The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 - Voting Page

+4
ShankyCricket
Fists of Fury
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Gregers
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 7 - Voting Page - Page 2 Empty Week 7 - Voting Page

Post by Gregers Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Please place your votes and at least sentence explaining why. Obviously do not vote on your own match!

Week 7 Matches

Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Toss won by PW

Match 2 - Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings - Toss won by KKR

Match 3 - Mumbai Indians vs Kings XI Punjab - Toss won by KXIP

Match 4 - Rajasthan Royals vs Kochi Tuskers - Toss won by RR

Match 5 - Delhi Daredevils vs Deccan Chargers - Toss won by DC

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 7 - Voting Page - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 7 - Voting Page

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 am

Match 1 - real tough one this, and I give no real conviction when placing my vote, but based upon what I perceive to be the stronger batting lineup of the two, given the conditions, I'm going to go for a RCB win.

Match 2 - My match.

Match 3 - Mumbai to win, for me. I feel they have the right bowling attack to exploit the uneven bounce, with the experienced duo of Tendulkar and Dilshan carrying their chase to secure a close but comfortable win.

Match 4 - Rajasthan win in an extremely low scoring affair. Two of the finest players of spin in the world, Dravid and Sangakkara, manage to survive using all of their experience and technique, before Warne rolls back the years to rip out the Kochi middle order.

Match 5 - Delhi win, with Arafat being the surprise match winner, taking 4 wickets from his allocation. Warner falls early but Sehwag hits a good 30, before McDonald and Pathan see them home. Steyn is superb for DC, but isn't backed up enough by his fellow bowlers, who prove to be a little expensive.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:54 pm

not looking good for deccan again Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Some really tough games to predict again. Hopefully my explanations are satisfactory, as was rushing through them a little.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:59 pm

its ok mate, its only a bit of fun. I enjoy doing these fantasy leagues, and not gonna go crazy at people for not voting for me to win thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:12 pm

lets get the votes in guys Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:57 pm

3-0 up! Go on The Daredevils!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:13 pm

Match 1 - RCB win

Pune win the toss and score a large total of 170+ with Kohli batting sublimely and making 85n.o. He is supported by Yuvraj, Buttler and Mathews. In return the RCB innings gets off to a flyer with both Hafeez and Tharanga scoring quickly. Their is a little wobble when Swann comes on but the batting line up of RCB is too much and despite the best efforts of Jade and Alfonso they squeeze home with 2 balls to spare.

Match 2 - CSK win

A very very close game but the run of the Super Kings continues and they just edge out KKR in a low scoring affair. The key man for me here was Dwayne Bravo. Murali and co were on top form and blew away the Chennai top order but Bravo was able to come to terms with the nature of the pitch and saw them home hitting the winning run off of the last ball. KKR played very well as well with Murali the stand out for them. But posting 135 was just not quite enough as Bravo showed.

Match 3 - My Match

Match 4 - RR Win

The toss was absolutely vital in this game with RR getting some luck with Watson blasting his way to 40 off of just 18 deliveries. Once he got out Dravid and Sanga saw out the brilliance of the Kochi spinners until both fell to Vettori. Razzaq provided some lower order hitting and they managed to get themselves to a very respectable 145. In response the tuskers lost McCullum early and this immediately put them slightly on the back foot. Mahela, Laxman and Taylor all played brilliantly but Warne struck getting all 3 of them in the 14th/16th over. Smith almost managed to get the innings back on track with Vettori but Kochi fell an agonizing 3 runs short.

Match 5 - DD win

For me this was closer than expected going on form but still the easiest match to pick a winner from this week. The Deccan innings started well but unfortunately they seem to still be light on the batting front and could have done with one of Trott/Roy/Cosgrove or Porterfield in their somewhere. The inclusions of Arafat and Price were key to Delhi as they managed to restrict Deccan to just 160 which on this wicket never looked like being enough. In response the Deccan spinners almost managed to grab victory from the jaws of defeat but Steyn was pulverised (this just isn't his pitch) by the brilliant Warner and Sehwag. Despite the aformentioned spinners managing to almost rescue the game little James Taylor played an innings beyond his years and as wickets were falling all around him saw Delhi home with 9 balls to spare.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Looks like my semi final hopes are over.Time to prepare for the English T20 Very Happy

Last edited by shankythebiggestengfan on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:34 pm

So is that 6 coaches have voted?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Fists
Shanks
CF
Gregers
Mat
Me.

JD and GG yet to vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Kiwi has voted as well hasn't he?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 pm

His are a work in progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:38 pm

MFC is yet to vote too.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:39 pm

PW, CSK, KXI & DD win. will post reasons later

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 pm

5-0 get in!!

Really surprised how well I've done the last few weeks, although I think tactically I've got better throughout the competition.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Sainty wrote:5-0 get in!!

Really surprised how well I've done the last few weeks, although I think tactically I've got better throughout the competition.
Because I have voted for you in the last 3 games Wink

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Because of my excellent tactics, surely?

