The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LV Cup / 15th Oct / Round 1 / Newcastle V Blues / Dragons V Bath / Scarlets V Leicester / Exeter V Ospreys

5 posters

Go down

LV Cup / 15th Oct / Round 1 / Newcastle V Blues / Dragons V Bath / Scarlets V Leicester / Exeter V Ospreys Empty LV Cup / 15th Oct / Round 1 / Newcastle V Blues / Dragons V Bath / Scarlets V Leicester / Exeter V Ospreys

Post by Shifty Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:06 pm

Anyone else looking forward to these games?
Or is anyone thinking of going to see any of them?

I'm quite fancying Dragons Vs Bath if I can get off work in time.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

LV Cup / 15th Oct / Round 1 / Newcastle V Blues / Dragons V Bath / Scarlets V Leicester / Exeter V Ospreys Empty Re: LV Cup / 15th Oct / Round 1 / Newcastle V Blues / Dragons V Bath / Scarlets V Leicester / Exeter V Ospreys

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

I was going to go to the Scarlets game, but I've got friends down this weekend so can't go.

Am hoping they can get a win though Smile

Back to top Go down

LV Cup / 15th Oct / Round 1 / Newcastle V Blues / Dragons V Bath / Scarlets V Leicester / Exeter V Ospreys Empty Re: LV Cup / 15th Oct / Round 1 / Newcastle V Blues / Dragons V Bath / Scarlets V Leicester / Exeter V Ospreys

Post by Shifty Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:20 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:I was going to go to the Scarlets game, but I've got friends down this weekend so can't go.

Am hoping they can get a win though Smile
Looking at the Scarlets forum it seems that Leicester are sticking a full team out with World Cup players returning against the Scarlets academy side, it might be messy. I might end up there though if I cant get to Rodney Parade in time for the 14:30 kick off. I think the Scarlets is at 18:00 though which is my back up! thumbsup
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:07 am

Sorry, AD, think that Exe will rest most of their regulars for the resumption of prem hostilities - expect to see very much a squad XXIII, with plenty of faces that need to get some game time having not had much yet OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:07 am

I'd have thought the returning world cup players would have a couple of weeks off first before returning to play Alyn. I'd be very surprised if a lot of them started this weekend, just for the sake of player welfare over anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:14 am

They'll be a mix according to Cockerill on the radio with things being turned up for the following games as the squad will need some match practice for the resumption of the league campaign. Expect the likes of Ford and Harrison to be playing along with run outs from the likes of Waldrom and Ayerza who were at the RWC but didn't get any game time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

ah yeah, I figured Waldrom would be involved. But for the ones that have played, I'd be very surprised if they weren't rested.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:02 am

I would think the ones that have played will be rested for the Scarlets game and then re-introduced there after depending on fitness. Tigers have been suffering with a fair few injuries so it's not like there's that many squad players to choose from.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 12:17 pm

The Scarlets have got the same problem Sam! Should be an interesting game, if only to see how the youngsters get on anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:23 pm

I think we'll get beat.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:25 pm

Well that should be a good game then Dreamer, any youngsters you're hoping to see get a run out?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:41 pm

Not so sure about our forwards, maybe see Gardiner and Jones starting in the front row, as they've only been coming on late in the 2nd half for us in the Pro12.

Certainly would like to see Warren given another chance at centre. He was given his first start for the Scarlets last weekend and ended up scoring 2 tries. He's only 20, and looks a fairly decent prospect. And I excpet to see the likes of Reynolds and Liam Williams starting instead of coming on as subs. A lot of talent out there, anyway.

And oo just had a thought, if he's had enough of a rest after playing for Tonga, Timani might start for us in the 2nd row, got to confess though it's all turned a bit quiet on him though, have not heard if he's even joined up with the squad yet.

What about you, any players you're keeping an eye on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:32 pm

I'd of loved to of gone down the the exeter game I think it was only something like £70 for transport on the ospreys fans bus, and hotel room...
I really need a girl friend who likes rugby steam
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:40 pm

Falcons looked alright at the weekend. Yes weakend opposition, but some of our newbies / fringe players put their hands up.

Have we finally found a cracking hooker in Mayhew junior. We could have a powerful front row developing.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:52 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Falcons looked alright at the weekend. Yes weakend opposition, but some of our newbies / fringe players put their hands up.

Have we finally found a cracking hooker in Mayhew junior. We could have a powerful front row developing.

Are there any highlights of the match marra? I didn't see on the ITV4 highlights package.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm

Ive just seen bits and bobs....Gopperth actually...you better sit down.....PASSED the ball....((shudder))

BUt Michael Mayhew is a ball carrier...certainly one to watch. It'll be interesting to see the next game against Irish.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:36 pm

What about you, any players you're keeping an eye on?.

I was rather hoping to see good games from Armes (7) who lost control whilst placing the ball back which gifted the Scarlets a run to the try line but who otherwise worked hard to little avail. Harrison (9) who actually played quite well by keeping the ball moving and giving good ball to the backs but needed to snipe a little more to hold the defence. Ford (10) who looked a bit lost like an actor without a script and de Carpienter (19 I think) who came on and made a fine break but was hauled down close to the line and was rather quiet there after.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down