The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major Major Tna Spoiler.

+19
Brady12
crippledtart
JoshSansom
Samo
Celtic Warrior
Kay Fabe
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
dyrewolfe
longrangeeffort
marty2086
Mr H
sodhat
theundisputedY2D2
MtotheC
Beer
Crimey
Aaronb33
The Awesome Giz
HitmanOwl
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Major Major Tna Spoiler. Empty Major Major Tna Spoiler.

Post by HitmanOwl Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm

We have a new world heavyweight champion......

It's not Robert Roode Sad

Its..........

James Storm.

Thoughts?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Major Major Tna Spoiler. Empty Re: Major Major Tna Spoiler.

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Be interesting to see how this has come about, sounds like a Beer Money split and one turning heel could be on the cards.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Don't know if this is true but great if it is. The match Storm had with Roode was great, and I've been a huge Storm fan since very early TNA.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 pm

100% true. As you saw Angle was hurt badly and they needed a quick title change,the match didn't last long.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Hogan's comments are getting stranger and stranger...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:56 pm

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Give the title to someone not even in the picture and in less than a minute. Roode just got made to look like a complete douche.

I can't wait to see Hobo defend this.....

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:21 pm

I just don't get it!!! All this build up for Roode and then they give the tittle to his less talented tag team partner! Apparently sting is now in charge of impact and made this match... Storm won it in three mins WTF!!! Surly booby should have been given the rematch after his arm was under the rope at BFG!

I am actually dumbstruck... I am seriously considering not watching tna anymore, i used to defend impact but how can you justify illogical booking like this? What a mess!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Either Hogan is trying to copy the WWE reality era, but failing massively or he has completely lost the plot.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Well I guess Hogan was right when he tweeted that there were major plans for the Canadian.

Major plans to make him look like a bellend.

If Kurt's hurt and they needed the title off him they could easily have given it to Bobby Roode, this whole 'you only get to face Kurt Angle once' was only brought up just now, to the best of my knowledge.

I'm guessing this will lead to a Beer Money split, but you can't really turn Bobby heel after the way they built him up for BFG. And how do you turn James Storm heel after he won the title? It would have to be a gradual turn, he'd have to get cocky that he won the belt / look down on Bobby Roode for not winning it over a period of time for it to make sense.

If they do a turn, whoever turns heels will probably join Immortal.

I dunno, maybe this was the plan all along and TNA have a great storyline in place that will get us all hooked but at the moment it looks like they came up with it on the fly because Kurt Angle's hurt.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:11 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Well I guess Hogan was right when he tweeted that there were major plans for the Canadian.

Major plans to make him look like a bellend.

If Kurt's hurt and they needed the title off him they could easily have given it to Bobby Roode, this whole 'you only get to face Kurt Angle once' was only brought up just now, to the best of my knowledge.

I'm guessing this will lead to a Beer Money split, but you can't really turn Bobby heel after the way they built him up for BFG. And how do you turn James Storm heel after he won the title? It would have to be a gradual turn, he'd have to get cocky that he won the belt / look down on Bobby Roode for not winning it over a period of time for it to make sense.

If they do a turn, whoever turns heels will probably join Immortal.

I dunno, maybe this was the plan all along and TNA have a great storyline in place that will get us all hooked but at the moment it looks like they came up with it on the fly because Kurt Angle's hurt.

I agree, if (big if) they planned it, it could really be a good storyline and help to get Roode further over and eventually earn the title. Storm has to be the one to turn now, it's the only option that makes sense, and it has to play out as you say for me.

That isn't to say they won't turn Roode, have him win the belt in 10 seconds and then drop it to Angle or Sting when they return. You can never know which way it's going -- but at least we know Russo isn't the man pulling the trigger at TNA anymore.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:24 pm

I genuinely think TNA write their show, then at the end of the weekly episode of Impact they screw up the script, toss it over their shoulder and say 'right, what shall we do next week then'.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Mr H it really would surprise me if that was the case, why spend the best part of two months building someone up as the 'next guy' after he won a tournament that last four months and then give the strap to a guy who has had relatively no push in comparison?! One positive I suppose is that at least a new guy (in regards to being a world champion) has been given a chance to prove what he can with the tittle, but as a consumer/fan/viewer I feel let down!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:17 pm

