The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Club World Cup ?

2 posters

Go down

A Club World Cup ? Empty A Club World Cup ?

Post by EngInAuck Sun 13 Nov 2011, 1:28 am

espnscrum.com/premiership-2011-12/rugby/story/154140.html

Any Ideas of how this could work ? whether it will work? 1 pool per country ? Knock out Tournament?

Lets Just Pretend there was a Club World cup this year and in the Final there was 1 team from the North Side of the Equator and one from the south in the final.

What teams would you expect to see ? and what do you think the end score would be?

My pick.

Teams: Muster , Queensland Reds

Venue: Thomond Park, Limerick

Score: 24-18 to Munster

Munster: 3 Trys (1 penalty Due to Constant collapsing of scrums and Two scored in the last 10 min) O cons 3 Pen

Reds: 2 Trys 1 Con 2 Pen

Ultimately A combination of Home advantage and Torrential rain helped muster to the win, The reds where unable to capitalise of there superior back play due to the weather. And the Munster forwards Dominated in the last 30Min due to them being used to the bad conditions.

I dont know about you guys but id certainly Pay top dollar to see that game.

chin
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

A Club World Cup ? Empty Re: A Club World Cup ?

Post by EngInAuck Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:47 am

guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/nov/11/rugby-union-violent-breakaway-premiership
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:22 am

Very much about revenue. And growing Rugby, not at the grass roots, per se, but at the top club level across to new(er) markets,

I like aspects of the idea, but think its too early in the development of pro Rugby. Admittedly, crowds in many places are still small. But are still growing.

The off-shore matches - if in the right markets - could be a big draw. Living as I do in the NYC area (at least until the end of the year) I could see a big audience for one of those matches. Especially if it is after the American Football season. And if Munster, Northampton or Toulouse came over here, I would pony up some $$$ to see 'em. Besides I do when I am back home anyway.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down