The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number 9

3 posters

Go down

Number 9 Empty Number 9

Post by george doors Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:21 am

After watching Eng v Scot and the watching the highlights is it just me that noticed Ben Youngs had a shocker....... Great shame Danny Care isnt fit, by far the better option at 9

george doors

Back to top Go down

Number 9 Empty Re: Number 9

Post by beshocked Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:35 am

True Youngs did have a shocker I have been telling Sam one of the resident Tigers fans on this forum again and again. He doesn't believe me.

Glad it wasn't just me.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:44 pm

Agreed - he was poor. Difficult to gauge how much of this was down to the complete lack of control at the breakdown, but some of his delivery was just unacceptable from an international 9.

I know it's too big a risk, and will probably never happen unless injuties intervene, but I can't help but think that Joe Simpson might do exactly what Youngs did on his initial introduction if allowed a shot. He represents a genuine attacking threat that opposition teams are not familiar with and could spring some big surprises.

Too risky for Johnson though - unless Wilko is ruled out vs France and he picks Wigglesworth and Simpson on the bench as 9/10 cover. Even then it's difficult to see him getting a decent run-out.

Adam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down