TNA is booked by a 5 year old right? Because so much lacks logic, dont get me wrong I like a lot of their talent but they are so missused its wrong

I remember reading an interview with Aaron Sorkin saying when he wrote for tv he didnt plan ahead and come up with story arcs he just wrote week by week this seems to be the approach TNA have adopted

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Unless they are playing the long game with Roode this is really strange. With the build up to BFG though i had a feeling Roode wouldnt win..it was almost TOO much build up and this almost a continuation of it. Like when the guy in the movies is one day away from retirement or has a beautiful wife and 2 great kids and are about to buy a boat...you know they are going to get shot in the face at some point! Its definitely yet another obstacle for Roode to overcome. How can he possibly beat his best friend for the title?! What does he do?! Moral dilemma etc etc.

I'm still not sure why give it to Storm though..unless there is a heel turn for one of them somewhere. Roode could lost it because he feels cheated etc or Storm could get all cocky. The relationship between the two of them again just seems too good! Theres never any jealousy or bitterness no whatever happens and i just dont trust it..

Unless it turns out Storm was in cahoots with Immortal the whole time.. :S

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:06 pm

What boggles my mind is Angle was injured going into bfg,so logic says have Roode win but let's say storm comes out to try and cost Roode! Then you have a ready made feud. The fact Angle needed help getting up t the locker proves that he should never have won.

Surely the no.1 contender is crimson? Storm is good but Roode bust his ass for 4 months and Storm gets it in 3 mins?

Looks like hogan wasn't joking on that radio station.

If Hogan didn't have re-signed old Bobby would have won it at bfg I believe.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Logic would suggest that if Kurt Angle is injured and they need to put the strap on someone, they'd give it to the number one contender who won the Bound for Glory series and has been on the receiving end of a massive push.

Logic would also suggest that if the plan is for Roode to win the title you'd want him looking as strong as possible so for that you'd put him over the Olympic Gold Medalist, the best wrestler in the world, Kurt Angle. Not put him over his tag team partner who has no legitimate main event status who he beat the other week.

So what do TNA decide to do?

Kurt Angle beats Roode in a screwy finish after Hogan buried Roode in an interview days before. Then on the next Impact taping, James Storm wins the title.

Now that folks, is how to logically book a wrestling show. thumbsup

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Thing is, if they're going to turn one of them heel you can't really do it quickly, especially with the aftermath of Storm's win where Storm put the belt on Roode and Roode gave it back saying "I appreciate the gesture, but you've earned it". You can't have Storm come out next week acting all cocky that he won the belt, and you can't have Roode peed off that Storm's now champion.

If you were going to be logical about this (Logic? In professional wrestling?!) a Beer Money split would have to be done over time, meaning there would be a long term plan for a Storm/Roode feud, meaning that this was the agenda all along.

With this being TNA, and knowing how they've done things in the past, I'd wager there's not much of a long term plan in place for this one.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm beginning to think that some of the ranting these guys do in their build-up interviews and in-the-ring speeches must be for real, if they get jerked around like that on a regular basis.

I know if I were Roode I'd be mightily p***ed off right now. Not with Storm, necessarily, but with the management.

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:24 pm

When is Roode out of contract?

McMahon should get his cheque book out

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:26 pm

I like James Storm, I really do but this is just pure WrestleCrap at it's finest, they've spent 6 months building Bobby Roode since he made Flair tap at LockDown, he won the inaugrial BFG series, he was in the World Title Main Event at their biggest PPV against one of he business GOAT's, the fans loved him, he was booked to beat evert member of his stable, the World Champion was legit injured too, what do TNA do? let his Tag partner win the belt on free TV!!!!!

What a crock of Brad Pitt

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Electric Demon wrote:When is Roode out of contract?

McMahon should get his cheque book out
He's got two and a half years left, WWE wanted him 2 and a half years ago but they wantedto change his name, his gimmick and cut his hair, he told them he was far to happy with all of those things and signed a 5 year contract with TNA

WWE need to lighten up, constantly making guys start from scratch is pointless

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Anyone know what the deal with Kurt Angle is?

He tweeted that he was going to take a week off to heal his hamstring but I haven't heard if he needs to take longer i.e. they had to get the belt off him because he's injured.

Even so it makes zero sense to put the belt on Storm because if Angle is out for weeks/months then just have Sting make the rematch from BFG and have Roode win.

