The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 - Voting Page

+5
Fists of Fury
JDizzle
ShankyCricket
Mad for Chelsea
Gregers
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Week 5 - Voting Page - Page 3 Empty Week 5 - Voting Page

Post by Gregers Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Please place your votes and at least sentence explaining why. Obviously do not vote on your own match!

Week 5 Matches

Match 1 - Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Daredevils - Delhi Daredevils win Toss

Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab - Kings XI Punjab win Toss

Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers - Pune Warriors win Toss

Match 4 - Kochi Tuskers vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Kochi Tuskers win Toss

Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Kolkata Knight Riders win Toss

Coaches Voted:

Last edited by Gregers on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Voting Page - Page 3 Empty Re: Week 5 - Voting Page

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:36 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:bresnan's a better t20 bowler than southee
I disagree over here.Bresnan is a better Test bowler ATM though I think Southee would be better in future.
But Southee is already a better limited overs bowler than Bresnan.IMO anyway.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 pm

actually I don't think any of my original squad have survived (well yeah, Chitnis has, but that's more due to him being Indian, U25 and with a decent T20 record than anything else, and the fact good Indian batsmen are really hard to come by). Apart from that pretty much built up from scratch, with some classy players given away for other classy players, all about getting the balance right. I'd love a mystery bowler though, the bowling is all good, they all have very good T20 records, but there's a lack of X factor there I feel...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 pm

As regards the Bresnan-Southee debate, Southee is more expensive but gets more wickets. I went with Bresnan for his batting as much as anything, and with Ashwin and Ajmal in the side already you have two huge wicket takers there...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Southee is a monstrous six hitter with the bat too, remember, though maybe not as consistent with the bat as Bresnan.

In terms of bowling, I think Bresnan in Tests but Southee in limited overs.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Southee is a monstrous six hitter with the bat too, remember, though maybe not as consistent with the bat as Bresnan.

In terms of bowling, I think Bresnan in Tests but Southee in limited overs.
Agreed mate.In the long run though I think Southee will become a better Test bowler as well.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:51 pm

i think IMO, both southee and bresnan can be destrutctive hitters at times, but u feel bresnan is the better option with the ball in all formats of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Southee is a very talented bowler, and has a lot of potential in Tests I'd agree with you there, Shanky. He definitely needs some other bowlers to come through as support for him, though. Martin does a good job but NZ need some better seamers in general.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:56 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i think IMO, both southee and bresnan can be destrutctive hitters at times, but u feel bresnan is the better option with the ball in all formats of the game.
Their limited overs bowling records suggest otherwise mate.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Finny would be better than Southee though.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Doesn't offer the option with the bat though, unfortunately.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Its a moot point really.We have got Broad,Swann/Borthwick to provide the batting.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 pm

I don't see what's the issue with me not stating my opinion on people's votes, I wanted to question how my side is incapable of chasing down 150 on a batsmans pitch, especially when I have batting down to 8 in my order.

I'm not going to Cat foot around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Nothing wrong with you questioning peoples opinions, providing they have a good solid response as to why that was their opinion then all is dandy, I'd say.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:47 pm

It'd be nice for people to actually offer an explanation too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:49 pm

it would be nice if people instead of moaning, actually voted...considering this is what the page is for...sainty i dont know what your problem is, but i offer expalantions when i vote, and if me keep saying this loses me votes, i dont care..

i vote fairly, and i feel some people dont, based on other voting in different games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:02 pm

But how can a team, that bats down to 8 struggle to get 150, especially with some of the players in my order. I just don't get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Match 1: DD win. Morkel and Aaron nip out the openers early on, but when the ball stops doing so much the middle-order of RR prosper against some pretty ordinary back-up bowling, and late hitting from Razzaq gets them to 170. In reply, Sehwag goes early, but Iqbal and Warner blast out of the blocks, and with the dew affecting the RR bowlers' lines get DD well ahead of the rate. Warne reins them in somewhat and nips out a couple, but Taylor and Pathan get DD over the line at the start of the last over.

Match 2: my match Very Happy

Match 3: DC win. I fancy DC's classy spin attack to really stifle the scoring throughout the Pune innings, and keep them to below 150. Chasing a modest total on a good batting wicket, they can then attack the weaker bowlers (Unadkat and the fifth bowler here) and Hussey will see them home. DC playing five bowlers is key here.

