The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'Good Samaritan Thread

5 posters

Go down

The 'Good Samaritan Thread Empty The 'Good Samaritan Thread

Post by Guest Wed 02 Mar 2011, 9:37 am

Thought i'd start this off after something that happened to me this morning.

There is a bus driver who does my work route, he's a polish bloke, probably late 20's early 30's, a nice bloke, always waits for me if i'm running to the bus.

This morning i was running late cause I couldn’t find the lid for my lunchbox (yep!), so I had to run to the bus stop, which upon realistation meant i also needed to run to the cashpoint, he saw me running as he was leaving so pulled out of his bay and pulled into the one behind the cash machine to wait for me. The ATM didn’t have any cash so I told him I’d sort myself out but instead he gave me a ticket and told me I could pay him next time. Then, when leaving the bus, he asked me if I had enough for the return, I said no but I’d walk home, so he gave me £3.30 and said include the ticket you owe me a fiver next time I see you! What a legend!!

The point of this is to share stories of when you've been helped out, or helped someone out!

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

The 'Good Samaritan Thread Empty Re: The 'Good Samaritan Thread

Post by Adam D Wed 02 Mar 2011, 9:43 am

I once saw an old lady drop a bag of groceries whilst crossing a road in front of me. So I pulled the car over and helped her pick everything up.

I helped her cross the road and she then asked if I could walk her home as she was a bit old and frail. So I held her arm and walked along with her (at a very slow pace). We walked for well over 30 minutes for about 1.5miles before getting to her house.

At which point a middle age woman came running out screaming "you dont live here anymore! Stop coming around!"

I explained that she was old and was a little confused, at which point the woman calmed down and called an ambulance to come and get her.

Didnt even get a thanks!

Bah humbug.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:38 pm

Quite a few years ago I had the unenviable task of delivering a baby... yep thats right a real live baby. Dad was running up and down outside the house yelling for help and waiting for the midwife... me like an idiot said can I help.. oh wow.. spontaneous birth and jo soap here was literally left holding the baby. Midwife arrives and the party is all over... Dad walking around like a proud peacock..me?? left shaking like a leaf
And like you Hobo... I didn´t get so much as a thank you ... such is life
Mind you it was an experience bringing a lovely little girl into the world. angel

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2011, 9:38 pm

I found a rucksack in the lane behind my house one night, opened it, no wallet but saw a membership card for the local John Lloyd club just down the road, it was late but thought I could give it a try.

The lights were on and some people were at the bar, I got someone's attention and it was the manager. He told me the guy had left with his lady friend quite some time ago.

I left the bag with him, got the owners phone number and called him up when I got home, hoping to ease his worry, as the rucksack had his casual clothes in it.

This is where it gets a bit sticky...........

A lady answered, it was his wife, I told her what had happened and that her husband had left the club with his female friend a few hours before, she was kind of surprised, she told me he said his car had broken down a couple of hours ago and was still waiting for the AA man to fix it.

I panicked a bit, kind of went all schtum, she said thank you and put the phone down. I thought for a minute and it struck me that maybe I should have just left the damn thing where I found it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 13 Mar 2011, 6:55 pm

Jubbahey wrote:I thought for a minute and it struck me that maybe I should have just left the damn thing where I found it.

Lol............that's a great story Jubbahey.........poor lady but maybe you actually did her a favour!

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sun 13 Mar 2011, 7:29 pm

I try to do a good deed every day, to cancel out all the smut and obscenities Whistle

Mostly on the bus, like on Friday a chav mum left her phone on the seat and I gave it to the driver instead of keeping it and selling it

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

Are we not forgetting the most noble good samaritan of all? Lord Smeaty, I honour you for punching a flaming man to the ground outside Glasgow airport and kicking him repeatedly in the knackers.....to ensure the fire was out of course.

Think thats about the real extent of nice guys in our world sadly. Except me, total exception

Last edited by TipToes88 on Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down