The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Squad to face France on Friday

3 posters

Go down

England Squad to face France on Friday Empty England Squad to face France on Friday

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 pm

S Tomkins (Wigan);
R Hall (Leeds),
J Reed (Brisbane),
K Yeaman (Hull),
T Briscoe (Hull);
K Sinfield (Leeds),
R Chase (Castleford);
J Peacock (Leeds, capt),
J Roby (St Helens),
J Graham (St Helens),
G Ellis (Wests Tigers),
B Westwood (Warrington),
C Heighington (Wests Tigers).

Subs:
G Widdop (Melbourne),
A Morley (Warrington),
J Jones-Buchanan (Leeds),
J Wilkin (St Helens).

The bench seems quite light would need to have a bit more to it when we face Australia and the Kiwis, but should be a comfortable victory for us over France and probably Wales if the same players are used.

Back to top Go down

England Squad to face France on Friday Empty Re: England Squad to face France on Friday

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:39 pm

Looking forward to seeing how the new boys do , although the french shouldn't be a tough test . Going to have a look at the odds on Reed getting a hatrick on debut
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

England Squad to face France on Friday Empty Re: England Squad to face France on Friday

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:44 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Looking forward to seeing how the new boys do , although the french shouldn't be a tough test . Going to have a look at the odds on Reed getting a hatrick on debut

Well if the Knights managed to turn the French over with ease then I can see the England Elites having an easy run out against them. The Cumbrian side may have been a tougher test to be honest!! Wonder if Bobby Goulding will offer his resignation again after this game?

Not seen too much of Reed but looking forward to watching him and the other new names in the squad.

Bit surprised to see Widdop on the bench. Do you think he'll be used as the interchange hooker with Roby? or Would Widdop move into the half back pairing and maybe Sinfield go in at hooker?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:48 pm

I think Sinfield will probably interchange at hooker , im surprised he's starting at 6 i would of played him at 13 but i suppose McNamarra wants a look at Heighington.

Dont think this will end up being the starting line up v Australia
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Hope not, Sinfield shouldn't be starting at 6, Chase should with Lomax at 7 in my opinion.
Other than that the backs look as strong as can be expected, the forwards look okay i guess though suprised theres only 1 prop on the bench.
Should win easily after the Knights did, and this is a poor French side that could be without a coach. Should beat Wales easilyish as well, but still think we'll lose against the Aussies & Kiwis (providing the Kiwis turn up).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Hope not, Sinfield shouldn't be starting at 6, Chase should with Lomax at 7 in my opinion.
Other than that the backs look as strong as can be expected, the forwards look okay i guess though suprised theres only 1 prop on the bench.
Should win easily after the Knights did, and this is a poor French side that could be without a coach. Should beat Wales easilyish as well, but still think we'll lose against the Aussies & Kiwis (providing the Kiwis turn up).

Lomax pulled out of the England squad to have ankle surgery (I think), was replaced by Danny McGuire.

I don't think Morley or Peacock will be in the squad come the 2013 World CUp, so it may have been a better idea to put some youth in this team. Although, the England Knights is supposed to be for that purpose and it just seems to be made up of backs.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:49 pm

I would have started with Chase and Widdop as the half backs so they know a little bit about each others game before we face the Aussies.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:29 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:I would have started with Chase and Widdop as the half backs so they know a little bit about each others game before we face the Aussies.

Not a bad shout. Could of put Sinfield in at lock, Westwood to the bench and Heghington up to second row.

Putting Sinflied at lock wouldn't stifle him from contributing to the game like a half back would and gives us an extra attacking option.

Would of probably put Mcillorum on the bench instead of Jones-Buchanan for the hooker interchange, unless Roby is going to be playing the full 80.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 am

Sorry my mistake with regards Lomax, But still don't like Sinfield at 6, and would prefer him at loose forward.
As for McIllorm not sure why he's in the Squad, Robinson must have killed 3 black Cats under ladders to not be included.
Agree with the point about youth. Unfortunatly Mcnamara dosn't, but will be intresting to see his squad for the world cup(if he's still in charge), as this squad is much changed from last year's if memory serves me right, and that squad was supposed to be about getting ready for the world cup.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:12 pm

I agree i would of picked a squad in preperation for next world cup , and built the team up .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down