Match 4: Kochi win. The Kumars aren't quite so effective on this pitch, and Laxman loves these conditions. His knock is at the heart of a good team effort, and a late cameo from Smith pushes them up above 150. In reply, RCB lack a little firepower at the top, and the spinners stifle the scoring in the middle, leaving too much work to be done by AB deVilliers. RCB fall about ten runs short.

Match 5: Mumbai win. Harby gets Gayle early (a masterstroke that) and though Sammy gets tonked (this isn't his pitch) and Morgan plays the spinners as beautifully as ever through the middle overs, Malinga and Gul do a great job at the death to keep KKR to 160. The class of Mumbai's batting line-up then tells, and they chase it down thanks to some fierce late hitting from Pollard.

Some close calls there, and maybe a couple of controversial ones, the only one I felt sure of was match 1 TBH.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:45 pm

whooo i have a vote lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:51 pm

MFC with some votes that make sense! Who would u have picked from my side instead of Sammy then? Just out of interest.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:27 pm

CF

I just loved your aggressive tactics of going in with five out and out bowlers. On a batsman's paradise I thought this was a really aggressive and great move. Also, your spin attack is impressive.

Gregers

Probably Finn, he'd have enjoyed the hard pitch, would have got plenty of life out of it.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:52 pm

I was thinking Finn, but a lot of people on here don't rate him. Think the rest of my line up had enough anyways.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:56 pm

I really rate Finn! I think he is a quality bowler, haha!

MFC, classy spin? Graeme Swann anyone? Wink But I see where you are coming from, I just though the depth of my batting would counter the five bowlers as everyone could afford to attack and then with DC's long tail they would feel the pressure of wickets and runs and would be choked, but each to their own. It certainly was a bold choice picking 5 bowlers by CF!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Gregers wrote:I was thinking Finn, but a lot of people on here don't rate him. Think the rest of my line up had enough anyways.
I dont think anyone on here rates Sammy above Finn.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:00 am

I'd suggest Finn is a better bowler than Sammy, though Sammy is obviously more experienced and likely to keep a cooler head, possibly?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:00 am

Pace can be an issue, too. If someone as quick as Finn is off with their line then they can become very expensive, but overall I'd take Finn over Sammy in all likelihood.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:02 am

with apologies to cf in advance

David Hussey is overrated.he looked like a schoolboy against spin in SL.Any spinner worth his salt would trouble him let alone a world class one like swanny.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:03 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:...

Some close calls there, and maybe a couple of controversial ones, the only one I felt sure of was match 1 TBH.

I agree, when I was thinking through my votes there were several I could have argued either way (note I deliberately didn't look at anyone's votes on my match). 2 matches I think I'd have voted the other way if the toss had been different too. Tough week!
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:04 am

In T20's Sammy is a good bowler. Economies of 6.61 in normal T20's and 6.18 in Internationals! He is underated as a bowler in this form, similar to Dimi Mascarenhas I think, in bowling style.

Finn is more of a wicket taker and explosive though, so I would pick him above Sammy for that reason!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:04 am

thanks mfc, appreciate that comment mate. i felt i did need 5 on that surface.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:17 am

Cheers MFC. Appreciate the feedback. And you liked me opening with harby to get Gayle early then?

Will take on board comments about Finn/Sammy.

In a truly dull lecture atm, will get votes up later. Think I've mad my mind up on all 4 now

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:22 am

Match 2 - Chennai win. Punjab set a good score courtesy of Gambhir despite superb death bowling by Southee. Csk lose their openers early but Hussey and cameo's from Raina and Dhoni ensure that Chennai win of the last ball by 2 wickets.

Match 3 - Pune win. Gilchrist rolls back the years and powers to a hundred to take Pune to a high total as he is supported by Kohli and Yuvraj. Deccan get off to brilliant start but with their long tail they collapse and ultmately fall 10 runs short.

Match 4 - Kochi win. Toss is vital as Kochi get off to a good start against Kumars and Johnson. RCB's slow bowlers restrict them, but Murali and Vettori bowl economically and take wickets and RCB are always behind the run rate.

Match 5 - KKR win. By far the closest game of the week this one. Gayle plays a trademark innings which sees KKR get an above par score. In reply SRT falls early to Lee but Dhawan and Dilshan set a good platform and MI are favourites. Superb death bowling by Zaheer and Lee is the difference as MI fall 1 run short. If I could call this one a draw I would.

Last edited by GG on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 am

Match 5 is the one causing me some trouble, too. Very, very tight.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:39 am

1) Delhi winning the toss was key with the decision to bowl first being genius. The likes of Morkel and Arafat play sublimely and restrict the Royals to 140. Delhi's batting line up oozes class and they get home with 5 balls to spare. Delhi Win.

