The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 - Match 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians

2 posters

Go down

Week 6 - Match 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians Empty Week 6 - Match 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians

Post by Gregers Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:41 pm

Welcome to the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, home of the Delhi Daredevils

Form

(Will do later when Internet working properly)

Pitch
Conditions: Some life in the pitch for bowlers who can bang it in, however if the slower bowlers can cramp the batsmen up then scoring off of them will be hard as well. Might well be a low scoring affair.

-----

Please post tactics below

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - Match 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians Empty Re: Week 6 - Match 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

harbajhan could prove crucial on this pitch for ya then gregers.

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - Match 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians Empty Re: Week 6 - Match 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

i think delhi's bowling attack could do well on this pitch if the right bowlers are selected

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

Think Hauritz might get a debut for this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:24 pm

gregers perhaps a certain monty panesar playing this game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 1:42 am

Team:

Sehwag
Warner
Taylor
McDonald
Jaffer
I.Pathan
Ojha
Gaikwad
Hauritz
Morkel
Aaron

Toss - Bat first, post an imposing total and then strangle the Mumbai reply.

Batting - Sehwag and Warner will look to get us off to a flyer, whilst Taylor and McDonald can come in and play an attacking or holding innings depending on conditions. My batting order is long with everyone except Morkel and Aaron capable of getting us runs.

Bowling composition.

Morkel - 4 - 1,3,18,20
Aaron - 3 - 2,4,6
McDonald - 4 - 5,7,9,11
Hauirtz - 4 - 13,15,17,19
Pathan - 2 - 8,10
Gaikwad - 3 - 12,14,16

Last edited by Sainty on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:51 am

I think your bowling attack looks very well suited to this pitch, sainty. You seem to have a nice blend of bowling styles that are likely to be successful judging by the pitch conditions.

It'll be interesting to see Mumbai's attack.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:30 am

Initially, Finch was going to play instead of McDonald, but then I realised that I could be a bit more fluid with my attack and that I could push James Taylor up to 3 to accommodate him. Looking at it, I'm quite happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:37 pm

gregers i thought tactics had to be posted yesterday?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:56 pm

Team

1) Sachin Tendulkar (c)
2) Shikhar Dhawan - U25
3) Tillakaratne Dilshan - O
4) Rohit Sharma - U25
5) Manoj Tiwary - U25
6) Roloef Van der Merwe - O
7) Pinal Shah (wk)
8) Harbajhan Singh
9) Umar Gul - O
10) Lasith Malinga - O
11) Steven Finn - O U25

Toss - Bowl First

We will bowl first and try and restrict Delhi, we have a good bowling line up with a mixture of bang the ball in seamers and skiddy slower bowlers who will try and cramp the batsman for space. Both of our frontline spinners are experts in this.

Batting:

A long batting line up with Harby at 8 if needed. Dhawan and Dilshan will look to attack whereas Tendulkar will play his natural game. Rohit and Manoj are both expert players of spin and can also hit sixes off of the pace bowlers. Shah and VDM and 6 and 7 are the finishers.

Bowling:

A different bowling line up to suit the pitch this week. With Kieron Pollard missing out so that we can play Steven Finn who will hit the pitch far better coming off of the fact he is roughly 8 foot tall! Gul and Malinga retain their places due to being supreme death bowlers. VDM and Harby are the front line spinners who will relish the challenge of a pitch like this, especially VDM with all of his changes in flight and speed. Dilshan and Rohit can also chip in with a few overs if needed. Harby will open the bowling and try and get one of Warner or Sehwag in the opening over. Warner is a little bit of a liability against spin. Finn will bowl the 3 powerplay overs from the other end. Harby will be replaced by Malinga who will bowl 2 of his allotted 4 in the powerplay. Malinga will be replaced by Gul who will get the first of his overs out of the way. Finn will be replaced by VDM. VDM will bowl 3 overs before being replaced by a returning Finn who will bowl his final over. At the other end Harby will bowl his remaining 3 overs out. Dilshan will bowl over 15 unless VDM is having a storming game with the ball. As stated above both Dilshan and Rohit may be called to bowl a few of the overs if one bowler is struggling. The best death bowlers in the competition (TM!) will bowl the final 5 overs as usual.

Overs:

Harbajhan - 4 overs (1,9,11,13)
Finn - 4 overs (2,4,6,14)
Malinga - 4 overs (3,5,17,19)
Gul - 4 overs (7,16,18,20)
VDM - 3 overs (8,10,12)
Dilshan - 1 over (15)

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:57 pm

Tactics by midnight tonight CF

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:59 pm

ah right u said to me sunday midnight lol...

but fair enough mate Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:04 pm

When? I think I said Monday

In fact I did on the homepage thread:

Gregers wrote:Monday

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:05 pm

ah right my mistake mate sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

Sorry mine are scarce, busy man this week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:36 pm

still no monty panesar?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

Couldn't fit in Monty as couldn't play 3 spinners imo

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down