The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O'Driscoll and Horgan's futures in doubt!

5 posters

Go down

O'Driscoll and Horgan's futures in doubt! Empty O'Driscoll and Horgan's futures in doubt!

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 06 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

I've read in the paper's O'Driscoll might require surgery to fix his shoulder. He clearly wasn't righ during the World Cup. Horgan has just had surgery. In the Indo this article has a disturbing quote
And Shane Horgan's career is also in the balance after knee surgery to fix a persistent problem.
What do they mean "career is also in the balance"? They're both in their thirties so i guess serious injury could really be the end of their career's. Does anyone more informed than me have further information?
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

O'Driscoll and Horgan's futures in doubt! Empty Re: O'Driscoll and Horgan's futures in doubt!

Post by Mickado Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:34 am

Wheres me rosary beads...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

O'Driscoll and Horgan's futures in doubt! Empty Re: O'Driscoll and Horgan's futures in doubt!

Post by Don Alfonso Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:31 am

That explains DK at the Ravenhill game - trying to work out who BOD's successor might be, at least for the 6N?

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:16 am

Shocked

Clearly BOD wasn't right at the end of last season and at the RWC. He looked a shadow of the player he was during the season and in the 6N.

At his stage at his a career a long layoff would be hard to come back from. He has a lot of miles on the clock and maybe a wise move would be to hang up the boots. I can't imagine Irish rugby without BOD, but no one can go on forever.

Horgan would be a big blow to Leinster. They look a different side without him.

Cave has been in fantastic form and McFadden showed up well for Leinster at the weekend at 13 as did Barnes on the wing for Munster. Trimble looked excellent on the wing too for Ulster so there are options and the show must go on.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 07 Nov 2011, 4:58 pm

roddersm wrote: Shocked

Clearly BOD wasn't right at the end of last season and at the RWC. He looked a shadow of the player he was during the season and in the 6N.

At his stage at his a career a long layoff would be hard to come back from. He has a lot of miles on the clock and maybe a wise move would be to hang up the boots. I can't imagine Irish rugby without BOD, but no one can go on forever.

Horgan would be a big blow to Leinster. They look a different side without him.

Cave has been in fantastic form and McFadden showed up well for Leinster at the weekend at 13 as did Barnes on the wing for Munster. Trimble looked excellent on the wing too for Ulster so there are options and the show must go on.

Looks like he will have plenty of opportunities to push his case with BOD now out for 6 months.

Last edited by LondonTiger on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down