The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm just going to enjoy this

+7
mystiroakey
emack2
aucklandlaurie
kiakahaaotearoa
slartibartfast
Hound_of_Harrow
chewed_mintie
11 posters

Go down

I'm just going to enjoy this Empty I'm just going to enjoy this

Post by chewed_mintie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

There's been some weird, weird stuff posted here since NZ got hold of Bill this morning. Stuff like McCaw's knee on Parra being intentional (anyone who has cleared out at a ruck before will know it wasn't - oh, what about the ones here who haven't played!), some deluded insane poster suggesting that even though NZ won they still choked, suggestions that Joubert had to give the win to NZ to get out of the country...blah, blah, blah.

All week the British press has built up France to be easy beats. This was going to be a procession they said. Us Kiwi fans knew it wouldn't be. All week I have been telling anyone with half a brain that France always have one big game in a WC. They hadn't revealed their hand up to this point. To be in the final after being wonderfully Poopie all tournament is a testament to their will power. Dusatoir should be crowned IRB player of the year with that effort alone. I thought and knew, France would be immense. The emotion got the better of me, France's response to the haka was so brilliant it nearly brought me to tears.

France were immense and would have been deserving winners. But one thing I've learnt over these 24 years is that you don't get just because you are more deserving. France proved that last week. NZ proved that today. I would have felt at ease with a French win because I knew that they would ahve had the game of their lives to win.

Well done to my boys today, I can't really put in to words the thrill that this team has given me since I became aware of them 26 years ago. There are always more ups than downs but sometimes we get a team who puts up a bloody good fight and we had that today and still won.

Those players have made me proud as ever to be a kiwi. Stephen Donald, take a bow. I admit to publicly berrating you after HK like many others. You deserve my apology and enjoy your retirement up north. Richie McCaw - what a player. Regardless of what anyone says, because let's face it last week Pocock was the cheating villain, you are a true champion of the sport and this crowns a magnificent career. You rank with MJ now as the best our country has produced.

I guess maybe the people who say France were the better team think this because they expected a 20 pt win to NZ. As NZers have learnt, it doesn't matter how you win it just matters that you score more points than the other team. You won't win a game based on the judge's scores and this ain't ballroom dancing.

Lastly thank you NZ, this has well and truly been the best WC of them all on and off the field. As a resident of the UK, I hope that England can come close to replicating the inclusiveness of this tournament and if it does it will be a wonderful tournament. Crowds are great, but getting the country into the mood is a completely different thing.

I'm going to start saving now so I can take my kids to as many games as possible in 2015

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

I'm just going to enjoy this Empty Re: I'm just going to enjoy this

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:52 pm

Enjoy mintie, and all the other kiwis on 606v2. The best team won the cup.

Hopefully, we'll have another good tournament in 2015.

thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:54 pm

Thanks Harrow. Definitely looking forward to 2015!

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:56 pm

Dont forget the NZ try was a forward pass at the lineout and defenders were held back.
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:59 pm

Indeed. It had nothing to do with France defending the wrong areas nor that fact Kaino's pass went backwards

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

Lot of bitter posters out there. The ref gave it to NZ yada yada. That makes victory even sweeter. I was in a state of shock all day. Just the sheer relief to win the thing. Now I, as an AB fan, can sit back and soak in the tag of my favourite team being World Champions. ka pai.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:05 pm

Kia Ora Mintie
Auckland is a great place to be this morning.

I started reading the joubert comments on another thread and gave up after the first page,so many people on here are totally incapable af watching a game of rugby and appreciating what the players (and the referee) are trying to achieve.

On a rather more light hearted note, for me the funniest thing was after the cup had been presented,the team was showered in a silver glittery confetti, later on after the ABs had done their "lap " of honour ,like two naughty six year olds Corey jane and Israel dagg ran back over to the pile of confetti, and were doing snow angels and having a snow fight. utterly hilarious....

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:08 pm

I saw a pic of that AuckLaurie, made me laugh

I see Jane's already back on twitter too....and the booze!

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:10 pm

Ah, come on slart, I didn't see too much wrong with it. That line out move is like Fool's Mate in chess. You don't pull the stunt very often, but when it works...bingo!

Fiji used it to good effect in 2007.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

hound of Harrow
Good call, It was one of those moves that no one would hardly ever think would come off in a game so they dont try it . Yet the forwards would do it half a dozen times each training session.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:31 pm

Do the unexpected occasionally. NZ did their homework on France there, who were always going to look to defend a catch and drive. Split the line out fore and aft and no one's at home through the middle.

As them feicen meerkats would say.........