Think the addition of Arafat in the supplemental auction has helped me massively too!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Sainty wrote:Because of my excellent tactics, surely?

Think the addition of Arafat in the supplemental auction has helped me massively too!
Of Course mate.I was just kidding.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:45 pm

So CF's semi final hopes are officially over now.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Match 1 - My match.

Match 2 - CSK win - I have this as a very close game. But I think CSK squeak home due to just having the stronger batting line up than KKR, for whom only Morgan really gets to grips with the pitch. KKR's spin attack makes it close, but the class in the CSK line up just gets them home.

Match 2 - Mumbai win - This was the tightest match of the week for me, but I have just gone for Mumbai. Malinga is expensive early on, but Umar Gul is the class in the middle overs and stunts the scoring rate before him and Malinga bowl well at the death. In reply I think Sachin anchors the innings and everyone else only has to play cameos around him, which is all they are capable of on this wicket, and althought Sachin falls in the 17th over Mumbai limp home.

Match 3 - RR win - Sanga and Dravid identify what a good score is on this tough wicket and use their experience to get the Royals there with help from others. In reply, I think the classy spin attack of RR strangles the Kochi line up, with the exception of Mahela, who struggle to pace an innings and get bogged down and play rash shots. Toss was crucial in this game for me as I always like runs on the board in low scoring games.

Match 4 - Delhi win - Delhi's bowling attack blitzes through the Deccan top order, with Aaron, Arafat and McDonald proving tough work. Deccan scrape upto 120. Delhi get an early scare as Sehwag and Warner are blown away early Whistle by a pumped up Steyn, but he come off after two overs and this allows the calm Taylor and McDonald who bat well together to cruise home for Delhi.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:54 pm

JDizzle wrote:Match 1 - My match.

Match 2 - CSK win - I have this as a very close game. But I think CSK squeak home due to just having the stronger batting line up than KKR, for whom only Morgan really gets to grips with the pitch. KKR's spin attack makes it close, but the class in the CSK line up just gets them home.

Match 2 - Mumbai win - This was the tightest match of the week for me, but I have just gone for Mumbai. Malinga is expensive early on, but Umar Gul is the class in the middle overs and stunts the scoring rate before him and Malinga bowl well at the death. In reply I think Sachin anchors the innings and everyone else only has to play cameos around him, which is all they are capable of on this wicket, and althought Sachin falls in the 17th over Mumbai limp home.

Match 3 - RR win - Sanga and Dravid identify what a good score is on this tough wicket and use their experience to get the Royals there with help from others. In reply, I think the classy spin attack of RR strangles the Kochi line up, with the exception of Mahela, who struggle to pace an innings and get bogged down and play rash shots. Toss was crucial in this game for me as I always like runs on the board in low scoring games.

Match 4 - Delhi win - Delhi's bowling attack blitzes through the Deccan top order, with Aaron, Arafat and McDonald proving tough work. Deccan scrape upto 120. Delhi get an early scare as Sehwag and Warner are blown away early Whistle by a pumped up Steyn, but he come off after two overs and this allows the calm Taylor and McDonald who bat well together to cruise home for Delhi.
Naughty Boy laughing

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:00 am

gregers i dont care if i lose, but u said its not styens pitch. Steyn is a skiddy bowler and my pitch said it suits skiddy bowlers, so it does suit steyn!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:01 am

Who cares, 6-0!

Bring on Chennai!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:01 am

I personally would have gone with riaz mate

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:07 am

Chennai will be bringing it, Sainty, rest assured of that Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:11 am

Game of the tournament Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:14 am

Not Mumbai vs Chennai in week 9?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:15 am

Haha, you can argue that one between yourselves Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 am

I think KKR vs Mumbai was the closest wasnt it?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:20 am

Yeah, was very tight between two evenly matched sides.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:29 am

Sorry all, I scored a free ticket to a concert last night, which rather impinged on my voting time

Kiwireddevil wrote:Week 7 Matches
- work in prog, will add in more matches tomorrow. All the matches are tough to call this week, they definitely need thought.

Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Toss won by PW who bat first. On a batting paradise Pune get away to a flyer and Kohli and Yuvraj rack up big scores. On such a good pitch the RCB bowlers are bystanders and PW finish with a big score. In reply the RCB openers are under pressure to score heavily from the start, but get away to a reasonable start before both fall to Mathews. Taylor and Devilliers pick up the cudgel and build a good partnership that sets teh platform for the rest of RCB's long batting line up to blast away. RCB win by 2 wickets with 2 balls to spare

Match 2 - Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings - Toss won by KKR who bat first. Tough one to call again - I like the Chennai batting order and the KKR bowling lineup.

