The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Philippe Saint-André change the shape of world rugby over the next four years?

5 posters

Go down

Can Philippe Saint-André change the shape of world rugby over the next four years? Empty Can Philippe Saint-André change the shape of world rugby over the next four years?

Post by Portnoy Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 pm

France have been rudderless for the the past eight years wherein Laporte and Lievremont have not exactly excelled. Despite of their personal lack of management skills, you'd have to be impressed with the French players for bringing home more than a rind of bacon over those years of non-management.

PSA is a coach of exceptional quality. The next four years could well be unexpectedly dominated by la belle France.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Can Philippe Saint-André change the shape of world rugby over the next four years? Empty Re: Can Philippe Saint-André change the shape of world rugby over the next four years?

Post by Cowshot Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:31 pm

It's possible. If anyone can do it, you would have thought S-A could.

But it really seems that as soon as they are appointed they go barking mad. Laporte started dressing like Herr Flick in Allo Allo and Mad Marc has fairly openly lost it. Player power is France's only hope in this WC, in my opinion.

France always seems to have talent to burn. I've never understood why they have not been more successful. Club power, perhaps.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Can Philippe Saint-André change the shape of world rugby over the next four years? Empty Re: Can Philippe Saint-André change the shape of world rugby over the next four years?

Post by Gatts Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 pm

What's his coaching pedigree?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Gloucester (before they went Holly Wilaboobie(s)-up).
And Sale. They are the ones I know of.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Gloucester, Bourgoin, Sale and now Toulon (ching ching). Not sure about this. Kind of failed to win anything...

The FFR if they were serious should have done everything to get Guy Noves or even Jacques Brunel from USAP who is taking over in Italy.

Cant do any worse than Mad Marc but who knows....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:02 am

not impressed by his track record in Toulon considering the players he had...
if the FFR were serious, they would have gone for a NZ squad of coaches to change the game culture and lack of ambition within the T14 (except toulouse, most of the other teams play a slow and sometimes dull rugby).

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:16 am

Based on what i just saw v Tonga if i was him i would get another job fast

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down