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

Im happy for NewZealand and please don't judge everyone by the idiots who post on here,
well done NZ thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:47 pm

New Zealand 8..France 7
Wondered why it reminded me of 87.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

Nice one laurie. Wasn´t the blowout you predicted but if it had been, then we would´ve seen people saying we had it too easy with the most unworthy finalists ever. We scrape by and we´re chokers apparently.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:56 pm

A lot of very bitter comments have been made about this match and the Refs decisions.Just watching the highlights now immediatly BEFORE the last.
Yachvilli penalty attempt.French head high tackle,followed by a swinging arm
then .France number 6 deliberately stampling on Mc Caws leg NOTHING given.
BOTH sides got away with murder ,it was not a case of only one side being victimised.
The All Black try was a version of the Famous "Willie Away" lineout peel tapping the ball down to a player running from the front THROUGH the line out.
Perfected by Sir Wilson Whineray and his 1960 All Black sides.
He or Kel Tremain used it with great effect then.
Over the whole tournament they alone deserved the win they Froze a bit under the expectations of a Nation.
BUT the way they upped there game in the last 10 minutes to close out the game picking and driving.
Perhaps the Semi was there Final it was there best game but a win is a win.
and 111 tackles is one hell of a defence stat.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:56 pm

enjoy it kiwis, you certainly deserve the crown of being champions thats a dead cert- the tournament was odd though, and you were very nervy over the line, maybe you even got a break or two---

but in a few weeks time and for the rest of history only one thing matters all blacks champions 2011!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:00 pm

mystiroakey wrote:enjoy it kiwis, you certainly deserve the crown of being champions thats a dead cert- the tournament was odd though, and you were very nervy over the line, maybe you even got a break or two---

but in a few weeks time and for the rest of history only one thing matters all blacks champions 2011!!
OK

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm

Yes too true mystiroakey. They don´t engrave the trophy differently for a 1 point win or a 20 point win. What matters is the win. In previous years maybe we have thought the style of rugby matters. But a tournament that happens only every four years, the thing that will stand out in the memory is who wins.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:15 pm

This afternoon Im off to the Domain for the free concerts,its a public holiday in New Zealand today.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:20 pm

emack2 wrote:French head high tackle,followed by a swinging arm
then .France number 6 deliberately stampling on Mc Caws leg NOTHING given.
BOTH sides got away with murder ,it was not a case of only one side being victimised.

Yet you don't mention the three head high "tackles" by NZ players or NZ players consistently failing to roll away at the tackle and coming in at the side. Doh

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:26 pm

Enjoy the day kia, chewed, kiwi and laurie - it must be a real buzz in Auckland today. thumbsup Ale guinness guinness

Also, so happy for you guys after the horrible year of disasters. Mr Key must be a very relieved man too!

I sincerely hope this RWC victory coincides with a resurgence in business confidence in NZ and lifts the national spirit (not too much though!) of every man, woman & child in your wonderful country! OK

Go easy on us in the 4N please.... Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:29 pm

England Rugby Fan are you so naive,France were doing it as much as the ABs.BOTH sides got away with murder six of one half a dozenof the other.
It is possible aa i`m sure you know for a REF to PING EITHER SIDE for offences at every breakdown.
Incidentally Mc Caw was pinged on several occassions.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:30 pm

It was a strange day Linebreaker. I watched the game in Madrid in the morning. Saw my Atletico draw 1-1 with Mallorca. You can´t win them all!

But to me the overwhelming sensation was one of relief. Not for me but for the players. Just happy for them and the coaching staff. I guess over the next few days it will sink in more. Hopefully my home town of Christchurch will feel better with the win. kia kaha

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:40 pm

Naive ? Sorry, but don't talk out of your backside, I watched the game as an unbiased rugby fan, unlike you.

NZ won nearly every 50/50 decision. No comment about the ref completely ignoring the three, yes three high tackles by NZ or the knee by McCaw on Parra ? Please do open your other eye.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:53 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:It was a strange day Linebreaker. I watched the game in Madrid in the morning. Saw my Atletico draw 1-1 with Mallorca. You can´t win them all!

But to me the overwhelming sensation was one of relief. Not for me but for the players. Just happy for them and the coaching staff. I guess over the next few days it will sink in more. Hopefully my home town of Christchurch will feel better with the win. kia kaha

Yes mate, I hope so too.

I phoned my uncle & aunt (in Ohoka... near Rangiora) about an hour before kick off to wish them luck but also said "I hope I'm not putting the mockers on the ABs". They had a nervous chuckle... but sounded very, very tense.

I felt so guilty when the French had that penalty near the end but thank goodness the kick went wide! Phew!!! Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyOsp Mon 24 Oct 2011, 12:38 am

As a neutral I don't think Joubert had a great game but I don't think it favoured either side.

Those complaining are just repeating Dallaglios awful commentary.. Honestly could have passed for the president of France with some of the stuff he was coming out with.

Well played France, well played New Zealand, has a team ever been more deserving of the world cup?

CurlyOsp

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:18 am

Joubert completely favoured NZ that is without doubt to any neutral.

I'm sure England, SA and Australia deserved their RWC wins. England even managed to win in 2003 with a very poor performance by the ref.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:36 am

England rugby fan wrote:Joubert completely favoured NZ that is without doubt to any neutral.

I'm sure England, SA and Australia deserved their RWC wins. England even managed to win in 2003 with a very poor performance by the ref.

The stench of sour grapes is strong with this one.
See you in four years england. We'll polish it up for ya.
Funny how joubert was unanimously agreed as the best in the world prior to the final. Now hes biased. Doesnt take a lot for these refs to turn it seems.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:01 am

The missus and I have just got back from the parade up Queen street,It is so good for rugby that this sport can completely take over one country and city.
I should also comment that big contributors to the parade were the Tongan and Samoan communities with their big bands.and they have contributed ti this tournament in a far bigger way with their standard of rugby....

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down