KKR get off to a steady start, milking the CSK opening bowlers but not completely dominating them. KKR continue accumulating through the middle, though they are unable to really force the pace. Some late hitting by Morgan and Pathan sees them though to 150 though. In reply Hussey nicks out to Zaheer early before Vijay and Badrinath steady things. The KKR spinners keep things tight and CSK slowly falls behind the run rate and wickets fall as the batsmen try to force the pace. Bravo gets caught on the boundary off Ohja at the end of the 16th which brings Afridi in to join Dhoni, and the pair manage to plunder Murali for plenty the next over. Zaheer's slower ball proves too good for Boomboom in the 18th, leaving things evenly poised. A superb 19th over from Murali leaves CSK needing 15 off the last. Jakati misses the 1st ball and holes out off the 2nd, putting Dhoni on strike. Dhoni sends the 3rd ball out of the ground, but skies the 4th into a gap at long on and they get 3. Ashwin manages to sky the 5th wide of extra cover, but Dhoni turns down the 2nd run. Needing a 6 Dhoni swings lustilty at the last ball but can't quite clear the fence. Win to KKR by 1 run

Match 3 - Mumbai Indians vs Kings XI Punjab - Toss won by KXIP who bat first
Win to KXP, Gambir takes a couple of boundaries of Harbhajan's opening over then he and Kieswetter score well in the power play. Harbhajan returns and gets Kieswetter and Pietersen before Akmal and Gambir put together a stand. KXP's long batting lineup lets them accelerate at the death despite losing a few wickets along the way and they wind up with a good score. In reply Tendulkar plays a strong hand, but wickets fall regularly at the other end and the pressure mounts along with the required run-rate.

Match 4 - my match

Match 5 - Delhi Daredevils vs Deccan Chargers - Toss won by DC who bat first
Win to Delhi. DC struggle through much of the innings, losing wickets early and getting tied down by spin in the middle. A late flurry of boundaries from David Miller gets them up to 135 though. In reply Steyn picks up Warner early, despite not really being sui- (no I can't bring myself to finish the line. Sorry CF I'm only teasing there) but Sehwag gets away to a bit of a flyer. The DC spinners slow things down a bit, but when the seamers come back it's only a run-a-ball needed, and all they can do is delay the last rights until half-way through the 20th over as DD win by 4 wickets

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added reasons)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 am

7-0 to Delhi Whistle

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:44 am

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:7-0 to Delhi Whistle

Ouch. Sorry mate. For what it's worth I'm going to call it pretty close when I do my reasons. I haven't paid much attention to other people's votes (I try to make sure I'm not influenced too much by other opinions), I'd have said 5-3 or 6-2 were better reflections of the closeness of the 2 sides.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:55 am

Gregers wrote:I personally would have gone with riaz mate

im just saying mate, cos steyn was perfectly suited to the pitch, and if it was me that made the prediction people would be going mad lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:06 am

well done sainty thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:25 am

sorry, is it just me we're waiting on? Will get my votes up either this afterrnoon or tomorrow afternoon, sorry.

Bit surprised Delhi are taking it 7-0, thought it looked tighter than that. Did we tie in the end Gregers? Seems about right to me...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:31 am

I think we are waiting on GG, too, mate. Any time today is fine, I imagine.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:32 am

It's either 4-4 or 4-3 mate

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:36 am

GG gave his votes, but not his reasons yet. I'll get mine up tonight, some of these are tight and I'm still undecided lol.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:51 am

The Delhi juggernaut is gaining form at the right time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 am

plz dont tell me i lost because people steyn wasnt suited to the pitch. Steyn skiddy bowler, on pitch which suits skiddy bowlers....

anyway: congrats sainty well done mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:34 am

Steyn would have been very dangerous on that pitch, as stated in my reasoning. Just didn't feel he was backed up enough.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:38 am

looking back on it, i probably should have gone with Wahab Riaz as my 2nd seamer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:48 am

Maybe, it's all well and good having a match winner like Steyn, but that's 4 overs of your bowling innings, there needs to be adept support to carry on after him.

It's like in our match, after Aaron and McDonald, I had the likes of Arafat, Price and Pathan to come in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 pm

i have RCB next and Rajasthan last. Im hoping to finish a dissapointing season on a high, with 2 wins out of last 2 games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Just MFC to vote now isn't it?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Yup.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Awesome, well hopefully will be able to get results up this evening as well as next weeks matches

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:24 am

Match 1: Pune win. Pune have plenty of batting, enough to post a big score. The scoreboard pressure then tells and Swann spins them to victory.

Match 2: Chennai win. CSK's bowling attack is too classy in these conditions, and Morgan aside KKR struggle. Vijay and Hussey lay a solid foundation, and Raina and Dhoni land some lusty blows to see them home.

Match 4: Rajasthan win. They have a really good top 5 in these conditions, and that gets them to an above par score. Jayawardene and Laxman get a good partnership going, but once Warne separates them the RRR rises and on a tricky pitch Kochi just can't find the necessary boundaries.

Match 5: Delhi win. Deccan's top order falls for not very many but Hussey, White and Miller guide them to a competitive score. Steyn then blows away the top order, before Taylor and Pathan get a good partnership going, and Arafat finishes the job.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:12 am

I've added my last 2 reasons above. Sorry for the delay, didn't get home until 10.30 last night and have been in meetings most of today.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2