Interesting that Angle says in the promo that the 'you only get to face Kurt Angle once' provision was put in place by Bischoff AND Hogan. Maybe that, along with Hogan's comments about Roode not being ready, could play a part in a Roode heel turn?

I dunno man, this is messed up.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 pm

the-gaffer wrote:WWE need to lighten up, constantly making guys start from scratch is pointless

Agreed, you'd think they'd want to capitalise on any following a wrestler might have when he joins the company.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Especially when you look at CM Punk one of the only guys in recent years who hasn't had to start from scratch is their most successful import from another company.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:42 pm

I started thinking that the whole point of Hogan's face turn was to make Bobby Roode his own little pet on screen project so when Roode does win the World Title Hogan can take credit for it.

I'm really disappointed Storm has it though, while it's obviously a nod at Beer Money it would have been far more believable had a past World Champion like AJ or Joe came out the blue and won it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Especially when you look at CM Punk one of the only guys in recent years who hasn't had to start from scratch is their most successful import from another company.
It still took Punk time to get his respect in the WWE but at least he had a following, something he might not have had as someone like 'The Soda Man' Greg Barnes

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 pm

I've rated Roode for some time now right back to slamaversary a few years ago when he qualified for the king of the mountain match where Joe joined the main event mafia, he cut a promo very similar to some of the video packages in the build up to BFG and it made me take notice of him and think that this guy has a really good future. Since then he's done great things as one half of beer money and really impressed during his push. I just cant stress any more how disappointed I am with this, a move to wwe would make sense if creative could build on what he's already achieved rather than start a fresh with him.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:50 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Especially when you look at CM Punk one of the only guys in recent years who hasn't had to start from scratch is their most successful import from another company.
It still took Punk time to get his respect in the WWE but at least he had a following, something he might not have had as someone like 'The Soda Man' Greg Barnes

Yeah, I think a big part of why he managed to stay relevant in the WWE, apart from his obvious talent, is that there was always a good number of fans who knew who and what he was about.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:51 pm

the-gaffer wrote:

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:58 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'm really disappointed Storm has it though, while it's obviously a nod at Beer Money it would have been far more believable had a past World Champion like AJ or Joe came out the blue and won it

Having not seen the tapings can anyone say why Storm was picked to take on Angle and not Roode or anyone else who was above him?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:58 pm

On a plus note Tna have pushed beer money into main event status. How long they stay there time will only tell?

And if beer money feud at least you know the matches will be quality.

Like to see aj pushed back up and both factions split.

Morgan,Joe,crimson,Jeff,Anderson,angle,beer money,gunner main eventers. That's looks a really solid top line.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:04 am

It always looks solid, thats why TNA get such a hard time, on paper it could be awesome, in reality they just kick themselves in thw balls

Personally I don't consider James Storm to be a Main Eventer, not yet, one 1 minute win doesn't make you a main eventer, for me he is an upper midcarder with the World Title

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:16 am

HitmanOwl wrote:Morgan,Joe,crimson,Jeff,Anderson,angle,beer money,gunner main eventers. That's looks a really solid top line.

Is Gunner main event material? Hes got an ok look but has he had much promo time?

Hes up there because hes pinned top guys but wheres the character to get behind?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:23 am

Well you could argue a case against most of them but I reckon within 6 mints that's what it will be.

I personally don't rate gunner and I believe storm should have a run with the t.v title before this. Far far to rushed.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:28 am

I've always believed there should be someone like Jim Cornette on the booking team with the old school know how on building people up and putting them over because Russo Bischoff and Hogan try to break from it and fail

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:31 am

Cornette was in TNA for years but working with Russo nearly killed him, I did love his rants at Terry Taylor when he left

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:32 am

Cornette was with TNA for four years, probably in which they had the better product, but I'm not sure how involved he was with the actual booking.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:42 am

Jut using Cornette as an example just needs an old school mentality, thought when Foley was he there he would be perfect but then again its TNA

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:04 am

marty2086 wrote:Having not seen the tapings can anyone say why Storm was picked to take on Angle and not Roode or anyone else who was above him?

