The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trends

2 posters

Go down

Trends Empty Trends

Post by Doc Tue 01 Mar 2011, 9:19 am

The latest trend for the big manufacturing outfits, is for white drivers, fairway woods and recues and of course putters. The big boys are always trying to entice cash out of our pockets with the latest 'game improver' etc. They are actually saying that this latest trend assists in ball allignement? do you believe them.

Can you think of any trends, fashion statements that were actually a good game improver. I can think of titanium (ti) that was used on a lot of stuff, that seems to have helped the development of drivers. There was of course the Oddissey 2-ball putter, which many believe has helped there putting, although a massive company and the leading putter manufacturer.

Doc

Back to top Go down

Trends Empty Re: Trends

Post by sharrison01 Tue 01 Mar 2011, 9:32 am

The golf pride multi compound grip is a product that I think could be classed as a proper improvement as oppose to just a marketing gimmick. Before these, my choice was always the Golf Pride Tour Velvet/ Tour Wrap or Lamkin grip which were nice and soft but not great in the rain or corded grips that were great in the rain but not too soft. Multi compound's seem to bridge this gap and come in a range of colours that help to market them without detracting from their core function.

Another one might be the first re-release of the Taylor Made rescue. Although this was marketed for the wrong reasons as a rescue club that will just get you out of trouble it became a popular replacement for a 1/2 iron and then spawned a whole market for hybrid clubs to help golfers with their long irons. Never liked them myself but respect their purpose and can see why they are game improving.

sharrison01

Back to top Go down