest girl on the planet at this moment.

Mav

yes you are alone when it comes to your thoughts on Laird, would you care to explain why you think like that?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

It's sold 10m copies worldwide. 10m people can't be wrong SR.

I like Senorita, it's a tremendous song. "It feels like somethings heating up, can I leave with you...." Smile

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:34 pm

McLaren wrote:Mila Kunis is probably the hottest girl on the planet at this moment.

Mav

yes you are alone when it comes to your thoughts on Laird, would you care to explain why you think like that?

I very much doubt I am alone, I doubt mac i'm the only person in the world that does not like Laird...

I don't like the way people fawn over him and treat him as the best thing to come out of british golf and follow his every move like a bad rash. He' gets a serious amount of love from people stating he should win more and be higher ranked blah blah blah when in truth he's a pretty average tour player who doesn't register on leaderboards often enough to get the fawning he does....

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

Mav

Yes you are alone in that level of hatred for a golfer. It is bordering on weird that you hate him that much.

The second half of his season has not been great after his win at bay hill but he almost made the tour championship and could do well in the fall series. Although he is not one of the very best europeans in this era of golf that does not mean he is merely an average player. As for the fawning, when was the last time his name was in a UK paper?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:42 pm

kwini

Does Casey have any form of exemption open to him if he fails to retain his card? Or is it a case of back to Europe next year?

Really hard to believe he is in this position after being so high up the OWGR until very recently.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

McLaren wrote:Mav

Yes you are alone in that level of hatred for a golfer. It is bordering on weird that you hate him that much.

The second half of his season has not been great after his win at bay hill but he almost made the tour championship and could do well in the fall series. Although he is not one of the very best europeans in this era of golf that does not mean he is merely an average player. As for the fawning, when was the last time his name was in a UK paper?

Mac how can you categorically say I am alone on disliking him that much, and who used the word hate, not me, I merely said i cannot stand the way he is fawned over by people thinking he's better than he is, doesn't mean i hate him. Don't hate anyone at in fact dislike yes hate no. As for weird I suggest you look in the mirror for your DOAK and Woods obession thats weird...... Besides I know someone on this forum who does actually hate a golfer for his personal appearance so nice try....

When was the last time he did anything to deserve his name in a UK paper!!!!! Ok he wins Bayhill well done but I won't be dancing around my living room at that fact as thats what he's meant to do. He also from what i've seen of him doesn't come across as a really likeable type but then you will argue that fact and try to tell me who I should like.......... It's called opinion and if I choose not to like someone thats my choice

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 2:45 pm

Emm, you really make me laugh, simply selling 10m copies doesn't determine quality. You only have to look at the dross around (X Factor) these days to show that.

I care nothing for Laird either, I don't rate him, he seems pretty one dimensional and I'd prefer to see someone who travels a bit better than Laird in the Ryder Cup.
I don't hate him, but I don't think golf would be missing anything if he disappeared, people just get dewey eyed because he's Scottish with an irritating mid atlantic accent.

Never heard of Mila Kunis.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Wed 28 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

Laird was a cult favourite on 606 when he was lesser known, maybe that explains his 'status' on the boards. Since then he has worked his way on to the main tour, saved his card with final putt of the season, won his first event, then won a big title at Bayhill. Not often that cult favourites go on to establish themselves as such. I was giving it Rock Your Body around my living room when he won Justin's event and then at Bayhill.

He gets plenty of coverage on here because not only is he a european on the US tour (pretty much the whole point of these threads if Kwini doesnt mind me saying) but he is British and has won in the last few seasons, just like Rose and Donald have... If you dont like his coverage then you can Cry Me a River.

Wink

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

When I'm in the pub tonight for the football I plan to put the Justified album on the Jukebox, well 9 tracks of it at least as that's what I get for £2.

I like this tournament coming up this week, it's a nice course and there's always clips of Justin (Timberlake not Rose) at almost every ad break.

With you on the x-factor thing though SR although it was pleasing to hear the Goo Goo Dolls track Iris is going to be number 1 this week although the reason is that some teenage boy sang it on X-factor so everyone has gone and downloaded the original.

With weather like this in Central Scotland the Dunhill Links will look good on TV and both pros and amateurs should enjoy it although it is a tad breezy inland so the seaside could be a bit worse.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:20 pm

Emm, I remember when I was a lad I put Mr Blobby on the jukebox in a pub ten times and ran out.
I think having nine tracks of Timberlake on in succession would produce a similar amount of hatred amongst the punters, only difference is you'd be around to take the vitriol.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:33 pm

Jukebox songs can be skipped so unlikely the 10 Blobby Anthems would have seen past twice played. I think Timberlake's multi platinum selling masterpiece will see it through to the end.

Out of interest, and back on topic, what is Timberlake's involvement in this event. Does he sponsor it and give all proceeds to the charity involved? If so, what a nice lad, more superstars should do the same.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

Emm, now I know you are just taking the urine.
"Superstar" and "Masterpiece" in the same paragraph as Timberpube.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:46 pm

Kwini

Do you know much about the course Trousersnake had a hand in developing. It is called mirimichi and is public access.

http://gogolfgetaways.com/big-thumbs-up-for-justin-timberlakes-mirimichi-golf-course-go-golf-getaways/
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

SR, I'll try and post a picture of my copy of his album on here later just for you Cool

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

That must have been an Amazon purchase Emm, no straight man would buy that in person (or admit so readily to owning it)

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Wed 28 Sep 2011, 4:11 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
Seems an, as yet, unnamed airline has completely trashed Lee Janzen's clubs. Currently third alternate, hoping to need new clubs made up and ready to go on Thursday!

Few pics of Janzen's clubs!

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 28 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

Hi All, Been out hacking it around for a few hours. Don't ask.

To pick up on a couple of points:

Mav's dislike of Laird. Sorry to read that; I'd agree his game is a bit one-dimensional at the moment but he super_realist questioning Laird on his travels, he's not done badly so far and expect him to rack up some good finishes in Asia.
BUT: He's definitely an American-style golfer, hits a long, high ball and still is a bit suspect around the greens. Much improved putting though since he got involved with Stockton Jr. Oh yes, gorgeous wife!

Paul Casey? As far as I can tell Casey has no standing on the PGA Tour for next year, although I'm sure he has some form of "veteran" status.

Lairdy's right. This drivel started out on 606 as a perspective of the PGA Tour to International readers, especially the progress and fortunes of Europeans playting at various levels under the auspices of the PGA Tour. We picked up Martin Laird when he first secured Nationwide status and followed him through his first N'wide win and fortunes thereafter.
No apolgies for any of that, and we try to give the same visibility to guys like Russell Knox (I think Ned first spotted him), Christian, Matt Richardson, Blixt and the other European minor leaguers!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next