2) Chennai chasing was the key with Dhoni and Raina taking the incentive and chasing it down with half an over to spare. Good match this one as both sides are very competitive and a match of 160 vs 161 shows this. Chennai win

3) A one sided game as Pune win the toss and some youngster called Gilchrist scores a brilliant 60. Kohli, Buttler and the brilliant Yuvraj all chip in and they post 190. The chase starts badly as Dernbach takes a hattrick in his opening over. Wagh almost gets going but gets out for 10 to Angelo Mathews. Parnell then top scores with 25 before Dernbach returns and along with the spinners wraps up the innings as Deccan struggle to 135. Pune Win.

4) Kochi winning the toss and batting first was key. Hughes makes a brilliant start to the innings and the decision to hold McCullum down the order paid off as he destroyed the returning Kumars. New signing Hafeez had a great match for RCB as he took 3 wickets and made 50 with the bat. However when he, and ABDV, fell within the same over RCB got behind the rate. They ended up needing a 6 off the last ball and Jadeja could only hit a 4 so they lost by 1 run.

----

My votes all done. 3 very close matches and one less so.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:49 am

how many left to vote?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 am

Delhi,Pune,Chennai and Kochi win.
Reasons up later.Busy atm

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:06 am

Liam and Sainty haven't voted yet I think. if I get both their votes I'll sneak a tie Whistle
TBH everyone has my game as a tight match, and a tight defeat to the strongest side in the competition shows we're moving in the right direction (sounding like Martin Johnson now...)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:07 am

Not quite sure what the score is between me and Shanky. TBH I think a drawer would be fair between our two sides

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:42 am

Match 2 - Gone for Chennai. Close game, with CSK struggling in their reply but Dhoni and Southee see them home!

Match 3- Pune, whilst I applaud Deccan's tactics, Pune just look the better side.

Match 4 - Kochi, close game again but having Murali and Vettori on that pitch is a massive decision maker for me.

Match 5 - Mumbai, just! Sachin on that kind of pitch plays a match winning innings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:43 am

Delhi, Deccan, Kochi all win.

I really cannot decided on the MI vs KKR match so I will do that, along with my explanations, when I get back from boxing later. Hope that's ok chaps.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 am

thats fine fists....whoo another vote, bet i still lose lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:52 am

oh well I've lost then Sad

Put up a good fight though Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:22 am

At least your players haven't started jumping off ferries yet MFC, there is still hope...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:25 am

i didnt think i would need the extra batsman on this pitch, but people think i do...i still think i went in with the right tactcis on this pitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:28 am

cricketfan90 wrote:i didnt think i would need the extra batsman on this pitch, but people think i do...i still think i went in with the right tactcis on this pitch

CF, if you'd batted 1st I think you'd have been OK. Personally I felt the pressure of a chase knowing the tail was weak was what made my mind up.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:29 am

lol thats why the toss is usually so crucial

kiwi, i have only won, one toss throughout the whole competion apparently..

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 am

My final vote is KKR to win, though I really wish I could have called it a draw. I fancy Brett Lee and Zaheer Khan to really cause some damage after Jacques Kallis has played an immense role in seeing off Malinga and Gul. They both return at the end of the innings to blow away the tail but Kallis, Morgan and then late order hitting from Pathan see KKR to a total of around 155. Lee and Khan never let Mumbai get out of the blocks, and Shakib helps to strangle the run chase. Tiwary and Shah make it a nailbiting finish but MI just fall short on 150-7 following Lee's return at the death.

Horrible game to vote on, but I backed the canny bowling of Khan in particular, and Lee to hold the aces of over the more unpredictable Malinga and Gul.

Sorry for the delay fellas, rushed off my feet, and will get my explanations for the other games over tomorrow daytime.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 pm

when are results going up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:09 pm

With Liam's votes still outstanding its:

Delhi 6 - Royals 1
Chennai 5 - Kings 2
Pune 6 - Deccan 1
Kochi 8 - RCB 0
Kolkata 4 - Mumbai 3

Shall we wait and see if Liam votes? The only match he can affect is mine which I think a drawer between me and Shanky would be the fairest :P

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Looks like I'm the only one who voted for DC lol. Don't mind waiting for Liam's votes, think it would be fairest with one match still in the balance...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Liam was tweeting yesterday.
and he wasnt on here? Shocked

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down