Kurt Angle came out and started bragging about screwing Bobby Roode out of the title, then Roode came out and challenged him to a rematch. Angle said that wouldn't be happening because Hogan & Bischoff put a provision in the match contract that said Roode would only get to face Angle once (don't think this was mentioned before now, was it?). Then James Storm came out and challenged Angle, so Sting - who was earlier put in charge of the day to day running of TNA by Dixie Clueless - made the match.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:19 am

I'm so glad I stopped watching this shizzle.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:21 am

So in theory sting has the power to give Roode a rematch?

So Sting will book himself into every single main event from now on? Haha.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:59 am

Sting has been portrayed as a Psychopath for 2/3 months now, why would you let a whack job run the company?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:10 am

the-gaffer wrote:Sting has been portrayed as a Psychopath for 2/3 months now, why would you let a whack job run the company?

Because its TNA!! furious

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:23 am

From Hulk Hogan's Twitter:

Goodmorning HULKAMANIACS,can't wait for all the Rood fans that turned to haters to see the big picture,thank God we still have real marks HH

And from Eric Bischoff:

Having a blast watching Internet marks react. Candy from a baby!

Loving the way they're acting as if this was the plan all along, when there have been all sorts of reports saying that Roode was slated to win the title at BFG up until the last minute.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:47 am

TNA need Heyman.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:02 am

It unfortunately seems as though TNA have taken Bischoff's "Controversy Creates Cash" mantra and are rigorously applying it in every given situation. The problem is that ridiculous story lines may give TNA headlines but they are not the kind of story lines that will lead to long term viewers... after all, who thinks "I will watch this show and invest my time in its satisfactory conclusion even though I know that the show's producers will probably stiff me by creating a BS ending..."

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:23 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:From Hulk Hogan's Twitter:

Goodmorning HULKAMANIACS,can't wait for all the Rood fans that turned to haters to see the big picture,thank God we still have real marks HH

And from Eric Bischoff:

Loving the way they're acting as if this was the plan all along, when there have been all sorts of reports saying that Roode was slated to win the title at BFG up until the last minute.
Bischoff's a Tommy Tank, he should spend more time building the product and trying to produce a logical show instead of trying to shock the internet, he should focus on pleasing the majority rather than taking petty digs at the minority

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Samo wrote:TNA need Heyman.

thumbsup

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Mr H wrote:I genuinely think TNA write their show, then at the end of the weekly episode of Impact they screw up the script, toss it over their shoulder and say 'right, what shall we do next week then'.

That would be seven days' more planning than you get from WWE...

I don't mind this progression at all. The plan is clearly to turn Roode heel because he's bitter about Storm succeeding where he failed.

I believe TNA planned to put the belt on Roode before Hogan's power play, therefore the pre-BFG montages make sense. It was amateurish to change their minds at the last second, but I applaud them for not going with Roode as champion half-heartedly. They changed their minds, so they changed the booking. Harsh on Roode, and totally incompetent, but in my opinion the best course of action.

This also gives him even more reason to be bitter, which would help his heel turn down the road (at least three months from now, I would hope, and preferably in 6-9 months setting up the BFG 2012 main event). The company has decided they want Storm as the babyface and Roode as the jealous heel; it would have been a lot harder to achieve this if Roode had won the belt. As things stand, he's got a lot more justification for being jealous.

If TNA decided - however late in the day it literally was - that they do not want to go with Bobby Roode as their top babyface, I think it was the right decision to have Angle win the PPV main event and then get the title onto Storm. Of course, the decision should have been made sooner than Sunday afternoon, and the Hogan radio interview was a disgrace, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it would have done the company no good to put the belt on a wrestler they didn't believe in at their biggest PPV of the year.

The rest of Impact sounds like the usual complete and utter pap. People from the old days talking lots. Hopefully the Storm/Roode storyline can save the company, because whatever Sting and Hogan and Dixie say, nobody else can.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:22 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:From Hulk Hogan's Twitter:

And from Eric Bischoff:

And these are the people who joined the company to help it grow?!

Imagine if Tesco took all the filling out of their pies. And when people got home from Tesco and started eating their pies they realised they were empty. And then people complained, and the Managing Director of Tesco issued a statement that all of those customers are fools and it's really fun hearing about their disappointment. It might be the stupidest thing you've heard all day, but it's akin to what Hogan and Bischoff are doing. They let down the customer base and then laughed at them for feeling disappointed.

Both should be embarrassed to cash their pay cheques.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next