The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs?

3 posters

Go down

Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs?

Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_lcap42%Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_lcap17%Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_lcap33%Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_lcap0%Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_lcap0%Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_lcap8%Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Empty Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs?

Post by lsabre Mon 7 Mar - 15:01

Alright, with the dust settling down now, who do you think was Britain's top performance in Paris? Helen Clitheroe's emotional 3000m victory after so much time in the waiting, Mo Farah's gritty win in the men's 3000m equivalent, Tiffany Offili's missing gold by even less than a fraction or Dwain Chambers coming back from no-man's-land to nearly capture a second title in a row?

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Empty Re: Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs?

Post by davidl1061 Tue 8 Mar - 11:03

Helen Clitheroe for me, to finally win at the age of 37 was a big surprise for me

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs? Empty Re: Who was Britain's top performer at the European Indoor champs?

Post by lsabre Wed 9 Mar - 9:11

I see a tie between Helen Clitheroe and Tiffany Offili at the top so far, with Mo narrowly behind.

As concerns me, I felt all top four options were very close for same or different reasons. Eventually, I opted for Tiffany Offili, despite her missing out on gold, because her time was real world class and a major breakthrough on the international scene.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Wed 9 Mar - 9:52

Helen Clitheroe for me. At 37 she's finally finding success. Good on her.

Offili's time will come. She could be a medal prospect next year if she can convert that indoors speed to the longer distance. 12.7 something this year ought to be on the cards?

Last edited by teassoc on Wed 9 Mar - 10:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Wed 9 Mar - 9:55

...and even faster by the look of things!!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Mar - 18:27

It was close between Offili and Clitheroe for me too, but I had to opt for Helen. SHe's given so much for so long for us and she's proof that if you keep trying anything can happen. Was so happy for her that she got the Gold Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Mon 14 Mar - 21:32

We still can't get a winner in this one!! *chuckle*

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Tue 15 Mar - 22:24

Well, seems like Helen has earned a crucial edge!!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Tue 22 Mar - 1:15

Helen Clitheroe reflects on winning her first ever international title, the frenzied fortnight that followed up on and her plans and dreams of the future as she is turning into the swing of training towards the outdoor season. Surely, her win has appealed to so many and hopefully there's more to come for her!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/8395581/London-2012-Olympics-Helen-Clitheroe-the-late-starter-gets-into-her-stride.html

My own view though? She should stick with the barriers, she's got a real good chance of not only making a top six place in Daegu but even get an extra push from the home crowd to a surprise medal in London next year. The 5000m is very much of an unknown territory for her and won't have as many chances of racing over the distance. She could dip under 15 mins come summer but that still could be just enough for a place in the final... No matter what, good luck Helen!!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down