The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donalds Money List Quest

2 posters

Go down

Donalds Money List Quest Empty Donalds Money List Quest

Post by Diggers Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:37 pm

I read this morning Luke is making a big push to try and finish top of the lists on both sides of the Atlantic as it would be a first by anyone of he were to do so.
However didnt Woods manage this a few years ago, I dont think he could officially top the OOM in Europe as he wasn't a member but in his few events he played that would have counted towards the European Tour he would have comfortably finished top. Maybe that year he didnt top the American money list though thats a bit unlikely....or maybe Im just making things up. Obviously even if Im right Luke would still be the first to do so officially and it would be a great achievement but Id be interested to know if my memory is still serving me at all correctly.
One for the Kwinimiester perhaps ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Donalds Money List Quest Empty Re: Donalds Money List Quest

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

They made a mention of this earlier on sky sports news, but don't read any daily rags so don't know the full in's and outs. But from memory don't ever recall Woods topping ET money lists, wouldn't be possible either I wouldn't have thought, because i don't think Woods has ever had ET status as such though I may be wrong on that fact.

Also would put huge pressure on Lukey being there for his family wouldn't it as Mrs D is about to pop isn't she.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:44 pm

No Mav, thats my point, Woods never officially topped the ET list because as you say he was ineligible but if he were eligible he did actually comfortably earn more money than the guy who did win it that year (might have been the year Justin won).

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

Arh thanks for the clarity on that one Diggers, wasn't sure for a moment. I too instantly thought of Rose's year as the one that would have been when Woods made enough money both sides of the pond. So I would say yes he did do it but you know what the rule books like if it's not official they don't bother counting it.

Will be impressive for Luke though to be the first official one to do it. Surely then some of the doubters who think No1 must be a major winner will at least be able to acknowledge the fact that topping both list at once shows your the best in the world for the year at least. But then someone will say only a major winner blah blah blah........

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:55 pm

I think time is on Lukes side for a major Mav, he doesnt rely on power and I can see his swing staying around in good shape for a long time. Think he just needs confidence and the last few years should have given him plenty of that. Fingers crossed for next year.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down